PDA

View Full Version : cd/dvd burning

Mike295
02-08-2007, 04:33 PM
ok...

I have dvd (recordable) at home. I put songs on there from itunes. I then tried to play the disk in my cd player to listen to the songs. It dosent work. There is noting on the dvd disk other then mp3's music. DVD disks are different then cd disks? Is there a way to to format it so i can listen to the songs in my cd player? The dvd holds so much more info then the cd. I was able to put a shit load of songs on there.

jcblitz
02-08-2007, 04:38 PM
cd players cannot read dvds, they look the same but they're different. Though DVD players for the most part are backward compatible. And you should have prefaced this with "My friend wants to know..." because that was a ridiculous question. :)
-
Edit: http://www.imation.com/products/dvd_media/differences.html

ffejtable
02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
in addition to DVD and CD disks being completely different, if you are putting the disk into a regular CD audio player ( like your car stereo that does not have specific MP3 capabilities), then you have to burn to a regular CD and burn the disk as an audio disk, rather than just dumping MP3 files onto it which the player wont understand. by doing this you are still limited to the ~74min limit of audio CDs. (80+ mins using certain CDs and/or overburning).

Mike295
02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
ok so when i drag and drop songs from i tunes in to my cd. to burn a cd. do i have to do additonal formating for it to work in a stock cd player in a 05 honda accord. 6 dick changer

Ant
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
ok so when i drag and drop songs from i tunes in to my cd. to burn a cd. do i have to do additonal formating for it to work in a stock cd player in a 05 honda accord. 6 dick changer

It depends on the software you have. My HP software automatically converts it if I say I want to make a music cd. For MP3 cd's I tell it to make a data cd.

jcblitz
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM

What I do with iTunes is create a playlist of the songs I want to burn. Then click the playlist and there should be an icon to burn the CD, which is playable in all cd players.