PDA

View Full Version : FS/POSSIBLY FT: 2003 1.8T GTI - Roanoke, VA

ZeRo_C0oL
11-25-2006, 01:00 PM
FOR SALE: 2003 1.8T GTI

I never thought I would do this, but it looks like I'm going to be parting with my beloved GTI in the near future, and I wanted to offer to you guys first. The car has roughly 43,000 miles on it as of today, and a lot of them were highway miles driving on trips and to various events. Other than that, it's been a daily driver for the majority of the time I've owned it, and I've owned it since it was brand new. I'm the original owner. I bought it new in March of 2004, and now I'm planning on getting a new truck so that I can carry my new passion in life (my motorcycles) with me where ever I go. I'm bowing out of the scene gracefully by selling my own personal car, but I won't be going anywhere. I'd like to eventually get back into mk1's or mk2's somewhere down the road, but right now my main focus is getting a reliable truck or SUV, and enjoying my Kawasaki's.

The car itself is SILVERSTONE, and yes, it's an incredible color. It's a 5-speed car, has the sport package with the 17" Long Beach wheels, the cold weather/luxury package with the heated black leather, heated mirrors, power windows, power moonroof, Monsoon stereo system, power locks, etc. This has every option available for the 1.8T GTI. I've retained all of the stock parts that came off of the car with the exception of anything that had to do with the transmission. Rather than rebuilding the OE transmission, I had a brand new one built at 20k miles. At the time, money wasn't as much of a problem as it is now, and with labor included, I spent $5200 total on the transmission and labor. Then, luckily, I sold the stock transmission and got a little bit of the money back. Regardless, it was done right, and it cost an arm and a leg.

I've gone through a lot of tires due to nails and other standard road hazards, and unfortunately the car does have two different tires on it right now because I was low on money and had to replace a front tire on a thin wallet. I wanted both fronts to match so at least there were two matching sets of tires on the car. The fronts right now have Kuhmo Ecsta's on them, and the rears have the old Fuzion ZRI's on them. The fronts were put on last week, and are absolutely fresh. I actually think they're really great tires, especially for the price!

I've had the oil changed with Mobil1 fully synthetic oil since day 1, every 3500-4000 miles (always tried to stick around 3500 miles and had the oil changed if I could make it)... and had the engine flushed during every oil change. I'm very anal about maitenence.

I have a friend who is trying to swap his Flik's for my stock Long Beach's, so if you'd like some silver 18" wheels and tires on the car upon purchase, I can arrange that to happen. I will include all of the stock parts with the sale of the car, but obviously the stock wheels and tires will not go with it if you request the Flik's on the car upon time of sale.

I'm writing this entirely off of the top of my head right now, but if you have any questions, PLEASE... feel free to ask! I will update if I think of anything else I may have left out.

The mods are as follows:

35% window tint
JOM aluminum stubby antenna
Monster floor mats - - all weather rubber mats
VDO boost/vaccuum gauge (red)
Peloquin LSD
3.94 gears
VR6/g60 clutch/flywheel combination
REVO 4-bar software
GHL CAI
Wicked Tuning 3" turbo-back exhaust
Forge 007 dv
MHW smoked fender signals
42DD smoked lower signals
ECS Tuning polyurethane mount kit (uninstalled)

http://members.cox.net/adamlyon2/gti/DSC00436.JPG

http://members.aol.com/hondae4ter/gti.jpg

Asking price was $14,000 but I'm entertaining your best reasonable offers. I would potentially part some of the things out within reason, and will remove anything from the car that you don't want on it if/when you buy it. I just replaced the passenger side axle!

My asking price is now $13,000 - - the rear bumper has a few small knicks around the license plate and a small crease from where I was rear ended by a hit and run drunk driver at a low speed. I'll sell the car as is for $13,750 or will have it fixed and ready for you if I get $13,500 with a small deposit. It's strictly cosmetic. I filed a police report but the police are not helping. (It does need a new rear bumper, which I'm willing to eat part of the cost on. I reported it to the insurance company but it will count as a comprehensive claim and cost me a $200 deductible since it was a hit and run, and I think that's absurd.

I have a 5th Long Beach wheel that will go along with it too. It was given to me by a friend who runs a small shop and it was laying around. It does have some rash, but it would be a great extra wheel "just in case"

The pictures of the damage are as follows:

http://members.cox.net/adamlyon2/gti4sale/pics/damage001.JPG

http://members.cox.net/adamlyon2/gti4sale/pics/damage002.JPG

http://members.cox.net/adamlyon2/gti4sale/pics/damage003.JPG

Got 3 pictures before the camera died. As you can see, the damage isn't as bad as it sounds.. but I'm really anal about things like that and it's driving me crazy, but I can't afford to fix it out of pocket right now unless I have a deposit and the car tentatively sold.

BTW, pardon the dirty car.. It needs a bath.

Summary: Would love to get $14,000 ... bumper was damaged by drunken idiot--will sell fixed for $13,500, or will sell for $13,000 -OBO- AS IS! I will definitely consider reasonable offers, but I found an older Blazer I'm trying to get my hands on. My insurance is outrageous, and I don't want a car payment anymore.

ZeRo_C0oL
11-25-2006, 01:24 PM
I need this gone fast! I'm going out on a limb and asking $12,500 to make it move fast!

CBRBob
11-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Wow, the price drops $500 every half hour! Can't wait till tonight! :)

ZeRo_C0oL
11-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Wow, the price drops $500 every half hour! Can't wait till tonight! :)

:D

I know, I know. It's been for sale on several other forums and I've had a lot of people interested but apparently no one has the means to get a loan or come up with cash. I just copied and pasted the other ad, for the most part, and am offering a $500 reduction in the price to get this thing moving so I can get this Blazer.

CBRBob
11-25-2006, 02:05 PM
If you are just towing a single bike (or 2) with an open trailer, you don't need a big truck. You can pull it with the VW. With a mid sized enclosed trailer (5x8, 6-12) you can used a small/mid sized pickup as well.

sonny
11-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Why in the hell was the transmission replaced at 20,000 miles?

Somebody cant drive..

ZeRo_C0oL
11-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Why in the hell was the transmission replaced at 20,000 miles?

Somebody cant drive..

Somebody can't drive? lol.. I would appreciate it if you keep the nonsense out of my classified thread. We all know what happens when you assume things.

The OE transmission was faulty. It broke during a typical in town drive on my lunch break at work. Was not beating on it, driving it hard, etc. Did not miss a gear, did not launch the car, etc.

The transmission did not necessarily have to be replaced. It could have been rebuilt, but I chose to replace it, and do several upgrades along the way. That's what I do!

ZeRo_C0oL
11-25-2006, 04:44 PM
If you are just towing a single bike (or 2) with an open trailer, you don't need a big truck. You can pull it with the VW. With a mid sized enclosed trailer (5x8, 6-12) you can used a small/mid sized pickup as well.

I know I don't have to have a big truck to tow the bike with.. and that I could tow with my GTI, but the fact of the matter is that this is a chapter of my life that I would like to close and chalk it up as a learning experience. The car is quick! I've had my share of speeding tickets, and I'm paying for it with my insurance now. I really don't want that temptation anymore The boost gauge taunts me. :p

High_Revs_17
11-25-2006, 05:00 PM
What was faulty in the tranny?