PDA

View Full Version : track day

soda7o
02-09-2007, 12:13 PM
I know there are alot of track junkies here...so this is a good place to ask.

I want to do a track day... nothign crazy i just want ot try to ride on the track.
whats the cheapest and easiest way to do this. ( i dont havemy own leather and dont plan on buying for one day)
i also do not want to go and get the bike all super prepped.. i would prefer to run my current street bike naked or just tape up all the lights and etc.
also my bike is not exactly in tip top shape which i am sure most of you knwo .. so is there a tech inspection?

how do i get info on that ? how much is it? etc etc..
i really want to try a track dya this summer
thanks all

BurnCycle
02-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I think both NESBA and TPM have a 'try the track' program. Hit the sites and I'm sure you'll be able to find all the info you need.

Click for TPM 'Try the Track Info' (http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=track_trythetrack)
Click for NESBA Intro Info (http://www.nesba.com/info/intro.aspx)

The biggest risk with a track day... It can potentially be habit forming. :)

soda7o
02-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I think both NESBA and TPM have a 'try the track' program. Hit the sites and I'm sure you'll be able to find all the info you need.

Click for TPM 'Try the Track Info' (http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=track_trythetrack)
Click for NESBA Intro Info (http://www.nesba.com/info/intro.aspx)

The biggest risk with a track day... It can potentially be habit forming. :)

thanks

but i am way to lazy to actually do my own research....(read the title.. ):)

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Do the ART Basic w/TPM
just tape up your lenses and make sure the bike is in proper and safe running order and passing tech should be no problem
you can rent the full gear for about $65 for a suit and back protector, boots or gloves are $25 each for the day.
here is the schedule with the prices for each track:
http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=track_events
(no additional charge for the ART Basic school, it is now included in the price for the day)

soda7o
02-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Do the ART Basic w/TPM
just tape up your lenses and make sure the bike is in proper and safe running order and passing tech should be no problem
you can rent the full gear for about $65 for a suit and back protector, boots or gloves are $25 each for the day.
here is the schedule with the prices for each track:
http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=track_events
(no additional charge for the ART Basic school, it is now included in the price for the day)

thanks O
so how much is it free for the art basic? it says on the site ART - Basic $0 Included with Track Fees so how much are the track fees

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-09-2007, 01:47 PM
thanks O
so how much is it free for the art basic? it says on the site ART - Basic $0 Included with Track Fees so how much are the track fees
that link I put up has the track fees, depending on what track and what day they range from $165 to $185 for members and $190 to $210 for nonmembers (associates)

soda7o
02-09-2007, 02:02 PM
that link I put up has the track fees, depending on what track and what day they range from $165 to $185 for members and $190 to $210 for nonmembers (associates)

thanks

but i could not find that link unless it is the link which says book a day .. in whichcase it is blocked from work

NYCSTRIPES
02-09-2007, 02:04 PM
The only thing they will not rent to you is a helmet. Everything else including the bike you can rent from TPM. Its cheaper to have or borrow the proper gear for the day, but renting the safety gear from TPM is a decent option for a beginner.
Ken

soda7o
02-09-2007, 02:08 PM
The only thing they will not rent to you is a helmet. Everything else including the bike you can rent from TPM. Its cheaper to have or borrow the proper gear for the day, but renting the safety gear from TPM is a decent option for a beginner.
Ken

i have a bike and helmet.. and the gloves..
everythign else i dont have

Ant
02-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Don't worry about the tech inspection. As long as it works. If my busted ass bikes can pass, so can yours.

CBRBob
02-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Don't worry about the tech inspection. As long as it works. If my busted ass bikes can pass, so can yours.

Not in my tech line :nopity:

Kennedy
02-10-2007, 02:18 PM
What makes YOU think your bike will not pass tech? explain.

soda7o
02-12-2007, 11:15 AM
What makes YOU think your bike will not pass tech? explain.

i dont know... maybe the fact that i put it together my self and there is alotof JB weld and zip ties :)

Cakes206
02-12-2007, 11:24 AM
i dont know... maybe the fact that i put it together my self and there is alotof JB weld and zip ties :)
Perfect, JB weld and zip ties are a part of the game :lol: As long as there are no fluids leaking, brake pads and tires are in good shape, all major bolts are tight, you should be good to go.

High_Revs_17
02-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Kon you must rock your frankengix at ART Basic man! Just don't slow waaaay down then speed up all the time in the wrong places or you'll drive everyone crazy. :lol:

soda7o
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Kon you must rock your frankengix at ART Basic man! Just don't slow waaaay down then speed up all the time in the wrong places or you'll drive everyone crazy. :lol:

u know i will :)

RCM78
02-12-2007, 05:59 PM

What exactly is JB Welded? Cracked cases that are jb welded together will not pass tech.

