PDA

View Full Version : VIR N. 11/13

yetidave
10-12-2006, 07:54 AM
TPM's last event of the season. Anyone going? I'll be there on the new bike trying not to kill myself.

Qetesh
10-12-2006, 07:56 AM
And what new bike would that be?

ffejtable
10-12-2006, 07:58 AM
I'd love to go, but I cant justify the drive for 1 trackday, on a workday...

Chris
10-12-2006, 08:03 AM
No matter how you look at it,vir is wearth the drive.Dave are you going alone?I may be looking for someone to share a ride.

tommymac
10-12-2006, 08:42 AM
I will be heading down there too, I need to finish the season on a better note than what I did at pocono. I will be heading down the Jimmy jude and ray. I will likley have trailer space since ant and another friend couldnt go. The lower gas prices (and I scored a 50n dollar gas card from my bank) will ease the blow a little bit but its still kinda pricey.

Tom

yetidave
10-12-2006, 09:31 AM
No matter how you look at it,vir is wearth the drive.Dave are you going alone?I may be looking for someone to share a ride.

Yup, I'm driving down alone. I've got room in the truck for another bike, let me know.

Jen, the new bike is the '07 GSXR 750 I'm picking up from Omar Monday. :ride:

RCM78
10-12-2006, 04:50 PM
I'll be there!!!!!

Qetesh
10-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Yup, I'm driving down alone. I've got room in the truck for another bike, let me know.

Jen, the new bike is the '07 GSXR 750 I'm picking up from Omar Monday. :ride:

Noooiicceee :nod2: Congrats and good luck with it! Have fun at VIR and keep the rubber side down!

Chris
10-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I'll be there!!!!!

Nice!

Jimmy
10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I'll be there! :)

tommymac
10-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I'll be there! :)

Is donna going, and whats the plan for rooms, I wasnt sure if we were going to try for the rooms we talked about last time we were there.

Tom

RCM78
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Nice!

Uhh Ohh, Chris is stalking me!!!:doh:

AfricanBootyScratcher
10-13-2006, 11:12 AM
In there like swim wear!
along with many of the Monmouth Cycles Crew, we're gonna try to take the owner's new FunMover down

pillaka
10-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Hopefully I can get my suspension done by then

I Ride
10-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Ill be there

rxspd
11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Ill be there

NYCSTRIPES
11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
I am toying with the idea, but its 2 days off from work for me to attend. Maybe I can swing it....possibly with the new TZ250...
Ken

Cakes206
11-02-2006, 08:22 PM

RCM78
11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I have room for 1 maybe 2 bikes and 2 people for the ride down and back...

rxspd
11-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Whos sleeping where ?? What hotel is everyone staying at??

Cakes206
11-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Whos sleeping where ?? What hotel is everyone staying at??

Holiday Inn Express, TPM rate $62 a night.

AfricanBootyScratcher
11-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I just got a room at the hospitality suits at pit in, $79. Plus we got the funmover, so that can now be parked in the paddock overnight

yetidave
11-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm staying at the lodge at VIR. That place rocks. I'll get there early enough on Sunday to sit out on the balcony, drink a beer, and watch the Porsche homo's do laps around the full course. ;)

yetidave
11-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Anyone up for a death race on the Karts Sunday night? The object is not to win, the object is to survive. :roflmao:

RCM78
11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Anyone up for a death race on the Karts Sunday night? The object is not to win, the object is to survive. :roflmao:

What time?? Me and Bill wanna get there in time for some GOKARTS!!!

GinoE
11-07-2006, 08:16 PM
will they allow minimotos?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/100_0078Small.jpg

yetidave
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
What time?? Me and Bill wanna get there in time for some GOKARTS!!!

I'm thinking 5:30-6:00. That way there's time for Mexican food afterward.

yetidave
11-07-2006, 08:23 PM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/100_0078Small.jpg

I dare ya.

:)

lateapex
11-09-2006, 09:44 AM
I'll be there.

Cakes206
11-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I have room for 1 maybe 2 bikes and 2 people for the ride down and back...
Still got room? When ya leavin/coming back?

High_Revs_17
11-10-2006, 10:45 PM

You might be faster on that than some of the white group rookies. :lol:

AfricanBootyScratcher
11-10-2006, 11:20 PM
We started getting bikes together at work this afternoon, all our first timers are so excited that's all they've been talking about for days at work. Hell we're all excited!

AfricanBootyScratcher
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
4 bikes loaded on the funmover, now gotta load 9 more in the trailer and the Monmouth Cycles crew is ready to roll
when you see the rig in the paddock, make sure to come by and say hi

lateapex
11-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks Omar and Michele for lunch. The rig and trailer are impresive and you got a great group of riders with you.

