PDA

View Full Version : longvalley brew pub

gottaducati
09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
supposedly there is a bike night at the long valley brew pub on tuesday nights. anyone ever been there?

High_Revs_17
09-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I'll be there with some of the fellas this evening, bring your Duc, there are others there, we'd love to see it.

Shelly
09-27-2006, 08:56 AM
This is probably last for the season you think? Been wanting to hit it since it's across the street from my job but others things have always come up. Maybe next week if it's still goin.

CBRBob
09-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I thought you worked in Whitehouse Sta., not Long Valley?

Ant
09-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I've been there. It's not bad. A lot of really expensive bikes there...saw an MV Agusta, lots o Ducs, and older beemers. If you like Euro bikes, it's the place to be for sure.

Shelly
09-27-2006, 01:09 PM
I do Mister ;)...LOL...still very "close" to me, espec. relative to alot of the other bike nights up in Wayne,etc. :)

I thought you worked in Whitehouse Sta., not Long Valley?

gottaducati
09-27-2006, 01:35 PM
damn i knew i should have just went by myself. my friends didnt want to take the ride. so i wound up at hooters wayne. it sucked. the highlight of the night was when this dude on a suzuki boulevard did a burnout

Kennedy
09-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I do Mister ;)...LOL...still very "close" to me, espec. relative to alot of the other bike nights up in Wayne,etc. :)

There is a bike night every thursday night at Stewarts in Whitehouse on 22

Shelly
09-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Yip yip Kennedy-hit this a few weeks back, pretty decent turnout.

There is a bike night every thursday night at Stewarts in Whitehouse on 22

EzoBrown
10-01-2006, 08:40 PM
The pub is nice.....it been happen all summer on monady night not tuesday....car and bike show, not a bike night only.

IrocRob
10-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Monday is "Cruise Night"

Tuesday is "European Bike Night"

Thursday is when we usually show up....$2.00 pint night...:drink:

http://www.longvalleypubandbrewery.com/

High_Revs_17
10-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Monday is "Cruise Night"

Tuesday is "European Bike Night"

Thursday is when we usually show up....$2.00 pint night...:drink:

http://www.longvalleypubandbrewery.com/

You wish you got your refills as quickly as he does-->:drink:

GinoE
10-02-2006, 12:49 PM
$2 / pt - now you're talkin', hopefully thurs night will be nice enough to ride out there.

Liltenatattoo
10-02-2006, 02:50 PM
i might actually show up for this one. (thursday night sorry) hehehehehe. miss the thursday night crew.

HondaGalToo
10-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm planning on going tomorrow night. The weather looks good. Not too many of these nice evenings left, gotta take advantage. I'll save the Thursday night $2 pints for the winter when I'm caging it! :)

tommymac
10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
$2 / pt - now you're talkin', hopefully thurs night will be nice enough to ride out there.

Hmm 2 dollar pints of brewpub beer I will have to look into this, now i need another thurs off:lol:

Tom

Marker54
10-03-2006, 09:04 AM
damn i knew i should have just went by myself. my friends didnt want to take the ride. so i wound up at hooters wayne. it sucked. the highlight of the night was when this dude on a suzuki boulevard did a burnout

Was there that night...didnt see a Duc...

PitsVtec
10-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Mark & I will be busy moving crap, so this is out!

GinoE
10-03-2006, 02:48 PM
ya got a point there - it's already hit 81°F here in bright & sunny flushing, ny

I'm planning on going tomorrow night. The weather looks good. Not too many of these nice evenings left, gotta take advantage. I'll save the Thursday night $2 pints for the winter when I'm caging it! :)

GinoE
10-03-2006, 11:23 PM
I arrive at the pub around 7:30pm; there are two other bikes there besides my Kawasaki. A Yamaha and a Ducati, I never got to meet the Yamaha rider but was chatting with ‘Ducati Charlie’. Had a couple of pints of the seasonal stout and even got some ale-to-go in a ‘growler’ (i guess a fancy name for glass bottle). It’s 9pm when we all split from the pub.

