PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hour Deal in Philly-This Friday

Shelly
01-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I won a Happy Hour deal at McFadden's in Philly for Friday-02/02/07!

---No cover
---$2 house drinks and domestic beers
---1/2 price Appetizers

She told me that technically specials are only from 8-10pm but we should be able to get away with getting discounts prior to 8pm. woohoo!

Just give them my name at the door and they'll give you a wristband.

Info. below:

McFadden's
461 North 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Phone: 215.928.0630

Web Site Link and Directions (http://www.mcfaddensphilly.com/directions.php)

See you there ;) :cheers:
~Shelly

jcblitz
01-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Congrats...but it's a scam. Well not so much a scam, but it's a ploy to get you and your friends to come in and drink under the guise you've won something special. They're still making money while giving you those discounts, but are really hoping you stick around after the special so they can hit you with the regular prices. You'll see other "winners" there that night too. I bet you signed up for some type of list or signed your name on something while out at a bar one night. $20 says one of your friends you were with that night got or will be getting a similar prize.

jcblitz
01-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Just for the record, I didn't want to rain on your parade. But I had a friend who got the same prize and made a huge deal out of it like she won this VIP party. So about 15 of us went down to this bar expecting something special and it was just a bullshit ploy to get us down there. She felt like such an asshole, but that's how it was presented to her so I don't fault her at all. I finally got the inside info out of one of the waitresses after she tried getting me to sign that list I was talking about and called her on the scam.

Shelly
01-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Scam? Ok, so they want to attract customers to their establishment....I'm not going to complain about getting discount stuff for no reason even if it's not a free vacation or something...lol...espec. when it comes to alcohol, some grub and gettin' together w/ some peeps that I may (or may not) already know....what's to lose ya know?

Don't have to ask me twice to have fun hanging out with some of the people I'll be riding with....tks...good to know though JC. :)

jcblitz
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I call anything that a business does that isn't 100% clear on purpose a scam. But I agree, getting drunk for 1/2 price is alway a win win.

Ant
01-31-2007, 11:54 AM
I had a friend who won something similar too. There was like 2 hours of cheap beer. I think I made my money's worth in those 2 hours.

liquiddevil2000
02-01-2007, 11:41 AM
too far for me anyways!!!

Shelly
02-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, been meaning to hit that place but just haven't had the chance....:( eh, maybe tonite; we'll see. oh wait, calling for shitty weather...maybe next week.

Long valley brew pub.. 2 dollar pints every thursday. And when chris is working....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Rev
02-01-2007, 04:49 PM
FREE COVER...woo hoo..i'm so there =p..