I was a great day. Weather was perfect, who would have thought it would be in the 60's in Novemeber at VIR. Perfect ending to a great season.

I Ride
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks Omar and Michele for lunch. The rig and trailer are impresive and you got a great group of riders with you.

I was a great day. Weather was perfect, who would have thought it would be in the 60's in Novemeber at VIR. Perfect ending to a great season.

good times

FYI...i was playing a game that one lap.... to see how many turns we could go through side by side. :roflmao: that was fun:ride:

AfricanBootyScratcher
11-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Very good times were had. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Just kinda sad to end the season and hibernate.
Sucks that stiffy crashed out of second in the race. BTW, the guy that won is an AMA superbike racer. I heard he's the guy who got into it with Yates at Daytona a few years back.
No prob Geo, glad you could come enjoy with us!
That was funny Rob, had me cracking up in my helmet. I was trying to reach out and do the super cool post race slap hands as we were going up the hill but you kept me hanging you bastard! So then I thought of hitting your kill switch then realised we were in white and there were guys behind us that may not appreciate that. :lol:

Is it March yet?

lateapex
11-15-2006, 12:10 PM
good times

FYI...i was playing a game that one lap.... to see how many turns we could go through side by side. :roflmao: that was fun:ride:

I saw you the whole time and it was fun. I never knew we could ride side by side through 4, 5 and 6. I would not recommend it at race pace.

BTW Rob I chased you in one blue session but never got you. Sliding the rear every lap in the Hogpen and using the curb as a bumper to stop the slide and get extra traction.

tommymac
11-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Very good times were had. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Just kinda sad to end the season and hibernate.
Sucks that stiffy crashed out of second in the race. BTW, the guy that won is an AMA superbike racer. I heard he's the guy who got into it with Yates at Daytona a few years back.
No prob Geo, glad you could come enjoy with us!
That was funny Rob, had me cracking up in my helmet. I was trying to reach out and do the super cool post race slap hands as we were going up the hill but you kept me hanging you bastard! So then I thought of hitting your kill switch then realised we were in white and there were guys behind us that may not appreciate that. :lol:

Is it March yet?

Was tha tthe guy yates dropkicked for running him off the track or something?

Tom

I Ride
11-15-2006, 12:49 PM
that wasnt him. the guy who yates kicked was anthony fania. I dont think the guy that won the race races AMA. a Guy i pitted with races Wera expert, and he knows him as a wera racer. the bike he was on is Lee Acrees (ama superbike racer) which he just bought....still had "Acree" on the shield ..probbly causing the confusion. sure he was fast, but the pace he was running was 3-4 seconds off even qualifying for a superbike race. if you guys never been....you must get down there to watch those guys rip it up. seeing Mladin drop consistant 24's is a site.

I Ride
11-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I saw you the whole time and it was fun. I never knew we could ride side by side through 4, 5 and 6. I would not recommend it at race pace.

BTW Rob I chased you in one blue session but never got you. Sliding the rear every lap in the Hogpen and using the curb as a bumper to stop the slide and get extra traction.

nice....i didnt know you were back there i woulda liked to play around. i gotta start going fast enough to slide around !

Is it March yet?

ha ha...that was diff then the george game. I was "friend" stuffing you

that guy in your avatar is sexy. want me to buy him a drink for you ?

Cakes206
11-15-2006, 01:00 PM
then realised we were in white and there were guys behind us that may not appreciate that. :lol:
That at the end of the day when Gallo had a shit fit when the coaches(and Glen) came in?

Definitely good times, great weather, great people. Used the first session to shake out the cobbwebs, after that it was all good. Definitely made up some time in other areas than in past events. Had two close calls during the day, had one guy buzz past me and the coach in front of me going down the roller coaster under a red flag that was put out 2 stations prior(need to pay closer attn) and had some dude pass up under me at the kink in the front strait at full throttle...not very smart either. All in all was a great ending to a great season.

I think my taste buds are still seized up from Buffalo Wild Wings. Theres also a new dance called the "Jimmy Shuffle"...and damn those 16oz. glasses :drink: :lol: Oh and that Funmover that Monmouth Cycles has is pretty :pimp: :drool:

The ride there and back definitely sux for one day...thanks again Gino for caravaning.

lateapex
11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
nice....i didnt know you were back there i woulda liked to play around. i gotta start going fast enough to slide around !

I was trying to do the suprise attack. I was silding because I had to get on the throttle so soon because I didn't want to let you get away on the front straight. I'd close on you into T1 (brembo master helped there) but you'd walk me in 3 and I'd be close in 4,5,6,6a and through Stevie Wonder. I was real close going into 7 and we'd run even up the hill. You'd gap me into the top of the coaster. Then we'd run even down the hill. I'd slow up going into the Hogpen to get the drive out.

