PDA

View Full Version : is it true - no more stewarts?

GinoE
02-04-2007, 02:40 PM
i just read on another bike board that whitehouse nj stewart's will be no more?

Cakes206
02-04-2007, 03:13 PM
i just read on another bike board that whitehouse nj stewart's will be no more?
Call and ask, that would be the best bet.

John712
02-04-2007, 03:34 PM
OH NO! the world as we know it will now end. WTF!?!?

PitsVtec
02-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Really....we need to confirm that...

causef0rconcern
02-05-2007, 12:55 AM
No way, thats my excuse to hit up Round Valley on Thursday nights!! And I'm about to buy a cruiser so I'll fit in better!!

Kennedy
02-05-2007, 02:55 PM
The place is just going to new ownership supposedly and keeping it a stewarts according to the previous owner.

Half of the people who posted in this thread I have never seen at the stewarts in white house.....except for ginoe and cause ;)

Here is an email from the previous owner.....

HI! Yes - (sad!) Stewart's is for sale....I have been leasing it for 5 years with the intention of buying the business and property. Got approval for the loan, but the interest rates were so high - it would take 10 years for me to make it back! It was a VERY VERY hard decision - especially because I have so much support from friends, family and mostly customers!

Also, my mother is retiring down south in a couple of years - I had to go back to work at MetLife for benefits....so many personal factors!

BUT - I am SAD! Also happy to have a personal life back! Good news is - looks like all the potential buyers are looking to keep it a stewart's - mostly locals! I will let ou all know when I find out!! Tempe

Rev
02-05-2007, 04:56 PM
No way, thats my excuse to hit up Round Valley on Thursday nights!! And I'm about to buy a cruiser so I'll fit in better!!

Are you serious..aren't you a twistie lover..

SAXON117
02-05-2007, 05:45 PM

DUDE! you can't be serious!

CBRBob
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
The place has been for sale for months. I asked Tempe(the owner), she basically gave me the answer Kennedy posted. When I drove by there last week, the for sale sign was still up.... Most Stewarts(like the one in question in Lebanon) are close for the winter so you can't call.

Kennedy
02-05-2007, 07:46 PM
The place has been for sale for months. I asked Tempe(the owner), she basically gave me the answer Kennedy posted. When I drove by there last week, the for sale sign was still up.... Most Stewarts(like the one in question in Lebanon) are close for the winter so you can't call.

Didn't want to blow up your spot Bobby so you can take the credit lol

causef0rconcern
02-05-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't want to threadjack. Please see new post!

But in regards to Stewarts - Hopefully the new owner(s) will be as biker friendly as the previous one! I don't see a reason not to too want to host a bike night, but you never know with some people. I just hope there isn't some ridiculous layover time while the property sits for months/years without use before the new owener decides to do something with it. I know that kind of stuff happens from time to time. Ideally, they will just "sign the title over" and the motor will never stop running!

Shelly
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
The place is just going to new ownership supposedly and keeping it a stewarts according to the previous owner.

Half of the people who posted in this thread I have never seen at the stewarts in white house.....except for ginoe and cause ;)

Here is an email from the previous owner.....

LOL...I work across the steet n even caged it there on a bike night.....hehe only had 4 wheels at the time...got my new baby now ;) they better still have bike nights!!!

causef0rconcern
02-09-2007, 07:38 PM
oh no she works for harley!!!

CBRBob
02-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Noooooo, but her co. has had a lot of bad press lately. hd only has bad press from people that actually have owned or worked or ridden within 5 miles of them.

Shelly
02-10-2007, 12:14 PM
LOL...yeah, bad press but I don't care...it's cyclical like all things, it'll change...I still get a paycheck :D If/when stock goes up then I'll ca$h in my options and leave company w/ a bang..hehe...not a HD fan...but to each their own.

Noooooo, but her co. has had a lot of bad press lately. hd only has bad press from people that actually have owned or worked or ridden within 5 miles of them.

High_Revs_17
02-13-2007, 04:37 PM
And I'm about to buy a cruiser so I'll fit in better!!

In your case I think there is a cause for concern...:ohmygod: