PDA

View Full Version : Weightlifting/Body Building

Kennedy
02-02-2007, 03:00 PM
How many of you are currently into weight training or bodybuilding? If so what kind of schedule do you usually follow and what kind of weight do you put up.

Right now I'm trying various day splits trying to find the right one for me.
Currently this week I have done....
Back/cardio
Shoudlers/Abs
Chest/cardio
Quads/bi's
(today) Tri's/calves/hamstrings/cardio

If anyone is interested in the exercises I did for each body part just ask and I'll refer to my log and post up.

I feel that sometimes a 5 day split gives my muscles too long of a rest, Im thinking of trying a 4 or even 3 day split (whole body in 3-4 days)

Currently Im 167 lb's at 5'6 1/2" last body fat reading I had was about a month ago at 17% body fat. Im looking to lower that to anywhere from 12-14%.....When I started in June I was 155 lbs of flab. In early december I weighed in at 175 (of flab ;) ) and just began to diet and do alot more cardio to try and "cut up". I would like to get my weight to anywhere from back to 155 - 160 but keeping my strength and whatever muscle I currently have on my body.

I've been training since june and just hit my goal of Benching 225 x 3. My next goal for bench is to be able to hit 225 x 12 reps. Just a little background.......

Maybe if I get enough hits/responses ill post some before/after pics ;)

Vin
02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Queue "I'm 60lbs but I know all about bodybuilding because I read books and the internet" dolts in 5, 4, 3, 2...

I'll post more late when I have time.

My advice is to go heavy, eat, rest, eat, and go heavy again.

Rev
02-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Sex is the best cardio....

Vin
02-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Sex is the best cardio....

I bet your right hand has some insane grip.

jcblitz
02-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Queue "I'm 60lbs but I know all about bodybuilding because I read books and the internet" dolts in 5, 4, 3, 2...

I'll post more late when I have time.

My advice is to go heavy, eat, rest, eat, and go heavy again.

That's a different sport bike related website. And if you're looking to tone up and be cut, body building isn't the avenue you want to investigate.

Vin
02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
if you're looking to tone up and be cut, body building isn't the avenue you want to investigate.

It absolutely is, because you can go through a (clean) bulking phase (eat a lot), and then shift gears to tone the gains.

Kennedy
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
That's a different sport bike related website. And if you're looking to tone up and be cut, body building isn't the avenue you want to investigate.

Bodybuilding is the act of building/bulking and then cutting to show those gains you have made.

Weightlifting is the act of lifting weights to be as strong as you can physical appearance makes no difference to you

jcblitz
02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
It absolutely is, because you can go through a (clean) bulking phase (eat a lot), and then shift gears to tone the gains.

All the body builders I know that aren't body builders anymore are now fatsos (I knew 3 competitive body builders a couple years back). The were telling me as they got older and went through their "bulking" stage for the season, it got harder and harder to turn that into muscle / burn it off where as they had no problems when they were younger. It seems to me that Kennedy doesn't have a problem putting on weight, where as someone who has problems putting on the pounds might want to build a base before toning. With that said I don't think that route would be the most beneficial for a person looking to get into shape and build some muscle mass in process instead of bulking up for competition. But that's just my take on what his goals are.

I would like to get my weight to anywhere from back to 155 - 160 but keeping my strength and whatever muscle I currently have on my body.

Bodybuilding is the act of building/bulking and then cutting to show those gains you have made.

Weightlifting is the act of lifting weights to be as strong as you can physical appearance makes no difference to you

It sounds like you want to loose weight and still maintain strength / size, doesn't sound like bulking to me. It sounds like toning.

Vin
02-02-2007, 04:06 PM
All the body builders I know that aren't body builders anymore are now fatsos (I knew 3 competitive body builders a couple years back). The were telling me as they got older and went through their "bulking" stage for the season, it got harder and harder to turn that into muscle / burn it off where as they had no problems when they were younger. It seems to me that Kennedy doesn't have a problem putting on weight, where as someone who has problems putting on the pounds might want to build a base before toning. With that said I don't think that route would be the most beneficial for a person looking to get into shape and build some muscle mass in process instead of bulking up for competition. But that's just my take on what his goals are.

Totally understood, but you're comparing some competitive bodybuilders with an amateur who wants to put on size and cut it.

Additionally, you're saying that said individuals are "fatsos" -- maintaining muscle is basically a second (or third) job for people, and it doesn't come and maintain naturally. Shit, it doesn't automatically maintain via "chemicals" either.

I think you're correct on Kennedy's goals (but Chris can answer that). My advice is merely an oversimplification on the entire process. My mantra's been to lift heavy or not lift at all, and through a decent diet and keeping at the weight, I've been able to tone up (and gain size) considerably while being able to keep and enhance my strength.

High_Revs_17
02-02-2007, 04:06 PM
If you're looking to maintain decent lap times tone up, don't bulk up. You'll also develop better stamina from toning than bulking, just the thing you need for trackdays/racing, and I'm sure your woman won't mind the end results either.

Xracer264
02-02-2007, 04:27 PM
How many of you are currently into weight training or bodybuilding? If so what kind of schedule do you usually follow and what kind of weight do you put up.

Right now I'm trying various day splits trying to find the right one for me.
Currently this week I have done....
Back/cardio
Shoudlers/Abs
Chest/cardio
Quads/bi's
(today) Tri's/calves/hamstrings/cardio

If anyone is interested in the exercises I did for each body part just ask and I'll refer to my log and post up.

I feel that sometimes a 5 day split gives my muscles too long of a rest, Im thinking of trying a 4 or even 3 day split (whole body in 3-4 days)

Currently Im 167 lb's at 5'6 1/2" last body fat reading I had was about a month ago at 17% body fat. Im looking to lower that to anywhere from 12-14%.....When I started in June I was 155 lbs of flab. In early december I weighed in at 175 (of flab ;) ) and just began to diet and do alot more cardio to try and "cut up". I would like to get my weight to anywhere from back to 155 - 160 but keeping my strength and whatever muscle I currently have on my body.

