PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyed my first real "road ride" since 5/05

High_Revs_17
10-28-2006, 06:54 PM
A good friend is heading to serve in Iraq for a year and a half and he asked me to watch his bike for him while he's gone. The insurance and registration will be current till he gets back, all he asks is if I choose to ride it to keep up on the maintenance which I'd be more than happy to do.

Up to this point I was just taking small rides around parking lots and up and down dead end streets on anyone's bike that would offer just so I can curb that angst I'd get every once in a while, I swear I'm addicted to riding. But now that my new health insurance coverage is 100% I took my first real ride on Rt.521 recently, which happens to be a few minutes away from where the bike's being stored.

Riding on the road was a whole new experience to riding at 25 mph in a parking lot or back street. Being he and I are about the same weight his suspension was dialed in good for me and the bike was just a blast to ride. I had no fear at all, after getting warmed up I opened it up in 2nd on a straightaway and when the front started to get a bit light on the tach's way up to the red I decided to take it easy in 3rd and 4th and just enjoy the ride the rest of the way. I know those D&D's sound like ass when you're behind them but it sounded pretty damn good while I was on it, made the hair stand up on the back of my neck, that was by far the best therapy I could've ever gotten.

This pic was shot when he took the bike out of storage for the beginning of the '06 season, it's a '02 with only 8,000 miles on it.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/HighRevs17/mer6-1.jpg

southjersey636
10-28-2006, 07:27 PM
lol good to see you enjoyed getting back out there ridin. I actually took my bike out for a bit today as the temps rose up to the mid-high 60's down here in south jersey.

SAXON117
10-29-2006, 11:46 AM
welcome back to the road

Fuzy_GSXR1000
12-15-2006, 04:46 AM
Good to see you back in the saddle again...isn't that a Aerosmith song?? Ok you know what the next question is??? and you you can ride her Ron your one of the elite few I solemly trust my friend!!!!! so lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:ride:

FigNewTon
12-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Good to see you back out there Ron. Take it slow and ride safe.

Mack
12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
oh god ron's back on a bike......I'm waiting for the weather report next....good to see ya on a bike again ron.....I'll have to make a trip out this summer so we can hit up some roads

Cakes206
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Don't forget the Claritin.

High_Revs_17
12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Don't forget the Claritin.

Did he?

katanapilot
12-25-2006, 09:48 PM
where da pics...