AfricanBootyScratcher
11-15-2006, 01:24 PM
That at the end of the day when Gallo had a shit fit when the coaches(and Glen) came in?

nope, it was earlier.
I heard there was some something going on at the end of the day, but I missed it

I Ride
11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
I was trying to do the suprise attack. I was silding because I had to get on the throttle so soon because I didn't want to let you get away on the front straight. I'd close on you into T1 (brembo master helped there) but you'd walk me in 3 and I'd be close in 4,5,6,6a and through Stevie Wonder. I was real close going into 7 and we'd run even up the hill. You'd gap me into the top of the coaster. Then we'd run even down the hill. I'd slow up going into the Hogpen to get the drive out.

ahhh it was late in the day then...stevei wonder was tough. had to use the force.

i suck in 1....and that giant oil slick wasnt helping. I couldnt get myself to go through that.

lateapex
11-15-2006, 01:43 PM
ahhh it was late in the day then...stevei wonder was tough. had to use the force.

i suck in 1....and that giant oil slick wasnt helping. I couldnt get myself to go through that.

It might have been late in the day, I don't remember. T1 was not fun but there was decent traction though it but to be safe I was always to the inside of it in the blue group.

Cakes, what was Gallo mad about?

RCM78
11-15-2006, 01:57 PM

He got buzzed on the front straight in the white group...

lateapex
11-15-2006, 02:18 PM
He got buzzed on the front straight in the white group...

He should be used to that by now :)

CBRBob
11-15-2006, 02:24 PM
He should be used to that by now :)

http://www.leehotti.com/images/store/big/pwned.jpg

Kennedy
11-15-2006, 02:51 PM
ROFL!

Cakes206
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Whatever it was, you could hear him clear cross the paddock, lol.

yetidave
11-15-2006, 03:26 PM

Julie came in just before the shit hit the fan and said that it was a free for all in that white session, then Glen and 3-4 other coaches rolled in followed closely by Gallo. Gallo went berserk on them, that's the first time I've seen Dave rip anyone like that. I just stood there watching with my chin on the ground. Even Glen was just looking at his shoes while Dave went off. I guess they were making passes on members that Dave thought were "questionable".

GinoE
11-15-2006, 03:28 PM
thank YOU joe for leading the entire 1100+ miles :thumbup:

(i must have pissed for 15mins when i got home :roflmao: )

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/virNSmall.jpg

...The ride there and back definitely sux for one day...thanks again Gino for caravaning...

yetidave
11-15-2006, 03:32 PM
It was a really fun day btw. I put 300 miles on the GSXR. That bike is sooooo much better than I am.
I had a fun session with Ralph. The sun was at our backs goin into one and I could see his shadow to my left as I started to throw it in. He got me at the exit and I chased him for a couple of laps before they threw the checkers.
I'm doing Jennings a couple of times this winter to tide me over 'til spring. Anyone want to go?

lateapex
11-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Julie came in just before the shit hit the fan and said that it was a free for all in that white session, then Glen and 3-4 other coaches rolled in followed closely by Gallo. Gallo went berserk on them, that's the first time I've seen Dave rip anyone like that. I just stood there watching with my chin on the ground. Even Glen was just looking at his shoes while Dave went off. I guess they were making passes on members that Dave thought were "questionable".

OK. Gallo is 100% right. I hope Glen was training them.

yetidave
11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
OK. Gallo is 100% right. I hope Glen was training them.

I agree and I respect Gallo for calling them on it.

I Ride
11-15-2006, 06:44 PM
It was a really fun day btw. I put 300 miles on the GSXR. That bike is sooooo much better than I am.
I had a fun session with Ralph. The sun was at our backs goin into one and I could see his shadow to my left as I started to throw it in. He got me at the exit and I chased him for a couple of laps before they threw the checkers.
I'm doing Jennings a couple of times this winter to tide me over 'til spring. Anyone want to go?

you did 300 miles ??? wow...my record is like 250. and i did double sessions like every rotation. you must hit dam near every group.

I Ride
11-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Gallo went berserk on them, that's the first time I've seen Dave rip anyone like that. .

i have ...:P :lickit:

yetidave
11-15-2006, 07:41 PM
you did 300 miles ??? wow...my record is like 250. and i did double sessions like every rotation. you must hit dam near every group.

Every group but two, and I raced.