I've been training since june and just hit my goal of Benching 225 x 3. My next goal for bench is to be able to hit 225 x 12 reps. Just a little background.......

Maybe if I get enough hits/responses ill post some before/after pics ;)

Kennedy,

I currently train or excercise three to four days a week. Since I haven't trained for a while here is what I do currently:

Abs every workout
Finish with cardio after every workout except Quads (I'll usually warm up some cardio)
Day 1 - Chest/ biceps and triceps
Day 2 - back and shoulders
Day 3 - quads, hamstrings and calves

At my age I'm just looking to stay "fit" and tone. Plus I don't have alot of time to go to the gym like I did when I was 21....LOL

shadoxkila
02-02-2007, 08:07 PM
cardio everyday if your trying to lose weight....worst part of the workout, but completely necessary. you'd actually be surprised about how much your diet can effect everything also no matter how much you workout

day1:chest
day2-back
day3-shoulders
day4-legs
day5-arms
cardio everyday

as far as weight i just put the weight as heavy as i can so i can do between 5-8 reps

ImmaSquashYou
02-02-2007, 09:31 PM
hymm....i know ur suppose to let your muscles rest or what not. But i work out about 3-4 days a week. start off with either 4 miles on elliptical or 2 miles running/walking. But i do back, chest, biceps, triceps, basically everything on the upper body everyday. I do legs once week. But then again, i ski/snowboard so i can't really push it that hard otherwise it would suck on the mountain. I was hurting at first n my muscles didn't recover that quickly. But since now, my muscles have been recovering fine and i don't get sore at all.

Ant
02-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I have been hitting the gym for about 3 months now. PM cakes for a good workout because I just do what he tells me too. :lol:

Also, Vin is right. For those of you who don't believe him, you should see him in person. He's a pretty big guy.

HookRone
02-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Kennedy, congrats on metting your goal. I need to set myself a bench goal.

I do a 3 day split.

1. Chest/Tris
2. Back/ Bi's
3. Back/legs

30-40 min cardio

Try to pack on somemore mass for the summer. :) Actually cutting down calories and try to cut.

Cakes206
02-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Training since June? So less than a year? My advice...keep going, train hard, and don't think about the results, let it just happen as it's definitely not going to happen over night. It takes years of dedication and hard work as the human body can only produce naturally about 4lbs maybe 5lbs max of muscle a year. Also when training, yes you need to train hard, but be smart about it, if you constantly go balls out, you'll have problems down the road, i.e. joint issues. Because although your muscles are able to throw the weight around, doesn't mean your joints, ten, and lig are able to keep up. Everything needs to progress together. Time is key.

With that said, I personally like a 4 day split with a day off in the middle, two days on, one day off, two days on, one day off, repeat.

Muscle group i.e.
chest/bi
quads
back/hamstrings
shoulder/tri

Another thing is to make sure you sleep, get a solid 8 hours. And be sure to EAT, EAT, EAT.

Good luck.

Ant
02-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Training since June? So less than a year? My advice...keep going, train hard, and don't think about the results, let it just happen as it's definitely not going to happen over night. It takes years of dedication and hard work as the human body can only produce naturally about 4lbs maybe 5lbs max of muscle a year. Also when training, yes you need to train hard, but be smart about it, if you constantly go balls out, you'll have problems down the road, i.e. joint issues. Because although your muscles are able to throw the weight around, doesn't mean your joints, ten, and lig are able to keep up. Everything needs to progress together. Time is key.

With that said, I personally like a 4 day split with a day off in the middle, two days on, one day off, two days on, one day off, repeat.

Muscle group i.e.
chest/bi
quads
back/hamstrings
shoulder/tri

Another thing is to make sure you sleep, get a solid 8 hours. And be sure to EAT, EAT, EAT.

Good luck.

I have to say, I've seen some decent results after only 3 months on the Cakes workout.

pillaka
02-03-2007, 11:07 AM
End of 2004 I started to weight lift pretty seriously, I was tired of going to the gym for months and months prior, taking advice from other people and not getting results. So I started to do a little of my own research for a mass gaining workout. Worked out 3 days a week, mon, wed, and fri. Mon was chest/triceps/abs, wed was legs/lower back, fri was biceps/ upper back. Tried to keep the workouts under an hour because your body starts to break down muscles for energy for any longer workout. Also I focuses on compound workouts. In a 3 month period I went from 160 lbs to 175lbs, body fat went from 14% to 8%. I did absolutely no cardio. Then of course I crashed on VIR N the following nov in '04, and sprained my back muscles, so I lost everything I gained!

Most of the workouts with weights were 6 sets. First two reps would be a warmup. I'll use the bench presse as my example. I would just start with the barbell to get the blood flowing. After that I would start to add weight.

1st & 2nd sets, no weight warmup. 15 reps

3rd set, add weight, 12 - 15 easy reps.

4th set, add more weight, 8 - 10 reps.

5th set, even more weight, 4 - 6 reps to failure.

6th set, enough weight to do 1 - 2 reps to failure.

In between each rep, I would take a 3 min break. I also focused on the negative repetition, I would take about a second to push up the barbell, but slowly lower it back down to my chest counting slowly to 3. You obviously can't lift as much weight like this, but it's actually the negative rep that really works your muscles.

Immediatly after the 6th set I would switch back to the weight done in the 3rd set and lift till muscular failure. Then switch to dumbell flys just to eek out a little more from the muscles. It really burned every time and I would be sore for a good 4 - 5 days afterwords.

