PDA

View Full Version : TPM Calabogie 10/10-10/11 Who's in?

lateapex
09-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Who heading to the great white north for some new pavement? Great chance to get a head start on this track for 07. You get some track time here and impress your friend when they visit the track in 07.

Ant
09-28-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm not gonna be able to make it but I think I speak for everyone when I say a full report and pics are mandatory upon your return.

lateapex
09-28-2006, 10:27 AM
It's never a problem for me to write up a track. Glen and Gallo were just up there the other day so Glen will likely have a report soon.

ffejtable
09-28-2006, 01:06 PM
ive been asked not to return to canada for a while. :(

DougZ
09-28-2006, 01:24 PM
ive been asked not to return to canada for a while. :(

Cause you smell?? :)

CBRBob
09-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Canada, the desolate frozen wasteland. :)

yetidave
10-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Canada, the desolate frozen wasteland. :)

I noticed your name on the sign up page....bastard. I can't believe I don't get to go.....:(

CBRBob
10-05-2006, 07:31 PM
You can........ pleeeeeeease mr. yeti............

yetidave
10-05-2006, 07:41 PM
You can........ pleeeeeeease mr. yeti............

Can't....must work.....must resist urge.......

Cakes206
10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Can't....must work.....must resist urge.......
Isn't it Lance's turn for time off? ;) :lol:

Mack
10-06-2006, 07:39 AM
wish I could go....oh wait my bike is in pieces and I'm in the middle of buying a house....next year definately

yetidave
10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Isn't it Lance's turn for time off? ;) :lol:

That prick is on his way to BeavRun as we speak.

Gigantic
10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
:nopity: :haha:

lateapex
10-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Calabogie was awesome. Blind entries, Blind apexes, Blind exits, elevation changes and amazing grip. With temps the the 50's on Tuesday the tracks had tons of grip. 22 turns makes it kinda hard to learn but after a few sessions it all came together. Some turns were so long they had 3 apexes. You need to wait on a lot of turns to make it work. 3 turns tighten up on you to keep you honest while others have numerous elevation change in the same turn. Turn 5 starts level then drops off to the first apex, then mid turn it starts uphill as the turn tighten up on the second part of the turn. As you exit you flick it left for a blind apex that you just go to see to understand. In the rain on Wednesday there was still a ton of grip for those who dared to push the limit. I tried to follow another coach that was making smooth lines but my lines were all over the place. My head just wasn't in it.

This is a larger version of Barber with twice the speed. Super fast and super grip. This track in the summer will be amazing. TPM has a few weekends scheduled for next year and if you get a chance to make the trip do it. The locals are great and very friendly. Eat the the Buchorn and stay there or at the Calabogie Lodge.

Ant
10-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Calabogie was awesome. Blind entries, Blind apexes, Blind exits, elevation changes and amazing grip. With temps the the 50's on Tuesday the tracks had tons of grip. 22 turns makes it kinda hard to learn but after a few sessions it all came together. Some turns were so long they had 3 apexes. You need to wait on a lot of turns to make it work. 3 turns tighten up on you to keep you honest while others have numerous elevation change in the same turn. Turn 5 starts level then drops off to the first apex, then mid turn it starts uphill as the turn tighten up on the second part of the turn. As you exit you flick it left for a blind apex that you just go to see to understand. In the rain on Wednesday there was still a ton of grip for those who dared to push the limit. I tried to follow another coach that was making smooth lines but my lines were all over the place. My head just wasn't in it.

This is a larger version of Barber with twice the speed. Super fast and super grip. This track in the summer will be amazing. TPM has a few weekends scheduled for next year and if you get a chance to make the trip do it. The locals are great and very friendly. Eat the the Buchorn and stay there or at the Calabogie Lodge.

Nice, thanks for the writeup. How about run off and safety? Gravel traps? Wall proximity?

lateapex
10-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Nice, thanks for the writeup. How about run off and safety? Gravel traps? Wall proximity?

There are a few spots where the walls are close to the track. Turn 2 has a large wall to riders left but if you ride close to it you'll fall against it vs sliding into it. :) Plus it runs along your path not crossing your path. There are gravel traps in the high speeds run off sections, which is good. The guard rails are close in one section of the track but if you follow the proper line it's not an issue. They are making changes as per our requests.

The key to this place is very late apexes.

Ant
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
The key to this place is very late apexes.

hehe :lol: Thanks for the info!