As I near home, I’m flying down 287 and spot a LEO with his laser. I know its laser because my radar/laser detector is not alarming. I keep on the throttle because I figure I’m safe since the laser needs to hit you dead on to get a reading. I've been hit with a laser before, the detector shows 20/20 on the readout.

I get closer to one section of road I like. A nice smooth jug handle where I get to hang off as I go around, right where 287 and 17 meets. As I fly down 17, I see police lights off into the distance; another LEO has pulled someone over. I blow by them, thinking the cop is too busy with they guy he’s already pulled over.

NOT!

I get about a ¼ of a mile away and he’s on my tail with the strobes on. I pull right over, take off my helmet/gloves and wait for him. It takes him a minute to come over and he says, ‘my partner back there clocked you over 110mph, let me see your paperwork’.

I think to myself, no way I was going THAT fast. I toggle through my GPS memory to see my MAX SPEED reading as his partner arrives in another car. They see my bottle of ale bungeed to the seat and ask where I’m coming from and are surprised to hear I’ve ridden from the Long Valley Pub. They ask if I’ve been drinking and I tell them the truth. I’m thinking I’m getting a ticket just as they walk away with my paperwork, I reluctantly ask them to take a look at my GPS MAX SPEED – lucky for me it shows 90.6

He starts to back peddle and say ‘well, I didn’t get a really good look at the bike and can’t say it was definitely you going 110. you slow it down and have a safe ride home’.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/alto2go1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/aldo2go2.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/alto2go3.jpg

High_Revs_17
10-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh man that was the best story I've read all year! That pic is priceless! :roflmao:

Cakes206
10-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Gino, gino, gino...carefull man...don't wanna hit a bump and drop yer bottle ;)

Rock712
10-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Once again GPS saves the day!!!

HondaGalToo
10-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah, don't wanna drop that bottle!! :)
Sorry I didn't get there, I'm fighting a cold and I want to feel better by the weekend...for riding!!! It was a nice night, too.

GinoE
10-04-2006, 10:13 PM
rest up, get well soon - after all that, i'm home now enjoying my long valley ale!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/refill_ale.jpg

IrocRob
10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Ginoe - Come on back on Thursday night! Time for a refill...:drink:

gottaducati
10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
shit if that was me i would have been locked up. why did he let you go? cuz he lied about clockin you at 110? you were still speeding...

GinoE
10-04-2006, 11:50 PM
i plan on riding out there thurs (no hooliganism this time out) - i will attach my tail bag for the take-home-ale!!!

he did say there were other bikes out there and that he wasn't EXACTLY sure it was me - i was hesitant to show my GPS reading because that would admit to them i was in fact speeding. the only reason i did show it was because he was very adamant about the 110mph reading.

i post this story in hopes that someone will learn from my hapless incident

tommymac
10-05-2006, 12:49 AM
i plan on riding out there thurs (no hooliganism this time out) - i will attach my tail bag for the take-home-ale!!!

he did say there were other bikes out there and that he wasn't EXACTLY sure it was me - i was hesitant to show my GPS reading because that would admit to them i was in fact speeding. the only reason i did show it was because he was very adamant about the 110mph reading.

i post this story in hopes that someone will learn from my hapless incident

Wha ttime are you leaving and from where in NYC. I am at work till 8 in Brooklyn and will be on the futura. Now if I had mor etime to plan I could throw on the hard bags and take home a bunch of beer:roflmao:

Tom

shadoxkila
10-05-2006, 02:53 AM
dam thats pretty sweet, they sell their own ale??? thats risky driving with that strapped down like that... you might spill it!!!

HondaGalToo
10-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Yup, they make their own stuff and two of their brews have won awards this year. I'm gonna ride there for lunch on Sunday... methinks I'll have to strap a growler to my bike, gotta bring home some of that stuff!

GinoE
10-05-2006, 11:34 AM
i work in flushing, ny and hope to get out of work on time @ 4pm. with any luck i am home within the hour, switch my gearbag that carries my suit&tie to the empty tailbag for the growler(s) - then ride out to long valley before the sun sets.

Wha ttime are you leaving and from where in NYC. I am at work till 8 in Brooklyn and will be on the futura. Now if I had mor etime to plan I could throw on the hard bags and take home a bunch of beer:roflmao:

Tom

Shelly
10-05-2006, 11:40 AM
great story gino :) u were more then lucky on that one...

