PDA

View Full Version : Calabogie

CBRBob
11-11-2006, 11:10 AM
VIDEO!!! (http://www.teampromotion.com/media/calabogie.wmv)

Cakes206
11-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Not sure if I like that wall round the :35 mark :panic2:

CBRBob
11-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Yea, we all saw that the 1st time and :wtf: but it's inside the turn, you have to go back to it purposely. It was never a problem.

Cakes206
11-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Yea, we all saw that the 1st time and :wtf: but it's inside the turn, you have to go back to it purposely. It was never a problem.
Not the inside of the left turn part, the shoot...Glen is way left setting up for the right hand turn, very easy to come up on an unpredictable rider and they take your line, your SOL.

High_Revs_17
11-11-2006, 06:52 PM
"Hair And Makeup" (credits) :lol:

yetidave
11-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Not the inside of the left turn part, the shoot...Glen is way left setting up for the right hand turn, very easy to come up on an unpredictable rider and they take your line, your SOL.

My thoughts exactly. I still can't wait to ride that track.

Cakes206
11-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I still can't wait to ride that track.
Me either :lol:

Ant
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
The layout looks fantastic but that track looks extremely unsafe for motorcycles. I would even go so far as to say worse then Mosport.

CBRBob
11-13-2006, 05:09 PM
There are some issues and believe me, they are working to alleviate them. Most all will be gone by the spring! As far as the wall goes, unless you are a total idiot, no one will be going near it. :nod2:

NYCSTRIPES
11-13-2006, 06:32 PM
I watched the video on TPM again today, seems to be lots of ARMCO around tha place with very little in the way of runoff in more than a few spots. What's under those black covers in the outsides of the majority of the turns? Tires?
I would love to run the course, but I was suprised to see to much armored barrier around the facility.
I thought those days were coming to an end.
Ken

CBRBob
11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
I ran this track in some rain and then in the dry, wide open, seriously, there is very little to worry about. For those of you who have ridden Shenandoah and like it, this is NOTHING like that. I drove that track and don't want to ride it. Then again, don't go there, it will fill with plenty of people who like it and leave more room for me :) I would liken the runoff of this track to most spots at VIR. There could be more in some places but then again, we aren't a true MOTO GP continent, are we?

NYCSTRIPES
11-13-2006, 07:20 PM
That's more of what I wanted to hear, and encouraging. I want to do more road trips next season and Canada is someplace I would like to get to for track dates.

Thanks for the input
Ken

Cakes206
11-14-2006, 12:01 AM
unless you are a total idiot
[/pause]...Ok nevermind :lol:

lateapex
11-14-2006, 10:20 AM
I rode this track along with CBRBob and the Arrmco, tire walls and are in the places that are needed, most times it protecting you from going into large bolders or serious drop offs or woods. On the video it seems like it close to track but your line takes you away from most of the guard rails and walls. The only bad area I see was on the exit of Temptation, but if you take the turn correctly it not a problem.