CBRBob
11-15-2006, 08:41 PM
The last Sat at BeaveRun I did like 380mi. The Sun I did like 200.
People were wondering who brought my trailer to the Beav, since I was never there with it!

pillaka
11-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Damn most i ever did is 320 miles in 10-2 at VIR north. The important part is that I beat Omar. :)

After getting ejected coming out of turn 8 doing around 120 mph, I figured I lucked out once again in not getting some serious injury. My back, right shoulder, and neck are all still sore, but not as bad as yesterday. I got a nice bruise on my left heel, most of my walking at work today was hobbling around since I can't put pressure on it without some hurtin. Still trying to figure out how it all happened. After the crash my lap timer stopped working, got it fixed today, there are connectors inside, which both got yanked inside from the lap timer and the reciever, plugged it in, good to go! Lap 2 was a 1:36.89..... Damn

Qetesh
11-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Damn most i ever did is 320 miles in 10-2 at VIR north. The important part is that I beat Omar. :)

After getting ejected coming out of turn 8 doing around 120 mph, I figured I lucked out once again in not getting some serious injury. My back, right shoulder, and neck are all still sore, but not as bad as yesterday. I got a nice bruise on my left heel, most of my walking at work today was hobbling around since I can't put pressure on it without some hurtin. Still trying to figure out how it all happened. After the crash my lap timer stopped working, got it fixed today, there are connectors inside, which both got yanked inside from the lap timer and the reciever, plugged it in, good to go! Lap 2 was a 1:36.89..... Damn

Glad to hear that your injuries weren't more serious Crispy. Do I have to give you a new title again :lol:

You got all winter to get ready for the first GP race of '07...where will it be? We'll just have to wait and see ;)

Cakes206
11-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Lap 2 was a 1:36.89..... Damn
Thats some serious motorin Bri, damn is right.

pillaka
11-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Glad to hear that your injuries weren't more serious Crispy. Do I have to give you a new title again :lol:

You got all winter to get ready for the first GP race of '07...where will it be? We'll just have to wait and see ;)

Prob VIR North will be the opening race, then pocono east early april, and then beaverun late april. After seeing those bigass trophies they gave to the season champions, now I want one. I am going to be 2007 GP Unlimited Champion

Cakes206
11-16-2006, 09:12 AM
I am going to be 2007 GP Unlimited Champion
Aww shit, you heard it here first...we're countin on ya Bir :jam2:

lateapex
11-16-2006, 09:24 AM
640 miles in 2 days at Nelson a few years back.

yetidave
11-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I am going to be 2007 GP Unlimited Champion

If you can forget that highside and not let it effect your riding, you will be on the top step at the end of the season.
See you on the starting grid at VIR next spring. ;)

Chris
11-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Prob VIR North will be the opening race, then pocono east early april, and then beaverun late april. After seeing those bigass trophies they gave to the season champions, now I want one. I am going to be 2007 GP Unlimited Champion

Glad to hear your doing ok.If you need some help with the frame let me know.I want a big trophy too!I'll be right there with you.

I Ride
11-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Glad to hear your doing ok.If you need some help with the frame let me know.I want a big trophy too!I'll be right there with you.

hey.....didnt know you were on here. i was watching the race on Monday wishing I was out there. we had some good races in summit last time

I did a doubletake on your town.....you need to lose the E in the name....thatd be cool :ride:

lateapex
11-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Word for Daffy is that there might be more classes next year for the TPM races. I hope they follow the CCS and WERA classes just so there will be less confusion. No sense in inventing new classes when these are pretty fair and work well.

Chris
11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
hey.....didnt know you were on here. i was watching the race on Monday wishing I was out there. we had some good races in summit last time

I did a doubletake on your town.....you need to lose the E in the name....thatd be cool :ride:

Definitely good times at summit.You doing any racing this year? I just signed up for ccs,waiting to see if I can keep my same number.Maybe Ill take your advise and lose the E.

yetidave
11-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Definitely good times at summit.You doing any racing this year? I just signed up for ccs,waiting to see if I can keep my same number.Maybe Ill take your advise and lose the E.

I just signed up with CCS too. Are you going to Daytona? Wanna carpool?

Chris
11-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I just signed up with CCS too. Are you going to Daytona? Wanna carpool?

I would love to go but not sure yet.I have a house 40 min from daytona.I might take the kids down for vacation and stay to see ama races.

I Ride
11-22-2006, 08:19 PM

im confused...:crazy:

by "this year"...you mean next year ? lol yea Im going to do some racing. I ussually stick to Summit/VIR maybe I will venture somewhere else. I dunno. I didnt even know you could get your license this early. I just wait till they mail me something. I was lucky when i signed up...noone had my number

Cakes206
11-23-2006, 10:49 AM
im confused...
:roflmao: