PDA

View Full Version : RC51 lowside..

DougZ
07-18-2005, 07:34 PM
here is a pic I just saw on another site. I swear, RC51's are cursed on the track.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/CapitaineCarpet/20050716%20-%20Mecaglisse%20M4E/DSCF0220crop.jpg

Kawibabe
07-18-2005, 10:02 PM
You have the during and end result pics?

DougZ
07-19-2005, 08:38 AM
You have the during and end result pics?

Nope, sorry, that pic was borrowed from another site and that is all there was.

Barbi
07-19-2005, 09:08 AM
DAMN, don't show those things......

guess I'm not going to the track next month!

DougZ
07-19-2005, 09:10 AM
DAMN, don't show those things......

guess I'm not going to the track next month!

Ahhh, dont't let me spook you...just use a lot of throttle control, and don't roll on it too hard before you get the bike straightened up, and that shouldn't happen.

Turbo50Mike
07-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Must be a track newbie - Lights, signals not taped up, and mirrors still on the bike. Probably has street tires with 38psi of air in them, too. D'oh!!

MJB

duc748pilot
07-19-2005, 09:32 AM
ummm.....what are you talking about rc51's are cursed on the track?

ps: props to the camera man. thats a incredible shot

DougZ
07-19-2005, 09:33 AM
ummm.....what are you talking about rc51's are cursed on the track?

ps: props to the camera man. thats a incredible shot

I have heard of six different people crashing them..just seems like a lot to me, oh track master. :)

duc748pilot
07-19-2005, 09:38 AM
I have heard of six different people crashing them..just seems like a lot to me, oh track master. :)

rofl...def no master. they are one of the most solid bikes out there chassis and suspension wise. theyre just big and lacking of the big I4's power. god i want one :omg:

DougZ
07-19-2005, 09:41 AM
rofl...def no master. they are one of the most solid bikes out there chassis and suspension wise. theyre just big and lacking of the big I4's power. god i want one :omg:

Yeah, but they have a boat load of torque, and , from what I hear..albeit heresay, that is what does it to the rider. Too much throttle coming out of turns, causing tire spin, and low sides.

duc748pilot
07-19-2005, 09:42 AM
yea....the thing is like a diesel engine.....the power starts at like 2 grand. lol

Barbi
07-19-2005, 10:00 AM
yea....the thing is like a diesel engine.....the power starts at like 2 grand. lol

2???? HA!

DougZ
07-19-2005, 10:02 AM

The power of the "V" baby.

Barbi
07-19-2005, 10:02 AM
hahaha a girls best friend! ;)

DougZ
07-19-2005, 10:05 AM
hahaha a girls best friend! ;)

The rumble of a V-twin at a certain RPM is known to produce a frequency, speciific enough to elicit an orgasm from female riders. LOL ;)

Barbi
07-19-2005, 10:06 AM
The rumble of a V-twin at a certain RPM is known to produce a frequency, speciific enough to elicit an orgasm from female riders. LOL ;)
you're telling me this as if I didn't already know!

:nod2: been ridin MY twin since September '04

DougZ
07-19-2005, 10:12 AM
you're telling me this as if I didn't already know!

:nod2: been ridin MY twin since September '04

Poor husband.

Husband: " Babe, you wanna fool around tonight?"

Barb: " Not tonight, I have a head-ache...I'm gonna go for a ride"

Husband: " I knew I should never have let her get the bike!"

:) :) :) :)

Barbi
07-19-2005, 10:32 AM
did you tap my bedroom?!??!

:LOL:

Kawibabe
07-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Must be a track newbie - Lights, signals not taped up, and mirrors still on the bike. Probably has street tires with 38psi of air in them, too. D'oh!!

MJB

Very true....

Cakes206
07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Probly runnin coolant too...someones day was runied.

Qetesh
07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Could have possibly been someone testing the bike. A lot of magazines (Cycle World, Sport Rider, etc.) will rent a track and let their journalists have a go on the new bikes so they have something to write about.