You also gotta be strict with your diet, on workout days, and non workout days you gotta consume a certain amount of protein, carbs, and calories to provide your body with what it needs to rebuild. Don't remember exactly how to calc it out off the top of my head right now. Also rest is a big factor, gotta get 8 hrs of sleep per day.

High_Revs_17
02-03-2007, 12:38 PM
And be sure to EAT, EAT, EAT, CAKE, CAKE, CAKE!

:lol:

Cakes206
02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
I was tired of going to the gym for months and months prior, taking advice from other people and not getting results.
What kind of people? Did they at least look like they knew what they were talking about? :lol: In all seriousness, most people who offer workout/diet tips, shouldn't.

Mon was chest/triceps/abs, wed was legs/lower back, fri was biceps/ upper back.
No Delts?

Tried to keep the workouts under an hour because your body starts to break down muscles for energy for any longer workout.
No way will this happen that quick with a proper diet.

In a 3 month period I went from 160 lbs to 175lbs, body fat went from 14% to 8%.
How did you calculate BMI? At 8% B/F you're about 2-3 weeks away from stepping on stage.

Vin
02-03-2007, 05:31 PM
6 Sets? OMFG

Kennedy
02-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I do 4 to 5 sets. But 6 sets is ALOT.

Vin
02-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Ok, here's my deal.

My heaviest (out of shape) was 240lbs in 1998. My trimmest is now at 198, current day. I am a newly-diagnosed Type 2 diabetic (stress-induced as per physician, not diet-related), so I need to take special precautions when using BB supplements. I no longer use protein shakes as rigorously as I had.

My routine is my own special mix that has worked for ME. I don't know or think it would work for anyone else, but it could be a starting point. I am not a personal trainer, so I take no responsibility for the actions resulting from any advice you may or may not choose to follow.

The sets I do are never more than 12 reps, never less than 4. If I can only do four on a max set, then I will stop and do another 4 after I rest. I do not take more than 90 seconds break between sets. I do not bring a cell-phone with me in the gym. I am not in the gym to fraternize with the Gotti wanna-bes or check out the shallow Staten Island bitches. I do not deal with bullshit. I go, I lift heavy, I go the hell home.

If I feel I fucked up a set, I DO IT AGAIN, CORRECTLY. I do not pussyfoot around my weights. I try to eat as cleanly as possible. Proper lifting form is important and vital to longevity in the gym.

A lot of the gym is mental. Attack the weights. If you don't want to go, GO. A bad day in the gym is sometimes better than sitting on your ass saying "Man, I should have gone to the gym." Of course, if you're sick or ill, that's a different story.

If you want to put on CLEAN size, watch your diet. It is a major factor in how you grow. Feed yourself to put on size, watch what you feed yourself to ensure the size is clean. You're a young guy with a TON of potential, Chris. You got a lot in your favor.

My split usually is as follows:
Day 1 -- Back -- My favorite!

Close-grip chinups (warm-up) x 10
Close-grip chinups (warm-up) x 10
Wide-grip chinups + 45lbs weight belt to failure
Wide-grip chinups + 45lbs weight belt to failure
Wide-grip chinups (bodyweight) to failure
Single-arm Dumbbell rows (4 sets @ 10-8 reps each) Max around 100lbs now
T-Bar rows (4 sets @ 8-6 reps) Max: 3plates
Deadlifts -or- rack pulls (4 sets @ 8-6 reps) Max: 315lbs
Close-grip pull-downs (3 sets @ 8-6 reps) Max: 260lbs
To work the lats hard, I do an exercise where I'm kneeling before a pulley, pulling the triceps rope down towards my stomach while keeping my body upright. Light weight (<100lbs) will work well.

Day 2 -- Chest

Fascia stretching for 5 minutes
Incline BB press Max: 275
Flat DB press (Hammer Strength works too) Max: 110lbs (if I use hammer strength, it's 4 plates each side)
Weighted Dips -or- Decline Hammer Strength Dips - bodyweight+45lbs or 3plates DHS
Supinated DB flies Max: 40lbs

Day 3 -- Off/Cardio/Legs (when my knees are up to it)
Cardio: Running/Walking/Biking/Excessive masturbation/etc
Squats, calf raises, leg ext, curls

Day 4 -- Shoulders

DB shoulder press Max: 90lbs ea.
Lateral DB raise Max: 40lbs ea.
Vertical BB raise Max: 105lbs
I will then superset machine military press + machine lateral raise, and triple dropset
Reverse pec-deck Max: 230lbs
Shrugs Max: varies too much, depending on if my shoulder hurts

Day 5 -- Biceps/Triceps -- this part of my routine needs work

BB curl Max: 145lbs
Hammer strength preacher curl Max: 135lbs
DB Hammer curls Max: 60lbs ea.
Incline DB curls Max: 40lbs ea. -- OUCH
Close-grip Smith Press Max: 225lbs
Skullcrushers Max: 90lbs
Rope pull-down Max: 150lbs -- no need to go heavy
Dips

Day 6 -- Recovery

Recover from excessive masturbation on day 3. :(

Day 7 -- Start at Day 1

Cakes206
02-04-2007, 09:24 AM
I do 4 to 5 sets. But 6 sets is ALOT.
5 is alot too.

Kennedy
02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Depends on the body part, some days if I don't hit 5 sets for a certain body part it feels like it has no effect....sometimes you have to shock your muscles to grow past where they already have been built up to.

Cakes206
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Depends on the body part, some days if I don't hit 5 sets for a certain body part it feels like it has no effect.
Up your intensity earlier.
sometimes you have to shock your muscles to grow past where they already have been built up to.
Like by grabbing an electric fence? One of the best ways to getting past a plateau point is to take a week off from the gym. Rest your body, continue to eat clean. Your first day back in the gym you'll be like, holy crap. There is only so much the human body can endure in a certain period of time, for those who are natural these times are shorter. Muscle growth comes from rest and eating, not when you're actually working out which is just one of the phases.

