PDA

View Full Version : sliders

acronut
12-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey guys I had an awesome time ridin all day Saturday untill I got back and saw one of my sliders missing. I had installed the Lockhart Phillips carbon fiber ones on my 1000RR a few weeks before. Shame on me for not useing locktite!!! Anybody know if I'll be able to buy just one new barrel or if I've got to buy the whole deal again brackets and all. That was a good way to ruin a great day. Damn things wern't cheap.

shadoxkila
12-18-2006, 03:54 PM
look on ebay....otherwise i doubt you'll be able to find just one

sonny
12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
carbon fiber sucks in accidents.

CBRBob
12-18-2006, 08:39 PM
carbon fiber sucks in accidents.

It's just a sleeve around the slider but they cut the slider down to fit it. Het Intuitive, they work, no fancy BS.

P.S. there is no way in hell you should use Loctite on a slider bolt, you use a torque wrench. Remember, it's a MOTOR MOUNT bolt!!!!!

High_Revs_17
12-19-2006, 12:33 AM
I thought the title meant these...

http://www.ideaphotos.com/Ted-Drews/White%20Castle-Cheese-Burger.jpg

Retom7
12-19-2006, 01:07 AM
I thought the title meant these...

http://www.ideaphotos.com/Ted-Drews/White%20Castle-Cheese-Burger.jpg

Damn, god bless America. I grew up on those things but NY completely lacks fast food originality. I was thinking about stopping for some on the way home from the Palisades, but wasn't hungry enough I guess. White Castle... one of the few good parts of NJ :roflmao:

acronut
12-19-2006, 01:37 AM
I did use a torque wrench. The motor mount wrench that holds the bracket on is fine it's the bolt from the slider into the bracket that fell out. These are no cut sliders so there is an offset bracket from the motor mount. locktite wouldn't hurt anything.

CBRBob
12-19-2006, 05:17 AM
locktite wouldn't hurt anything.

Ohhhhh, no cut sliders. Right, loctite won't hurt anything, the bracket will. It will bed over and snap or bend the frame with it. See that too many times at the track. No-cut sliders suck, sorry.

Cakes206
12-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Ohhhhh, no cut sliders. Right, loctite won't hurt anything, the bracket will. It will bed over and snap or bend the frame with it. See that too many times at the track. No-cut sliders suck, sorry.
Usually yea, probably more times than not. I had the no cut sliders and got lucky with my low side on the gix...its all in the nature of the fall I s'pose...but yea I do agree that more times than not it'll end up causing more damage to the motor mount.

acronut
12-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Damn that sucks!!! Didn't think about that. Now I don't know what to do. I guess if I put the bikie down that hard and it bends the mount good old State Farm can buy me a new bike. If I just drop it in the driveway or something stupid like that I'll probably be ok and save the scratches on the fairings. what to do what to do ??????

Mike295
12-19-2006, 03:30 PM
sliders suck... they suck and suck some more. I dont recomend them at all. even though i have them on my bike theystill suck ass i regret having them. they suck ass. every time every time every fuckin time the bolt bends and causes mmore dammage then if there was no slider fuck sliders they all suck cock

RCM78
12-19-2006, 05:11 PM
sliders suck... they suck and suck some more. I dont recomend them at all. even though i have them on my bike theystill suck ass i regret having them. they suck ass. every time every time every fuckin time the bolt bends and causes mmore dammage then if there was no slider fuck sliders they all suck cock

I disgree, If I didnt have sliders on my R1 when it went down the bike would've been a mess. Instead all I had to replace were the frame sliders, bar end sliders, spool sliders, & clucth lever.

CBRBob
12-19-2006, 11:22 PM
rangers suck... they suck and suck some more. I dont recomend them at all. even though i have them on my bike theystill suck ass i regret having them. they suck ass. every time every time every fuckin time the bolt bends and causes mmore dammage then if there was no rangers fuck rangers they all suck cock

I agree:moocow:

shadoxkila
12-20-2006, 04:36 AM

hey i don't know about that, the last time i went down the slider basically prevented nearly all damage......however, no cut sliders extremely suck...i've seen guys fall and the dam things snap right off....what the fuck good it that? basiclaly a waste of 70 bucks or whatever they cost you

Mike295
12-20-2006, 10:13 AM
bob i got nuttin for you...

i guess i am the unlucky bastard who has the bolts bend every time... go figuer.

Roberts
12-21-2006, 01:36 AM
bob i got nuttin for you...

i guess i am the unlucky bastard who has the bolts bend every time... go figuer.just curious, what kind of sliders & what kinda bike; i forgot.

Mike295
12-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I had vortex sliders on both a 01 gsxsr 600 and 00 750.... and on a 05 636 the gixxer was worse becasue it stripped the threads in the motor mount. the 636 aint bad becasue its a bolt and nut so nothing got stripped.

Roberts
12-21-2006, 11:09 AM
I had vortex sliders on both a 01 gsxsr 600 and 00 750.... and on a 05 636 the gixxer was worse becasue it stripped the threads in the motor mount. the 636 aint bad becasue its a bolt and nut so nothing got stripped.Next time try Woodcraft. They have a rounded end & no hole in the center.
All the other ones dig into the ground the whole time they slide, the Woodcraft have nothing to bite into the ground.

Personally, I don't care for anything Votex. Their craftsmanship & materials used seem of low quality.

gixxermedic
12-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Anyone ever use or crashtest the Powers race rails? I just picked up a set to put on the track bike. After hearing all the slider horror stories, wondering if these are worth it if/when I go down.