PDA

View Full Version : anyone enlisted?

nj01f4i
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
im thinking about joining the us air force. and becoming a security forces apprentice.

anyone on here enlisted and have any advice for me?
im almost positive ill be signing up by the end of the summer, its something ive wanted to do for awhile now and i think its just about time for me to take that step

(no hippies with your "war is bad" speeches)

jcblitz
01-02-2007, 10:45 PM
So you want to help free the iraqi people or make this a career? And how old are you?

High_Revs_17
01-02-2007, 10:53 PM
If anyone's to join a branch of the services that one's it, you'll be treated like royalty 24/7 compared to the others...good luck!

Tonupboy
01-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah, Air Force is the place to be if you're joining the military - or the Navy...

Rock712
01-02-2007, 11:15 PM
shoot me a pm.....

nj01f4i
01-03-2007, 02:05 AM
i will be 20 on the 16th
i would like to make it a career. id like to work with dogs and a position in the security forces would allow me to do that.

like i said earlier its something ive wanted to do for a long time.
both of my grandfathers served one was a green beret in the belgian special forces, my other grandfather didnt like to talk about it all i know is he somehow has a very original nazi calvery sword that he left to me (no he was not in the german army)

Kennedy
01-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Why not join the PD and become a K9 unit?

mullerjd
01-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah, AF is definitely the way to go, I did 13 years active and now I'm full time Guard. You won't have any trouble getting the SF job, it's always short on people. You will be doing a LOT of front gate duty to start and then guaranteed desert time once you are qualified.

sonny
01-03-2007, 11:45 AM
You a high school graduate with no criminal history? The Air Force is real picky. They dont let just anyone in.. you're gonna have it earn it!

nj01f4i
01-03-2007, 07:23 PM
yea no criminal history , yes highschool graduate.

im going to go talk to a recruiting officer at a recruiting station near me and find out as much as i can about the SF.

nhfirefighter13
01-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Any of the Military Police positions will set you up quite nicely for a career in Law Enforcement when you get out if that's what you want to do. The Air Force Basic Training is the shortest of the bunch (or at least it used to be...haven't looked in a while) and should be no problem. They make you exercise and do a lot of yelling. If you can handle that you'll be fine.

Take the ASVAB and see what you qualify for. You never know, you might have opportunities available to you that you were never even aware of.

nj01f4i
01-04-2007, 12:45 AM
ive already taken the asvab .i was once interested in joining the army only took the test tho.
im not exactley sure what i scored but i know i qualified for pretty much everything and all the bonuses and all that good stuff.

i would love to make the military a career and especially law enforcement and i know any military branch looks supreme on a resume.

i checked the air force website and basic is only 6 weeks.
compared to the army's 9 weeks (i could be wrong about the exact number)

Retom7
01-04-2007, 03:46 AM
Well, if you do decide to go in, good luck. Many people make fun of the Air Force, but whatever it is you want to do, good luck with it and you have my blessings for serving the country. I'm on and off with the military, so far as I want to enlist but just don't really have the nerve to take that kind of leap. I have a feeling if my life continues this sort of dead end feeling of not making it ahead and not really doing anything with my life, I'll finally do it and go in. I'm looking at the Army if I do go in. Knowing what you want to do is your best bet, that way you know what steps you have to take before going into it.

Keep your head up, be safe, and keep one eye open. I wouldn't sweat basic anyway, I've never heard one person tell me that they couldn't do it. From what I hear, so long as you show you're giving 100% they don't ride your ass like full metal jacket style.

soda7o
01-04-2007, 01:57 PM
i would go if they let me fly a plane...:)

Cakes206
01-04-2007, 03:49 PM
i would go if they let me fly a plane...:)
Only if the instruments were:
Ufll Thortetl
Fule
Au otP il to
Ladnign g eRa

soda7o
01-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Only if the instruments were:
Ufll Thortetl
Fule
Au otP il to
Ladnign g eRa

LOL yeah ...actually i am a big fan of pictures.. maybe if they had illustrations instea dof names ... now that woudl be cool