ZeRo_C0oL
02-05-2007, 01:41 AM
I used to be in very good shape and always active, and did a lot of weight lifting... now I've been sitting at a desk for a few years and have kind of let myself go, unfortunately, with the excuse that I don't have time anymore. Fuck that! I don't like what I've become. I've probably spent $30 in body building magazines over the last week or so (and other mens fitness mags) studying and sort of mentally preparing to put myself through hell to get back to where I want to be. I know it's not going to be quick, nor will it be easy, but the long term result will be worth it.

I know this is off topic, but I need some motivation!

Vin
02-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I used to be in very good shape and always active, and did a lot of weight lifting... now I've been sitting at a desk for a few years and have kind of let myself go, unfortunately, with the excuse that I don't have time anymore. Fuck that! I don't like what I've become. I've probably spent $30 in body building magazines over the last week or so (and other mens fitness mags) studying and sort of mentally preparing to put myself through hell to get back to where I want to be. I know it's not going to be quick, nor will it be easy, but the long term result will be worth it.

I know this is off topic, but I need some motivation!

How's this for motivation:
Either sit at your desk and be a fat bastard, or stop being lazy and get to the gym (or even try walking). America is a fat, lazy country. Don't add to the statistic.

jcblitz
02-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Here's my fitness routine: http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/

Vin
02-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Here's my fitness routine: http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-sports-experiment-results/

WarioWare FTW!

Rev
02-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I bet your right hand has some insane grip.

Insane isn't the word..

After my accident it's difficult for me. My wrist doesn't bend all the way and I'm an asshole for not exercising it like I should. I have started my weight training again and it seriously sux in comparison to what I used to do. I'm like doing not even a quarter of the weight. It's actually depressing....Vin and other weight lifters you can just imagine the stress in not being able to do your old routine work out. I have to adjust everything now. My stance, posture, all the minor things...I'm gonna be a trooper though and not complain and cry...I think I'm gonna take some before and after pictures..although before pics yall may cry and laugh at the same time.. :moocow:

Ant
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Ok, here's my deal.

Cardio: Running/Walking/Biking/Excessive masturbation/etc

Does the masturbation really work? That might be why I'm not leaning out as much. :(

Vin
02-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Vin and other weight lifters you can just imagine the stress in not being able to do your old routine work out.

I go two days off and I'm having a nervous breakdown; I swear I can see myself shrinking in the mirror (I then realize I got out of a cold shower).

I DO feel for you, bro. That's gotta suck, but stick to it.

Kennedy
02-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Had a nice back work out today

Wide Grip Pull Ups = 53

Lat Pull Downs Behind the head
12x120 10 x 130 8 x 140

B/O Barbell Rows
15 x 95 15 x 115 12 x 135

Cable Rows
12 x 130 12 x 140 10 x 150

Close Grip Pull Downs

12 x 100 10 x 100 10 x 110

Wasn't feeling to hot after that so I bounced early and didn't do Cardio or triceps like I was supposed to

AfricanBootyScratcher
02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Thankfully, I've already got a super sexy bod, even though I am lazy!

Kennedy
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Today was leg day....basically I needed a wheelchair to get to my car......

5 Minute Jog Warmup

Squats
12 x 95(warmup)....... 15 x 135 ......... 12 x 225 .......... 6 x 315

Leg Press
12 x 180 ........ 12 x 225 .......... 12 x 270

Leg Extensions

12 x 85 ....... 12 x 100 ......... 12 x 105 DS*(dropset) ......... 6 x 70

Calves
Seated Calf Raises
12 x 45 .......... 12 x 90 ............ 12 x 70

Standing Calf Raises

12 x 60 ............ 12x 80 .............. 12 x 60

Donkey Calf Raises

12 x 160 ......... 12 x 200 .......... 12 x 220 .......... 8 x 240

This workout went from 3:50 - 5:10

Jay
02-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I have been known to pick up a weight every now and then....

Kennedy
02-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Yea I dont know about that........jk Nice lat spread

Ant
03-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I have been known to pick up a weight every now and then....

So post up your routine.

Jay
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
So post up your routine.

Well you want my workout split? Diet? Supplement regimen?

My split is nothing special. Classic at best.

Mon. Back/Bi's/Calves
Tues. Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Weds. Off
Thurs. Quads/Hams/Calves
Fri. Off (i have work at night)
Sat. Chest/Tris/Abs

My new split will soon be

Mon. Back/Traps/Calves
Tues. Shoulders/Tris/Abs
Weds. off
Thurs. Quads/Hams/Calves
Fri. off
Sat. Chest/bi's/abs

Pick a day from my current split and i'll tell you what i do for that workout.

Also...workouts, supplementation will do you NO GOOD without proper diet.

Rev
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Yep, Diet's the key. I'm need to start loading on protien. I just started my routine again since the accident. I've gained 30 lbs and i'm nothing but a fat slob now. Need to go shopping for some supplements, I've found that online is always the cheapest.

Where do you guys get your supplements from (no need to mention the horse pills). GNC? Online (post the link if online)?

Jay
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
www.netrition.com

its like 1 day to your door. Great prices too. I buy all my OTC supps there.

Ant
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Well you want my workout split? Diet? Supplement regimen?

My split is nothing special. Classic at best.

Mon. Back/Bi's/Calves
Tues. Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Weds. Off
Thurs. Quads/Hams/Calves
Fri. Off (i have work at night)
Sat. Chest/Tris/Abs

My new split will soon be

Mon. Back/Traps/Calves
Tues. Shoulders/Tris/Abs
Weds. off
Thurs. Quads/Hams/Calves
Fri. off
Sat. Chest/bi's/abs

Pick a day from my current split and i'll tell you what i do for that workout.

