PDA

View Full Version : TPM,NESBA but who else???

rxspd
11-06-2006, 06:40 PM
What are some other good groups to ride with other then the popular TPM and NESBA maybe some that ride tracks through the winter (in warmer states of course) I posted this on another thread by mistake lol hopefully ill get twice the answers now

Qetesh
11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
What are some other good groups to ride with other then the popular TPM and NESBA maybe some that ride tracks through the winter (in warmer states of course) I posted this on another thread by mistake lol hopefully ill get twice the answers now

Please stop double posting.

www.google.com should be some help too.

IrocRob
11-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Look here:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/guide/detail/?guide=2&guidecode=schools

NYCSTRIPES
11-06-2006, 11:10 PM
It might help to research the tracks that you are willing to drive to and check their schedule. The schedule will show which track clubs are going there and when.
Asking which track clubs to ride with is too general a question.
Ken

CBRBob
11-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Please stop double posting.

www.google.com should be some help too.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/cowbellpost.jpg

FigNewTon
11-07-2006, 10:55 AM
http://sportbiketracktime.com/

rxspd
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
The double post was a MISTAKE sorry for F'in your day up....:) Thanx for those of you that had constructive replies to my post. Does anyone run with the other groups ???

NYCSTRIPES
11-07-2006, 09:39 PM
I am considering doing some dates with NESBA next year to ride at some other tracks that I cannot with TPM because of schedule differences or tracks that TPM does not offer.
This year I did the most days I have since I began three seasons ago. I had a great time and I am looking forward to going more often next season.
The dates at Barber with STT are attractive, but the Mother's Day weekend dates are an issue.
Ken

Cakes206
11-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Once I did day with NESBA 3 years ago...ONCE.

CBRBob
11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Once I did day with NESBA 3 years ago...ONCE.

You can say the same for me, though it was like 6 or 7 years ago LOL!

NYCSTRIPES
11-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Ok, spill it guys. Why was NESBA so bad? I have only ridden with TPM.
thanks
Ken

RCM78
11-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I've ridden with NESBA a few times. No real problems with the org. Just felt weird not knowing anyone...

I'll be going back to Barber next season. Dont have much of a choice do I??

NYCSTRIPES
11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Well Ralph, that was my main reason for considering them in the first place. I was keeping an eye out for the possible dates to go to Barber or Road Atlanta. Getting access to alternate tracks/dates that accomodate my schedule.
Thanks for the input
Ken

Cakes206
11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
thanks
Ken
For me personally, the club was a bit arrogant, conceited so to speak. If you're not in the "click" you're just a # and a $ sign. You're not allowed to pass the control riders unless they wave you by(talk about killing your drive, not sure if this is true for all groups.) This was 3 years ago so I don't know if things have changed. From the first 5-10 minutes of the riders meeting with TPM I knew I found a "home" so to speak.

NYCSTRIPES
11-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Fair enough, that would have definitely cramped my style a little, thanks for the reply. If I attend a day or two next season I will be asking about that stuff before hand.
Ken

Mike295
11-08-2006, 09:52 AM
I've ridden with NESBA a few times. No real problems with the org. Just felt weird not knowing anyone...

I'll be going back to Barber next season. Dont have much of a choice do I??

felt dirty like you where cheating :lol:

RCM78
11-08-2006, 06:02 PM
felt dirty like you where cheating :lol:

Everybody needs a little strange once in a while!!!

CBRBob
11-08-2006, 08:01 PM
thanks
Ken

I started with Nesbo in the A group, I rode in it all morning on my F2, easily passing most of the field. After lunch I get black flagged. They don't like my FIM/AMA approved Kevlar suit. They tell me I can ride in the I group. I ask the club director if they think I am going to ride any slower in the I group than I would in the A group. He said that is the rule. I asked if I can pass without a wave, he said no. OK, dosen't make sense to me, but it's not my playground. 1st session out in I group, I come up next to a control rider on the back straight, it's the director. I pull RIGHT next to him and elbow him, give him a look. He double takes, waves me by and I rode the rest of the day not giving a shit about the wave by. Either they were told to let me go, or none of them could keep up to stop me as I was on a mission :lickit:

CBRBob
11-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Everybody needs a little strange once in a while!!!

You should know Ralph, just tech bikes at a FUSA day. Talk about STRANGE:nod2: