Iam not retyping all of it again so here you go :LOL:

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178898

Tom

Cakes206
07-19-2005, 11:38 PM
copy/paste feature not workin again?

njf4i
07-20-2005, 08:11 AM
Nice story tom. But it means notihing without pics.

Here is the copy and paste function at its best:

Summit point

Well heres how things went down, first I didnt crash, die or break anything

I wasnt able to book the hotel jimmy recommended so I found an alternative, now it turns out a friend of mine (Zeos and becca) lives 2 minutes from the hotel I was at and offered to put me up so I checked out of the hotel in the morning

On to the tracks, I met up with ralph and a whole bunch of the gssc guys so I had people to pit with and hang out with. Ralph took me on a few laps around the track so I could see the lines. Jefferson is a small technical track but I had a lot of fun on there, kept dragging my boot through turn 1 ( have to work on my body position etc) all I need to work on is getting a good line through that double right and I will be good to go. ( I think I did something on summit main that I can use there but will have to wait till next time )

Now summit main is crazy fast, Ralph took me out again and when I saw that concrete patch on turn 1 I said fucking wonderful this will be in my head all day it took me a while to get confident through thtem and even hit the brakes a few times in turn 5 I got better with them in the later sessions and was ok making the transitions through them in full lean. So by mmy 3rd and 4th sessions I started feeling prety good and even dragged my boot again in turn 1 My last 2 good sessions I got stuck behind a guy on an 04 r1 now this guy would seriously drop anchor at the tighter turns ( and his brake light was on ) but had too much power on the straights for me, I thought about trying to out brake him into turn 1 but I am still leary running into a turn like that comming down from 130 + and this guy was a little unpredictable. He had good form and shredded pucks but took crummy lines and though tabout taking him inside a few times where I could if I had him at pocono east of jefferson I would have easily took him since I could come out of the turns faster he was. Plus a coach wanted me to follow him and I couldnt get past the r1 and about 3 other bikes passed me and got sruck behind him too so I was getting alittle annoyed

All that was before lunch With the heat I was planning on doing 2 sessions and calling it a day, first session I was able to get out on my own and thought I was turning some good laps till 3 guys pased me on the straight but then my fuel light went on so I pitted out. Next session I saw a guest coach on a real nice RS 250 and we made eye contact so I figured I would work with him we got to about turn 5 and the skies opened up on us so most of us pitted out and I called it a day right there.

A guy apparently on tssb took art basic yesterday and was going prety fast but was a little dangerous as per Bill. He was lookin gto get bumped up already and decided to stay out in the rain and wound up crashing, damage didnt look too bad and didnt see the rider so I am not sure aqbout his condition.

Anyway this is already getting long so I will hit the submit button now

Tom

Tom

tommymac
07-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Pics are up on CF I am not sure what size I can post here and was too lazy to figure it out :LOL:

Tom