Right now I'm basically on your new split. I struggle with Back so what do you do for that?

Jay
03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Right now I'm basically on your new split. I struggle with Back so what do you do for that?

Three elements: Back width (lats), back thickness (middle back), lower back.

I do deadlifts every other week. Learn to do them. This week i did (non-deadlist week)

Lat Pulldowns (width)
100x15 Warm Up
150x12
200x10
225x8

Bicep Exercise

Bicep Exercise

Dumbbell Rows (thickness/lower) *these will take alot out of you*
100x12 Warm Up
125x10
150x8

Cable Seated Rows (close grip thickness/lower)
250x10
300x8

Bicep Exercise

Dumbbell Pullover (width) *this is a great exercise*
100x12
125x10
140x8

Calves

Learn to do deadlifts!!! they are an all time great mass builder. Learn to do them properly and they will take you a long way.

Most ppl have problems with width exercises. On exercises like pull downs: Learn to pinch your shoulder blades together at the contraction point of the movement and get a good stretch at the hang.

I suggest before doin pulldowns you master chin ups first.

I go into much greater detail with my back such as lower lat exercises, movements targeting thickness specifically...however, this should do for now.

Kennedy
03-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Like Jay Said the most basic exercises for back are......

Deadlifts (be careful, go very very light until you get the form correct otherwise you won't be doing ANY back exercises AT ALL.)

B/O Rows (Dumbell and Barbell work two different parts of your back)

Pulldowns

I usually start my back workout with wide grip pull ups. I do as many as I can until I get a total of 50 for reps. If I really want to burn out my lats I will do 3 sets of light weight high rep lat pulldowns.

Jay....have you ever considered instead of doing a Back/Bi Chest/Tri split you do the opposite to let your muscles rest and work the priority principle?

eg. Back/tris Chest/bi's

After my chest work out my tris are usually shot and I cannot even fathom doing any type of pressing movement esp. focusing on the tris.....

soda7o
03-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Lat Pulldowns (width)
100x15 Warm Up
150x12
200x10
225x8

Bicep Exercise

Bicep Exercise

Dumbbell Rows (thickness/lower) *these will take alot out of you*
100x12 Warm Up
125x10
150x8

Cable Seated Rows (close grip thickness/lower)
250x10
300x8

Bicep Exercise

Dumbbell Pullover (width) *this is a great exercise*
100x12
125x10
140x8

wow i do liek 100 to 120 ffo rmy max...

Cakes206
03-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Jey, did you ever do that show way back when?

eg. Back/tris Chest/bi's
IMHO, back is to big a muscle group to mix with another body part...if anything I recommend back/hamstrings, since hyper extensions and stiff legged dead lifts work the hamis.

Jay
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Jey, did you ever do that show way back when?

IMHO, back is to big a muscle group to mix with another body part...if anything I recommend back/hamstrings, since hyper extensions and stiff legged dead lifts work the hamis.

Nope! Glad i didn't either. I wasn't ready. I have been on 5iu's of HGH daily for the past 8 months. I am currently 238 lbs. about 11-12% 21 weeks out.

I also agree with Joe here.

Try this.

Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Back/Bi's/Traps

Quads/Hams/Calves

3-day split right there

Kennedy
03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I also agree with Joe here.

Try this.

Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Back/Bi's/Traps

Quads/Hams/Calves

3-day split right there

Well how are you agreeing with him when he stated that back should be done ALONE....?

My current split is

Chest/Bi's
Quads
Shoulders/Traps
Back/Tri's
Hamstrings/Calves

I find it nice that my triceps aren't dead after doing a chest workout then knowing Im really not pushing them as hard as I can since they already are exhausted when you move from chest then to tricep exercises or vice versa back then bi's.

P.S. Im all natural :)

Jay are you experiencing any joint paint or bloating with the HGH? Did you run out of places to stick that thing yet ;)

Ant
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Ok I tried some bent over barbell rows tonight. I think like 4 sets. 8 or 10 reps with 2 10's on each side. I also did lat pulldowns, close grip seated rows and the reverse peck deck. I swear no matter what I do, I just don't get the "pump" or soreness in my back. I'm gonna try deadlifts next week but I need to work on form since I"ve never done them before. Sigh.

Cakes206
03-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Jay are you experiencing any joint paint or bloating with the HGH? Did you run out of places to stick that thing yet ;)
HGH is subcutaneous. Basically just pick a few spots and rotate around.

:D

Kennedy
03-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Ok I tried some bent over barbell rows tonight. I think like 4 sets. 8 or 10 reps with 2 10's on each side. I also did lat pulldowns, close grip seated rows and the reverse peck deck. I swear no matter what I do, I just don't get the "pump" or soreness in my back. I'm gonna try deadlifts next week but I need to work on form since I"ve never done them before. Sigh.

Ant it is pretty rare that I get a huge pump in my back unless Im doing light weight of very very strict form movements.
Ant your form on deadlifts should look like this....straight back...not bent or else you WILL injure yourself

http://www.eigenkracht.nl/media/files/deadlift-s.jpg

Notice his back stays stiff!!!!!

http://www.athlete365.com/images/cmimages/barbell_deadlift32OJF-1172005-8316.jpg

And my favorite bodybuilder.....Franco Columbu

http://www.zegatao.muscle.nom.br/legends/foto106.jpg

Kennedy
03-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Here are some b/o rows of my favorite.....

http://www.schwarzenegger.it/mro/columbu/fc218.jpg

Ant
03-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Thanks Kennedy. I consulted my Arnold Book as well just to confirm. Seems like it would be a pretty good leg workout too.

Ant
03-02-2007, 07:49 AM
HGH is subcutaneous. Basically just pick a few spots and rotate around.

:D

HGH is cute? :wtf: :lol: I've never seen that word before.

