PDA

View Full Version : Remember To Heat Up Them Tires...

Cakes206
09-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Ouch! (http://thatvideosite.voxcdn.com/core/2612/motorcycle_crashes_into_concrete_wall.wmv)

duc748pilot
09-28-2006, 04:18 PM
that was a perfect set up for a superman.....if your gonna hit a wall...do it right! amatuer.

AfricanBootyScratcher
09-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Target fixation much?

njf4i
09-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I love that video. But i only give hime a 6 for his landing.

DougZ
09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Repost...but still scary. He's lucky he stay on the left side of that wall. Right side looked like a huge drop.

SAXON117
09-28-2006, 09:34 PM
:moocow: holy cow poop!

ambitious1
10-02-2006, 01:07 PM
How the hell did that happen! He wasn't even leaned over! Can anyone offer some sort of explanation???

Cakes206
10-02-2006, 01:46 PM
How the hell did that happen! He wasn't even leaned over! Can anyone offer some sort of explanation???
It can happen, leaned over or not, tire just breaks loose. Of course I bet his tires probably weren't in the best of shape either. Don't rule out oil, sand, etc...

soda7o
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
i seen Hugo aka cookie mosnter do that when we pule dout of his drivewya.. :lol: it was funny to see a 320 lb man flyof his bike..
the reason was.. cold tires and it looke just like that and not leanign hard either..

ZeRo_C0oL
11-25-2006, 11:56 AM
oh SHIT! I went out on cold tires two nights ago and gave it too much gas coming off of my street, and boy did I straighten up quick. I knew the tires were cold, but I didn't think it would react that way. The rear tire did sort of a rolling burnout and then it caught and I fishtailed back and forth, luckily recovering and not laying it down. I didn't do it intentionally--just need to remember to warm them up slowly and easy, and most important give it time. I wasn't trying to light the tire up.

High_Revs_17
11-25-2006, 01:11 PM
The actions of that were very odd considering the circumstances, ouch is right to say the least.

Cakes206
11-25-2006, 05:59 PM
The actions of that were very odd considering the circumstances
How so?

High_Revs_17
11-25-2006, 06:14 PM
How so?

I watched it numerous times and it just seems strange. He's just cruising along at a very easy pace thru the turn with the bike barely leaned over, then the rear loses it for a quick second and regains traction again. I couldn't spot anything visible on the road at the exact point of when the rear lost traction, maybe it was gravel like you said. Seems his lack of experience got the worst of him.

Shelly
11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
From his reaction it kinda seems like he hit some gravel. just my 5 cents. :)

shadoxkila
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
gravel is the mother of all fuck ups when it comes to bikes! I've had numerous run ins with it, thats y jersey sucks balls for riding

Cakes206
11-28-2006, 04:20 PM
gravel is the mother of all fuck ups when it comes to bikes! I've had numerous run ins with it, thats y jersey sucks balls for riding
Try passing a baseball feild only to have someone foul a softball into the road at the exact moment you're riding by with nowhere to go, and then timing it perfect so your front tire doesn't hit it but roll over it in the middle of the back tire...that day could of sucked, lol.

High_Revs_17
11-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Try passing a baseball feild only to have someone foul a softball into the road at the exact moment you're riding by with nowhere to go, and then timing it perfect so your front tire doesn't hit it but roll over it in the middle of the back tire...that day could of sucked, lol.

Reminds me of the day I spotted a basketball rolling down the driveway towards my lane. I had a split second choice to slow down or speed up. There was traffic behind me so stopping short wasn't a great option, I spend up and managed to kick it away from me before it got caught up in the back wheel.

Redlinerider
12-03-2006, 12:52 AM
:ohmygod: why would you not let it go nowing that you are headin for the wall.???

High_Revs_17
12-03-2006, 12:58 PM
:ohmygod: why would you not let it go nowing that you are headin for the wall.???

Possibly cuz instinct told him to try and gain control of the bike, or he just froze up and went down with the ship.

Student Driver
12-03-2006, 05:45 PM

As the rider started pulling away with a good bit of gas, he/she seen the wall and target fixated. As the bike was in the lean instead of pressing on the grip the rider squeezed and released the clutch several times but looks like he/she never rolled off the throttle. With gas on and letting the clutch go will spin up the back wheel causing it to start to lowside. Still target fixating rider puts foot down as a atempt to regain control. Seen this same thing at lower speeds teaching the beginner rider course. Fortunitly it's at low enough speeds where a crash seldom happens.

Rev
12-04-2006, 10:17 AM
As the rider started pulling away with a good bit of gas, he/she seen the wall and target fixated. As the bike was in the lean instead of pressing on the grip the rider squeezed and released the clutch several times but looks like he/she never rolled off the throttle. With gas on and letting the clutch go will spin up the back wheel causing it to start to lowside. Still target fixating rider puts foot down as a atempt to regain control. Seen this same thing at lower speeds teaching the beginner rider course. Fortunitly it's at low enough speeds where a crash seldom happens.

Was gonna say something along the lines. If you look the vid he is squeezing the clutch....He may have throttled it and let go of the clutch too fast causing the tire to buckle, from there the rest is history. I remember i did that once that's why I was gonna probably suggest it. I held clutch in and rolled on the throttle a tad and dropped the clutch by accident causing my back tire to fish tail. Good Call SD...

Fuzy_GSXR1000
12-19-2006, 09:34 AM
So basically he panicked?:(

ronin_01r1
12-19-2006, 09:42 AM
well, at least the fall didn't look like it hurt that bad...like falling out of bed.