Kennedy
02-12-2007, 08:16 PM
What exactly is JB Welded? Cracked cases that are jb welded together will not pass tech.

:peep: :whistle:

yetidave
02-12-2007, 08:20 PM

And if anyone will catch it at tech, it'll be Ralph. Ralph doesn't miss ANYTHING. :)

Cakes206
02-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Really? Even if its done real well?

tommymac
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
And if anyone will catch it at tech, it'll be Ralph. Ralph doesn't miss ANYTHING. :)

Ralph will even make things up to have peole fail tech, like swirls in the tires:roflmao:

Tom

soda7o
02-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Do i get my money back if i dont pass tech?

Cakes206
02-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Do i get my money back if i dont pass tech?
Only if you purchase EFP(Event Fee Protection) you get back like 70%(I think,) don't quote me on that, check TPM's policy regarding EFP. In the end, you're responsible for the working condition of your bike. If one doesn't pass tech, it's for the saftey of you and others.

liquiddevil2000
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
now thats dumb..(even though u should know that so u dont waste everyones time)
dont do it soda...u might be even more broke then if u would have bought the gear and everything new..lol

soda7o
02-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Only if you purchase EFP(Event Fee Protection) you get back like 70%(I think,) don't quote me on that, check TPM's policy regarding EFP. In the end, you're responsible for the working condition of your bike. If one doesn't pass tech, it's for the saftey of you and others.

i understand but if i dont actually knwo if it iwll pas sor not..
i understand i waste their time but not 30% of it..
sure keep 5% to 10% but 30 thats a bit to much..

Cakes206
02-13-2007, 12:44 PM
i understand but if i dont actually knwo if it iwll pas sor not..
i understand i waste their time but not 30% of it..
sure keep 5% to 10% but 30 thats a bit to much..
Your bike would have to be in pretty bad shape not to pass tech, and at that rate shouldn't be riding the streets either :lol: Is there anything you are concerned about now with how the bike is? Like brake pad thickness, whatever, post up some pics and I'm sure one of the tpm bunch can let you know.
The money thing, thats a whole 'nuther thing...its not really a time thing, its more of taking up a spot thing I'm guessing.

now thats dumb..(even though u should know that so u dont waste everyones time)
Depends on how you look at it, EFP will even cover a mechanical issue before noon. So if you crash or go off track bending a rim rendering the bike usless before lunch(don't ask me how I know this, lol) you can use EFP and get 70%(I think its like $100) back towards another day.

soda7o
02-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Your bike would have to be in pretty bad shape not to pass tech, and at that rate shouldn't be riding the streets either :lol: Is there anything you are concerned about now with how the bike is? Like brake pad thickness, whatever, post up some pics and I'm sure one of the tpm bunch can let you know.
The money thing, thats a whole 'nuther thing...its not really a time thing, its more of taking up a spot thing I'm guessing.

Not sure aboutmy tires and brakes.. ill try to snap some pics
and as far as JB wels.. well it is patching something that it probably shouldnt :)

yetidave
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
We will bend over backwards to help you pass tech. We do not WANT to fail bikes, and some of us will do everything up to, and including, helping you drill and safety wire your entire bike (true story, I did it for a guy at VIR last year). If there is any way to get you and your bike through tech and on the track, you can bet your ass we'll help you.
All that said, if your bike is a complete piece of shit that you know you shouldn't even think about riding around the block much less the track, you may want to think twice about dragging it to the track. But I've yet to see one person have to put their bike back on the trailer and head home because they couldn't get through tech. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it myself.

High_Revs_17
02-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Kon, didn't you say all the motor mounts are JB welded? :moocow:

jk :lol:

soda7o
02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Kon, didn't you say all the motor mounts are JB welded? :moocow:

jk :lol:

no the frame is.. :lol:

Cakes206
02-13-2007, 05:26 PM
no the frame is.. :lol:
Fame Repair 101 by Buckelup :LOL:

RCM78
02-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, I cant say I've ever seen someone come through tech with a cracked frame. I'd probably fail it. I mean that is a bit much.

Yeti will break out his welder and fix you up though so no worries...

soda7o
02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Fame Repair 101 by Buckelup :LOL:

nothe frame is not craked it was a joke

yetidave
02-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeti will break out his welder and fix you up though so no worries...

Duct tape baby, duct tape.:)