Cakes206
03-02-2007, 08:00 AM
HGH is cute? :wtf: :lol: I've never seen that word before.
LOL, it means it's injected in the skin tissue, not intramuscular. Just stick to race gas :LOL:

Ant
03-02-2007, 10:04 AM
LOL, it means it's injected in the skin tissue, not intramuscular. Just stick to race gas :LOL:

Is that stuff expensive/dangerous? And do you HAVE to inject it?

Cakes206
03-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Is that stuff expensive/dangerous? And do you HAVE to inject it?
Bloody hell, I had a long ass explanation typed out and I closed the window by accident :banghead:

Ant
03-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Bloody hell, I had a long ass explanation typed out and I closed the window by accident :banghead:

So type it again. Remember, you ain't tryin' if you ain't cheatin. lol

Just remember though, I'm cheap and deathly afraid of needles.

Cakes206
03-02-2007, 12:17 PM
So type it again. Remember, you ain't tryin' if you ain't cheatin. lol

Just remember though, I'm cheap and deathly afraid of needles.

LOL, then no, it's not for you. You can buy almost 2 sets of tires for the cost on a kit of HGH, and yes it gets injected...subcutaneous...you're not gonna rub a pill on your stomach :lol:

Kennedy
03-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Yea you also aren't competing so it isn't worth it.

Rev
03-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Yea you also aren't competing so it isn't worth it.

+1 Don't go too crazy on the roids if your not gonna compete. I'm gonna do au natrual again for now...we'll see what happends in a year or 2 =p

Jay
03-02-2007, 02:19 PM
I occasionally get a little joint pain. Nothing major. Some stiff fingers in the morning. Sometimes i get an ache in my left knee. Other then that...no complaints.

It really is amazing stuff, i will say that!

Kennedy
03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
How many weeks are you into on it? They say most people won't see gains until the 15-20th week.

Cakes206
03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
How many weeks are you into on it? They say most people won't see gains until the 15-20th week.
No way, within 3 weeks. We used to do 25 iu's every other day. Then again, what gains you see and how fast all depends on where you're at when you start.

Jay
03-02-2007, 02:33 PM

I've been on it for 8 months.

Cakes206
03-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I've been on it for 8 months.
Strait?

shadoxkila
03-02-2007, 02:39 PM
HGH is so bad for your body its ridiculous... normal juice is no where near as bad as that shit

Jay
03-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Strait?

Yup. 5 on 2 off. 5 iu each day. T3 for 2 weeks every 4 weeks.

HGH is so bad for your body its ridiculous... normal juice is no where near as bad as that shit

No offense or anything bro, but you have no clue what you are talking about.

Growth hormone is actually good for your body.

Ant
03-02-2007, 02:42 PM
http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html

This is a great article. Not necessarily for Body building but informative nonetheless.

Cakes206
03-02-2007, 02:42 PM
HGH is so bad for your body its ridiculous...
The old stuff in the 80's and earlier yea, taken from the pituitary gland of cadavers. Now its mostly synthetic. Its the "fountain of youth" for old people. Also given to people with aids to keep their mass.

shadoxkila
03-02-2007, 02:46 PM
i know that now a days its better off then the old shit but, your not supposed to open your growth plates once they are closed.... theres a difference between building muscle and actually growing, ex your feet, head, hands, everything... thats why you get joint pain, its the same as "growing pains" when your young.... only thing is your body is supposed to be done growing at that point

Jay
03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
The old stuff in the 80's and earlier yea, taken from the pituitary gland of cadavers. Now its mostly synthetic.

indeed THAT stuff was. Cause basically a "human mad-cow" disease.

Also anything thats 192aa sequence as opposed to 191aa sequence.

I have never used anything but 191aa. I have only used Jino's and Hygetropin which is made by a scientist who left GenSci (company that makes Jino's).

Fitropin is 192aa and so are Kefei (blue top) generics. They cause your body to build an "immunity", if you will...to exogenous (external) and endogenous (your body's own) HGH.

Jay
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
i know that now a days its better off then the old shit but, your not supposed to open your growth plates once they are closed.... theres a difference between building muscle and actually growing, ex your feet, head, hands, everything... thats why you get joint pain, its the same as "growing pains" when your young.... only thing is your body is supposed to be done growing at that point

Your growth plates are sealed. Occasionally you'll get a rare case where someone has an unsealed growth plate. I believe its in your shoulder. This is VERY rare though. Growth hormone production slows down from the age of 23-25 on (was recently found to happen younger than we thought).

It doesn't cause anything to grow. You could grow an extra few feet of intestine, or an elongated jaw and forehead but the amounts needed to do this are retarded. I am taking 5 iu ed...i would need to take probably 10-15iu maybe even 20 iu daily for this to happen.

HGH builds muscle through many mechanisms. Effect on protein synthesis, insulin response, among others. Too much in detail for me to want to get into right now.

Cakes206
03-02-2007, 02:52 PM
your not supposed to open your growth plates once they are closed....
Once they're closed, they're closed(from what I understand.) Which is why hgh is given to kids during adolescence who are really short for their age, their plates are still open so it'll give them a growth spurt. Once the plates are shut, the actual growth spurt won't happen. Otherwise I'd be 8-4:lol: I grew up with a neighborhood friend who had it when he was like 12 or some shit. The old pituitary glad derived hgh is what cause protruding. Look at Arnold.

shadoxkila
03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
i personally just think HGH is an all around bad idea, but i guess in moderation like anything else its OK. I personally am against juice too, but basically now a days you ain't cool unless your popin something

Jay
03-02-2007, 03:01 PM
i personally just think HGH is an all around bad idea, but i guess in moderation like anything else its OK. I personally am against juice too, but basically now a days you ain't cool unless your popin something

Actually HGH is a GOOD idea. Alot of doctors prescribe it to themselves. It has alot of beneficial sides. Helps restore blood levels (liver enzymes, kidney functions), clears up your skin, helps burn fat.