Tonupboy
10-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Tuesday Bike Nights at Hooters Wayne is only a pre-meet...we wait until 8p and head out to Edgewater, NJ at Starbucks....more sportbikers there...

tommymac
10-05-2006, 09:33 PM
i work in flushing, ny and hope to get out of work on time @ 4pm. with any luck i am home within the hour, switch my gearbag that carries my suit&tie to the empty tailbag for the growler(s) - then ride out to long valley before the sun sets.

too early for me but I will soon be drinking heavily after this day:(

Tom

GinoE
10-05-2006, 11:53 PM
it was only 56°F but man, that was a frigid ride home. new growler is safely tucked away - good seeing you cats again!

IrocRob
10-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Good Times Gentlemen - And the beer is cheap too...:drink: :)

Marker54
12-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Hey Ginoe, great story man! I must have skipped this thread earlier. Thats Classic!

GinoE
12-30-2006, 10:08 AM
now you've got the same tailbag - it can fit 2 growlers nicely!

IrocRob
12-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Every Thursday night folks, it's a regular meet. - $2.00 pints... :cheers:

sonny
12-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Tuesday Bike Nights at Hooters Wayne is only a pre-meet...we wait until 8p and head out to Edgewater, NJ at Starbucks....more sportbikers there...

Starbucks? :LOL:

Marker54
12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
now you've got the same tailbag - it can fit 2 growlers nicely!

Thats right, the bag is sweet!! Thanks for the feedback!

GinoE
08-17-2007, 02:12 PM
TO PROTECT AND SERVE

Kudos to Mt. Olive Police! The police officer that pulled me over, quite possibly saved my life.

I take a ride out to Long Valley Brew Pub to refill the two growlers I have. I get there around 9pm-ish & recognize a few of the locals. I get the growlers filled & hang out for a couple of hours, eating, drinking & shooting the breeze with them.

11:15pm I figure I better boogie home since it’s still an hour ride. I pack the growlers in the tail bag & head out. Riding on Route 206, which is a two-lane road, there are a few cars ahead of me staggered within the two lanes. They’re moving kinda slow so I twist the throttle & snake through them. As a pull away from the pack of cars I just passed, I noticed in my rearview mirror another car pulling out of a driveway pretty quickly after me.

It’s a patrol car, I can recognize the light-bar on top of the roof. It paces me for a couple of miles then hits the strobes. I pull over immediately to the shoulder, shut the bike off, helmet off, gloves off & wait for the officer.

WOW – what a doll!!! She’s a petite 5’ (no more than 98lbs), long light brown hair in a tightly braided ponytail. She tells me shes’ pulled me over because I was speeding & asks to see my paperwork. I hand over the documentation & she says she understands how easy it is to move pretty quickly with a motorcycle.

She asks the usual questions: where your coming from, where are you going, have I been drinking… I tell her the truth & she says she needs to perform a few sobriety tests before she can let me go. I fail all 3 field sobriety tests, she handcuffs me & puts me in the back of her squad car. Another squad car arrives to wait for the tow truck to impound my bike.

We’re in the police station as she processes me – handcuffed to the bench but all the while I’m kinda smiling because I sneak looks at her (not trying to stare at her too much). She reminds me of an old girlfriend but in a much smaller package.

She reads to me out loud, some sort of documentation about ‘refusing the breathalyzer test’ – it’s a full page lengthy document & she reads it at 100mph sounding like one of those car commercials. As she reads it, I’m imagining her wearing a two-piece bikini…

She says: “Have you fully understood what I have just read you?”
I respond: “I do”
She says: “You’re not getting married so I’ll take that as a ‘yes’ ”

She then has me blow into the breathalyzer two times – I await anxiously for the results. When the report spits out it shows a BAC reading of 0.079

She says: “I’m not citing you for drunk driving but I’m giving you a ticket for reckless driving. You’re free to go since they round down, you did not hit 0.08 – I’m glad because you seem like a nice guy. Do you have anyone to call to pick you up? Since your bike is in impound, you will have to get it tomorrow morning”

I say: “No, I have no one to get me.”
She says: ”how about you stay at a local hotel overnight then walk to the impound in the morning for you bike, you will need to pay cash at the impound’
I say: “OK, I’ll do as you suggest”

She drives me to the local hotel, wishes me goodnight & roars off into the darkness.