Either way, the RC51 is definatly NOT a cursed bike on the track. You should look to the rider for that.

I heard once that the Telefonica was the most cursed bike. Cakes, do you remember who said that?

DougZ
07-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Could have possibly been someone testing the bike. A lot of magazines (Cycle World, Sport Rider, etc.) will rent a track and let their journalists have a go on the new bikes so they have something to write about.

Either way, the RC51 is definatly NOT a cursed bike on the track. You should look to the rider for that.

I heard once that the Telefonica was the most cursed bike. Cakes, do you remember who said that?

It was a track day rider...friend of a friend of a SVR member.

Qetesh
07-19-2005, 08:36 PM
It was a track day rider...friend of a friend of a SVR member.

No shit???

I wanna know what club he was doing his trackday with so I can stay the hell away from them :wow: :lol:

DougZ
07-19-2005, 08:38 PM
No shit???

I wanna know what club he was doing his trackday with so I can stay the hell away from them :wow: :lol:

Yeah, someone else said that in the thread too:

http://forum.svrider.com/viewtopic.php?t=43131&highlight=rc51

Let me know if you have trouble seeing it.

Qetesh
07-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah, someone else said that in the thread too:

http://forum.svrider.com/viewtopic.php?t=43131&highlight=rc51

Let me know if you have trouble seeing it.

No problem seeing the thread.

I just think it's crazy that ANY trackday organization wouldn't enforce that riders remove and tape equipment :nuts:

Glad that the rider was okay and able to continue riding the rest of the day.

DougZ
07-19-2005, 08:45 PM
No problem seeing the thread.

I just think it's crazy that ANY trackday organization wouldn't enforce that riders remove and tape equipment :nuts:

Glad that the rider was okay and able to continue riding the rest of the day.

Yeah, OK, glad you could see it. I thought it was a cool pic to post here though.

Qetesh
07-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah, OK, glad you could see it. I thought it was a cool pic to post here though.

Definatly a very cool pic Doug-E-Fresh ;) Also a good reminder to those of us on what NOT to do while we're on the track :lol:

RacerGSX
08-03-2005, 04:25 PM
:LOL: I swear all last year and this year the most bike I have seen go down at the track is the RC51, and to think I almost bought one instead of my Gixxer.

RCM78
08-03-2005, 09:20 PM
What a noob... I could've saved that no problem!!! :nod2:

Onedwn5up
08-26-2005, 02:09 PM
That's not a low side. He's just backin' it in. Or maybe he though he was dirt tracking.

I have an RC51 and the bike is very competent but it comes back to the rider. I started doing my track days on the RC several years ago and I love it. Even though these days, it does feel down on power (at 130 hp lol) but it is still a blast to ride. Throttle control is importatnt with any bike. My guess though by looking at the picture, is he shifted to 1st gear instead of staying in second. The spacing is so tall between gears that it is very easy to do with the stock gearing setup. He downshifted and went to turnin at the same time and it elicited a slide like you see. It almost looks intentional though is the funny part.

I also have a lady friend that owns an RC and she LOVES it and has admitted several times that she really gets off on the power and rumble of the bike. Literally. A f'ing Men.

High_Revs_17
08-26-2005, 02:17 PM
That is an incredible shot. I thought it was mandatory to tape up the lenses?

Qetesh
08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
That is an incredible shot. I thought it was mandatory to tape up the lenses?

All clubs and organizations have different rules when it comes to track prepping your scoot.

With TPM it's a requirement to remove mirrors and tape up all glass and plastics like signals and brake lights ;)

I wouldn't ride with any club that didn't enforce these rules.

Smokes35
08-26-2005, 02:38 PM
should have stayed on the throttle... maybe, just maybe, u could have just done one incredible U-turn!? :D

question of the day-- my lowside happened so fast i wasnt sure what the hell to think-- all i remember is, im turning-- the bikes missing-- im tumbling down the track-- intitate body part inventory--

now i know what a kick ball feels like right before u punt it into outer-space. Glad your ok, sweet picture!