Just no one can afford it. Its so damn expensive. Even with this new generic stuff out now.

What annoys me are these douche bag clown kids who run around thinking they are big. they live to: 1) go to the gym and work nothing but bi's, tris', delts, and chest 2) hit the club in there two size too small D&G t-shirt 3) drink their faces off and cause problems

that really annoys me...severely

Jay
03-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh we refer to them as Dbol and Deca clowns. why?

thats all they ever run...

Ant
03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
What annoys me are these douche bag clown kids who run around thinking they are big. they live to: 1) go to the gym and work nothing but bi's, tris', delts, and chest 2) hit the club in there two size too small D&G t-shirt 3) drink their faces off and cause problems

I thought that was you?

:lol:

Kennedy
03-02-2007, 04:16 PM
So from what I've read here....being 19 and having my growth plates still open I can take some HGH and get some height that im lacking?

Jay
03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
So from what I've read here....being 19 and having my growth plates still open I can take some HGH and get some height that im lacking?

Your growth plates are most likely 99% sealed even at that age. Don't even THINK about touching any type of AAS until you are 23-25.

Kennedy
03-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Wasn't planning on touching anything...yet....just doing my research and reading.

Had a nasty ass back workout today....

Started with Wide Grip Pull Ups x 30 reps. total. 10,10,10

T/Bar Rows

12 x 2 plates 12 x 3 plates 12 x 4 plates 7 x 5 plates with a Drop Set to 6 x 3 plates drop set to 2 plates x 6

B/0 row type machine

12 x 45 12 x 70 10 x 80

Close Grip Pull Downs

12 x 120 12 x 130 10 x 140 DS* 7 x 100 DS* 10 x 70

Hyperextensions

Ant
03-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Ok, had a good back day yesterday. I did Dead lifts for the 1st time. They really take a lot of energy out of you but they seem pretty good so I will keep them in my work out. I skipped the reverse peck deck though.

5 Pull ups

5 sets of 8 on Lat pulldown thing. 100-120-140-140-160

4 sets of 8 seated close grip cable row 120-140-160-180

4 sets of 8 dumbbell rows. 50-60-70-70

3 sets of 8 deadlift 85-85-115

Prob. have to go heavier on the deadlifts next time but I just wanted to get a feel for them.

Kennedy
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Looks good.....You only did 5 Pull ups of 5 sets of pull ups?

Ant
03-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Looks good.....You only did 5 Pull ups of 5 sets of pull ups?

I only did 5. I got an exertion type headache last week and pull ups exasberate that so I just did a few to see what happens. It seemed ok but I'd rather work back into it instead of giving myself a headache again.

Usually I do 3 sets of 5ish.

Vin
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
On a side note, Metformin seems to work as a cutter for me. :(

PS -- Well, hellllo there, Jay. ;)

Rev
03-09-2007, 02:05 PM

That's funny but so true man. I knew this kid who just did bi's and traps like 3 times a week with no break. Breaks would include doing some chest..and only part on the back was his lats. Before going out he always did bi set's and then throw on his wife beater and walk with his arms puffed out...I mean you cant tell if you can't put your shoulder's down cuz their too ACTUALLY big or those who try to puff their shoulder's out to look bigger then they are....lol

soda7o
03-09-2007, 02:34 PM

i know peopel jsut liek that.. i hate them.. i go to the gym with them liek 4 times a week and every time s its
me: lets do legs
them: no chest
me: lets do back
them: no chest or arms
me: lets do cardio or jog
them: no chest or arms..
you get my drift

Kennedy
04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/FOXYMAMMAS666/RearLatSpread1.jpg

10 months training.

Jay please do not Embarrass me thanks ;)

P.S. you avatar is sick. Nice work!

Cakes206
04-12-2007, 06:15 AM
Pick your head up.
Elbows up and out.
Hands up on top of your waist.

And put some cloths on for Christ's sake :LOL:

Ant
04-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I like your clothes rack in the background! lol

Looking good man.

Jay
04-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Pick your head up.
Elbows up and out.
Hands up on top of your waist.

And put some cloths on for Christ's sake :LOL:

Yup!

I am guilty of not doing #1.

Also sit back on your lower back as well. when you sit back in that pose, and you are really lean, you will get the "christmas tree" in the lower back to come out.

Cakes206
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Also sit back on your lower back as well. when you sit back in that pose, and you are really lean, you will get the "christmas tree" in the lower back to come out.
Kinda wanna sit on the back of your leg, bring the ham and calf out too.

Jay
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Kinda wanna sit on the back of your leg, bring the ham and calf out too.

Yeah i am having a HELL of a time getting my hams to pop. Then again i am still 11 weeks out though.

They are dropping down on the sweep, just on my rear lat and rear dbl bi i can't get them to pop. Pissing me off. Plus i can't get my damn legs to tan either.

soda7o
04-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah i am having a HELL of a time getting my hams to pop. Then again i am still 11 weeks out though.

They are dropping down on the sweep, just on my rear lat and rear dbl bi i can't get them to pop. Pissing me off. Plus i can't get my damn legs to tan either.

you pale ass bastad!

Cakes206
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM

Its really just a matter of getting all your weight on the back leg and hold it. I used to help coach with posing with all at Body Works, need any pointers let me know. I got a few tricks up ma sleeve to help "fool the judges."
Stock up on Jantana.

Kennedy
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Anyone good with Diets? Trying to make a lean muscle mass type diet to bulk for 2 months or so if I made a thread....would anyone respond?

I've got my diet planned for the day along with macros my BMR and my Maintance Caloric Intake + more. Just need critiques and even redoing from pros....

