PDA

View Full Version : Throttle, Throttle, Throttle...

Cakes206
09-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Perfect example of what happens when you let go of the throttle while in a turn...this person sure was lucky...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzbfkWV4gs0&eurl=

RCM78
09-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Looks like target fixation to me...

shadoxkila
09-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Looks like target fixation to me...

i was thinkin the same thing... why would you go flyin off the road just for letting off the throttle a little bit?

Cakes206
09-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Letting off the throttle stands the bike up, pushing it wide...the target fixation comes after, been there, done that. Scary as hell.

shadoxkila
09-29-2006, 03:36 PM
yea ur right...i've definitely done the target fixation thing, when i'm kinda spacin out on a long ride, almost killed myself....fun times

Throttle
09-29-2006, 03:42 PM
LOL.. i thought u were callin me out!! :roflmao:

Cakes206
09-29-2006, 03:53 PM
LOL.. i thought u were callin me out!! :roflmao:
I ain't messin with no Runway Diva, not gonna happen. :roflmao:

CBRBob
09-29-2006, 06:15 PM
It was more looking AT the problem and rolling off then just rolling off. You can see he has nothing for lean angle.

RCM78
09-29-2006, 06:33 PM
It was more looking AT the problem and rolling off then just rolling off. You can see he has nothing for lean angle.

I just didnt feel like arguing

Cakes206
09-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I just didnt feel like arguing
Whats to argue? IMHO, its a classic situation of said rider coming into a blind bend(see the big mountain to the right) and "thinking" they're coming in to hot so they roll off the throttle, once they fixate left, bike heads even more left. Again, just an interpretation of what I see, but the only one who can actually be 100% is the one riding the bike...but then again..."trust us, its the rotors!" :P :lol:

CBRBob
09-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Oh no Ralph, he went there!

Gigantic
09-29-2006, 08:13 PM
http://www.asylvm.f9.co.uk/images/renandstimpy/ren.gifeeediot!!!

Rev
09-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Whats to argue? IMHO, its a classic situation of said rider coming into a blind bend(see the big mountain to the right) and "thinking" they're coming in to hot so they roll off the throttle, once they fixate left, bike heads even more left. Again, just an interpretation of what I see, but the only one who can actually be 100% is the one riding the bike...but then again..."trust us, its the rotors!" :P :lol:

kinda sounds like my crash...

RCM78
09-29-2006, 09:33 PM
The little guys allway get upset so fast... Why is that?

CBRBob
09-29-2006, 09:50 PM
The little guys allway get upset so fast... Why is that?

Who??
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/cupcakes.jpg

RCM78
09-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Damnit, I never got a personalized cupcake...:ripped:

CBRBob
09-30-2006, 07:04 AM
That was for Smokin' Joe's b-day.

SAXON117
09-30-2006, 08:54 AM
which do you think is bigger, the skid marks on the road or the ones in his drawers?:ohmygod:

Cakes206
09-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Ok, back on topic, and the meaning for the post...all they had to was stay on the gas and they would of made the bend no problem. The bike can do alot more than you think, its usually a riders ability (or inability I should say) that get them in trouble...Throttle is your friend(most of the time.)

RCM78
09-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Dude, That rider panicked plain and simple. If he stayed on the gas he would've hit the car that much faster... He never even commited to the turn.

Cakes206
09-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Dude, That rider panicked plain and simple. If he stayed on the gas he would've hit the car that much faster... He never even commited to the turn.

:wtf: No he wouldn't of...throttle modulation would of helped keep the bike leaned over...Of course that rider paniced...thats my point. Panicing automatically send a message to the brain, telling the rider to roll off the throttle...slow the bike down...it's just a natural reaction. Problem with this reaction is due to centrifical force(or the lack thereof) the bike stands up, rider fixates, boom, you're done. But in this situation, just the opposite would of had a better outcome. How can one commit to a turn while they're rolling off and the bike is standing up? Ok, so if they would of stayed on the gas, keep it leaned, all while lookin where they wanted to go, then would they of made it? This is exactly what happened to me T1 at Summit, thought I was coming in to hot, no throttle, bike drifting left, fixated on the ground, paniced, tapped the brake(I knew not to do this but did it anyway, chalking it up to inexperience) while leaned over, tucked the front. Now, had I just continue to modulate the throttle, looked through to T3 and keept leaning, I would of been fine.
Got cabin fever?

High_Revs_17
09-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I think everyone's missing the major point of that clip, it's probably one of the best damn saves I've ever seen! :moocow:

IrocRob
09-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Best, No. Possibly the luckiest. On or off the throttle, all
he had to do was TURN THE BIKE. Lack of experience and panic.

CBRBob
09-30-2006, 10:22 PM
On or off the throttle, all he had to do was TURN THE BIKE.

Bingo.

RCM78
09-30-2006, 11:21 PM
: Problem with this reaction is due to centrifical force(or the lack thereof) the bike stands up, rider fixates, boom, you're done. But in this situation, just the opposite would of had a better outcome. How can one commit to a turn while they're rolling off and the bike is standing up? Ok, so if they would of stayed on the gas, keep it leaned, all while lookin where they wanted to go, then would they of made it? This is exactly what happened to me T1 at Summit, thought I was coming in to hot, no throttle, bike drifting left, fixated on the ground, paniced, tapped the brake(I knew not to do this but did it anyway, chalking it up to inexperience) while leaned over, tucked the front. Now, had I just continue to modulate the throttle, looked through to T3 and keept leaning, I would of been fine.
Got cabin fever?

Joe, Just where are you getting your info? Did you form these theories yourself? Centrifugal force has nothing to do with motorcycles. I think your talking about gyroscopic force.

To answer your question. Yes. If the rider had Looked where he wanted to go, Turned the bike, and stayed on the throttle in that order he would have easily made the turn. Theres no disputing the bikes capability of making that turn at that speed.

Cakes206
10-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I think your talking about gyroscopic force.
Yea, that too :lol: