PDA

View Full Version : Question for NJ people...

Retom7
12-27-2006, 03:53 AM
I was looking into getting some new wheels to replace the nasty flat black Honda stockers. I just hate the flat black, it looks like crap IMO. I figured I would look into powdercoating at the same time since it would probably be cheaper. I found a place in Stockholm, NJ that is running a sale right now for $75 a wheel ($90 regular price). Pictures of their work on another forum look fantastic. I was wondering if anyone knows this place?

Since its not too far from my house, I would reap the benefits of cutting shipping costs by driving it down and picking it up myself, but figured I would check to see if there were any customers down that way.

**Feel free to move this post, I only placed it here since it's a local thing**

CBRBob
12-27-2006, 08:12 AM
I thought $75 was the going price. Dunno about that place but make sure to talk to them, see how many they have done, look at some of their work. Remember you should remove the bearings and put new ones in when you get them back. There are a lot of new colors and finishes available in the last few years so see what they can do. You could end up with something really cool!!

Retom7
12-27-2006, 08:45 AM
They have a list of colors on the website, some nice stuff. They said they can get other colors for $15 that aren't in their current list. I'm not sure what else would really go with Orange and Black, but I'm going to play with photoshop I guess.

I don't really have any good powdercoating places up my way that I know about. There's one, but they are far from affordable, for whatever reason. Probably why they get no business.

Cakes206
12-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Another way to spice up stock black rims is to get the lips polished keeping the center spoke area black. Its a little more to upkeep(especially if they get wet) because its exposed now, but still looks good.

Rock712
12-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Flat black it great...you never have to clean them!!!!

Rev
12-27-2006, 06:10 PM

Just like a BMW...They look like dirt with or with out it.... =p

PitsVtec
12-27-2006, 07:35 PM
A kid on this site does powdercoating....his name is joey aka rolling suicide...ask him..

Rock712
12-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Just like a BWM...They look like dirt with or with out it.... =p

ITS BMW YOU DOLT!!!!!!!!

oh i haven't seen you out riding.....what's the matter too cold for snookie pooie ummms

PitsVtec
12-27-2006, 11:54 PM
ITS BMW YOU DOLT!!!!!!!!

oh i haven't seen you out riding.....what's the matter too cold for snookie pooie ummms

Don't be jealous 9 finger!:nopity:

Retom7
12-27-2006, 11:55 PM

I like flat black in certain situations... like my buddies bike which is all flat... but as far as stock, I think they look like crap. I don't mind cleaning my bike.

I was thinking about doing orange for the front wheel and gloss black for the rear. I have to play around with photoshop a little bit.

I'd love to do a candy blue and then paint my bike like the 07 special edition CBR1000RR's

Retom7
12-28-2006, 12:05 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/metalscorpio/DSC05572.jpg

Rock712
12-28-2006, 12:13 AM
My wheels clean are "Citrus" but after 8k miles they become flat black.....

Retom7
12-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Ahh, I get the BMW joke then...

so, the bikes are just as bad as the cars? I hate BMW owners who buy this $40k car and refuse to clean the brake dust off the wheels.

CBRBob
12-28-2006, 08:52 AM
LOL!

Rev
12-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Ahh, I get the BMW joke then...

so, the bikes are just as bad as the cars? I hate BMW owners who buy this $40k car and refuse to clean the brake dust off the wheels.

Yeah you'll get to learn who rides what on this board. Everyone's personalities also. You said your from upstate NY right? How far are you from Suffern.

Anyway If I get my rims done i'm doing candy apple red. I have a black RR. I think that would just look seggsy..

Retom7
12-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah you'll get to learn who rides what on this board. Everyone's personalities also. You said your from upstate NY right? How far are you from Suffern.

Anyway If I get my rims done i'm doing candy apple red. I have a black RR. I think that would just look seggsy..

Red on black is one of my favorite combos... which is one reason I love the Raven black Yamaha's... that red ring just looks great on it.

I'm not far from Suffern... depending on traffic. About an hour in clear conditions, hour and a half in traffic. I'm in Hyde Park, just north of Poughkeepsie. Takes me about 30 minutes to get to 84, then it's just zipping onto the thruway. Made great time getting to the D&B meet.

Just wondering what people will think when I get myself the Norton I've always wanted :roflmao:

AfricanBootyScratcher
12-29-2006, 02:23 AM
I put a reflective pinstripe on my GSXR rims, even though it added tons of unsprung weight and probably made me slower, I think it makes it look cool! I had to replace the brake rotor bolts with titanium ones to try to make up for the additional weight though.
:D

Retom7
12-30-2006, 06:12 PM
I put a reflective pinstripe on my GSXR rims, even though it added tons of unsprung weight and probably made me slower, I think it makes it look cool! I had to replace the brake rotor bolts with titanium ones to try to make up for the additional weight though.
:D

Lol... I think I'm just going to wait until I need new tires to get this mod done so I don't have to spend any extra money getting them taken off and put back on.

Your reflective stripe, was it the multi-section curves that they sell? I have been wondering how hard it is to get those to line up.