PSYCHO1000R
04-12-2007, 11:41 PM
this shits tooo complicated!! its so much easier being fat!! the only numbers you have to remember are the combo numbers at mcdonalds!

this is why its so hard for me to get back into it. its confusing...reading all this totally confuses me and UN motivates me. Im just going 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, lifting 2 body parts a day in the morning, then i go back to the gym after work and do cardio at night 5 days a week. ( 45 min, on tread mill , or elip[tical) and i try to eat normally.( no mcd. alot of brown rice, tuna, chicken, yogurt, fruit veg....) I know i wont get big, but at least i'll get in better shape, i hope, lol.

Kennedy
04-12-2007, 11:59 PM
this shits tooo complicated!! its so much easier being fat!! the only numbers you have to remember are the combo numbers at mcdonalds!

this is why its so hard for me to get back into it. its confusing...reading all this totally confuses me and UN motivates me. Im just going 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, lifting 2 body parts a day in the morning, then i go back to the gym after work and do cardio at night 5 days a week. ( 45 min, on tread mill , or elip[tical) and i try to eat normally.( no mcd. alot of brown rice, tuna, chicken, yogurt, fruit veg....) I know i wont get big, but at least i'll get in better shape, i hope, lol.

\

Eh its not that complicated, as long as you eat healthy you'll be fine!
Im young and stupid and im trying to do stupid things I'll probably regret later...you're already past that stage no worries :roflmao:

PSYCHO1000R
04-13-2007, 08:16 AM
\

Eh its not that complicated, as long as you eat healthy you'll be fine!
Im young and stupid and im trying to do stupid things I'll probably regret later...you're already past that stage no worries :roflmao:

nah, im old and stupid so were in hte same boat. :doh:

Ant
04-13-2007, 09:24 AM

Dude, that sounds pretty good right there!

PSYCHO1000R
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Dude, that sounds pretty good right there!

yeh but my prblem is that i only know a few work outs and i go alone and dont like asking people for help or advice.. so i need some sort of work out roiutine. i just do the basics. IE, dumbell curls, bench press, squat.... i dont know what you guys are tlaking about when u discuss doing certain workouts. i guess i should just go out and get some kind of " working out for dummies " book :LOL:

Ant
04-15-2007, 09:45 PM
What's a good brand to go with for Whey Protein? The isolate seems to be the best so a brand that has that I would think.

Kennedy
04-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Whey protein is whey protein, there is no best brand as far as I can tell, none that will give you crazy gains...only ones that mixe well....right now I'm trying out MRI Pro Nos from GNC, bought a little bag to test...next is Optimum Nutrition Whey....

GIX750
04-16-2007, 10:03 AM
i'm currently using optimum nutriton, it's considerably inexpensive, has a good amount of protein per serving, (the scoops are smaller and will last longer). and the taste and consitency is actually pretty good. i've tried TwinLab,Muscle Milk, and Tinlab, so far i lile ON the best. I also recently started takin nitric oxide before my workouts and it works great. I started dieting and wokring out the first week of january. i'm currently 5'6 170 lbs, when i started i was approx. 185. Although my diet is boring to say the least it works. I'm a lot more cut then when i started. I currently go 5 days a week.

Kennedy
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
i'm currently using optimum nutriton, it's considerably inexpensive, has a good amount of protein per serving, (the scoops are smaller and will last longer). and the taste and consitency is actually pretty good. i've tried TwinLab,Muscle Milk, and Tinlab, so far i lile ON the best. I also recently started takin nitric oxide before my workouts and it works great. I started dieting and wokring out the first week of january. i'm currently 5'6 170 lbs, when i started i was approx. 185. Although my diet is boring to say the least it works. I'm a lot more cut then when i started. I currently go 5 days a week.

I also use ON pretty good best so far for me.

GIX750
06-01-2007, 07:44 PM
well it's been a while since i posted that up there, i'm currently around 165 depending on the day, still lovin the ON and MHP TRAC NO, just started MHP micronized creatine as well mixed with the NO pre workout. i'm seein a lot of gains. i figure i'll see my 6 pack poke through in about 2 months. and also www.dpsnutrition.com has anything you can ask for at great prices and turn around is within a day or two

Kennedy
06-02-2007, 11:18 AM
well it's been a while since i posted that up there, i'm currently around 165 depending on the day, still lovin the ON and MHP TRAC NO, just started MHP micronized creatine as well mixed with the NO pre workout. i'm seein a lot of gains. i figure i'll see my 6 pack poke through in about 2 months. and also www.dpsnutrition.com has anything you can ask for at great prices and turn around is within a day or two

Im around 168-170 on a normal day, how tall are you?
I just started a CEE creatine as well. I currently supplement glutamine and arginine along with a multi vitamin.

Kennedy
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey bump.....any pictures from that show cakes and ant went to of Jay?

Here are some progress pics......

January 07

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/FOXYMAMMAS666/RearLatSpread2-1.jpg

June 07

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/FOXYMAMMAS666/fgfgfg-1-1.jpg
\
\\

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/FOXYMAMMAS666/PheePheeMuscles-1.jpg

Kennedy
10-01-2007, 02:47 PM
repost

Cakes206
10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Put some cloths on will ya. Nope, no pics...I've even tried calling Jay to see how he was doing...PM to...haven't heard back :huh:

Kennedy
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Put some cloths on will ya. Nope, no pics...I've even tried calling Jay to see how he was doing...PM to...haven't heard back :huh:

Odd anybody else been in contact with him?

causef0rconcern
12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I know how you guys do at the gym...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aVaFwHNoxdE

Kennedy
12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
God damn I knew that tape of me would get out.

causef0rconcern
12-12-2007, 03:48 PM
God damn I knew that tape of me would get out.

On the bright side, you looked today like you lost some weight since that video was recorded!

Smokes35
12-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I like that wainescoating on the wall kennedy... top knotch