I put the growlers into the hotel room fridge & go to sleep. During the night I’m dreaming she comes to my hotel room after her shift ends…no such luck. I wake up & start hoofing it a mile or so down 46 to the impound lot. Pay the impound & ride home.

Traffic court is 9/20 – I get to see her again, I’ll be sure to be wearing my Sunday Best. I wonder if I should invite her over to Long Valley brew pub afterwards…

IrocRob
08-17-2007, 09:20 PM
...I wonder if I should invite her over to Long Valley brew pub afterwards…

9/20 is a Thursday...ABSOLUTELY!!! :drink: :ride: :doh:

Redlinerider
08-18-2007, 01:28 PM
we should go to the pub and chill one night.........other then the bike night...

IrocRob
08-18-2007, 02:44 PM
we should go to the pub and chill one night.........other then the bike night...

The bike nights were last year, they are not doing them this year.
Thursday nights is our regular meet at Long Valley Brew Pub
for dinner at the bar or sometimes at a table outside.
$2.50 pint night :drink:

Redlinerider
08-18-2007, 03:41 PM
The bike nights were last year, they are not doing them this year.
Thursday nights is our regular meet at Long Valley Brew Pub
for dinner at the bar or sometimes at a table outside.

nice, room for one more?

High_Revs_17
08-18-2007, 07:14 PM
nice, room for one more?

You're always welcome to our little nich Dano.

Cakes206
08-18-2007, 07:45 PM
You got lucky man...had you done the breathalyser on the scene you'd been over. Its hard nuff riding sober with all these momos on the road, let alone after a few...Not worth it G.

Redlinerider
08-18-2007, 08:23 PM
You're always welcome to our little nich Dano.

thanks Rev's, as long as i do not run into my exwife out there, im cool:P

Hanz-Solo
08-18-2007, 08:31 PM
wow Ginoe, I am glad you got a break... but hey man, you could have called me and I would have picked you up and all... I live 10mins from that police station...

IrocRob
08-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Thursday nights is our regular meet at Long Valley Brew Pub.

nice, room for one more?

Dan - EVERYONE is welcome, but just a few make the trip regularly...

Ginoe - :arrr: :drink: :ride: :doh: :hitit: :P See you next week? :roflmao:

High_Revs_17
08-19-2007, 02:40 AM
I just read this! Holy shit you lucky dog, if it was 30 minutes earlier you most likely would've had a DUI, and I think I know who stopped you, and yes, you're correct in your descriptions of her.

TO PROTECT AND SERVE

Kudos to Mt. Olive Police! The police officer that pulled me over, quite possibly saved my life.

I take a ride out to Long Valley Brew Pub to refill the two growlers I have. I get there around 9pm-ish & recognize a few of the locals. I get the growlers filled & hang out for a couple of hours, eating, drinking & shooting the breeze with them.

11:15pm I figure I better boogie home since it’s still an hour ride. I pack the growlers in the tail bag & head out. Riding on Route 206, which is a two-lane road, there are a few cars ahead of me staggered within the two lanes. They’re moving kinda slow so I twist the throttle & snake through them. As a pull away from the pack of cars I just passed, I noticed in my rearview mirror another car pulling out of a driveway pretty quickly after me.

It’s a patrol car, I can recognize the light-bar on top of the roof. It paces me for a couple of miles then hits the strobes. I pull over immediately to the shoulder, shut the bike off, helmet off, gloves off & wait for the officer.

WOW – what a doll!!! She’s a petite 5’ (no more than 98lbs), long light brown hair in a tightly braided ponytail. She tells me shes’ pulled me over because I was speeding & asks to see my paperwork. I hand over the documentation & she says she understands how easy it is to move pretty quickly with a motorcycle.

She asks the usual questions: where your coming from, where are you going, have I been drinking… I tell her the truth & she says she needs to perform a few sobriety tests before she can let me go. I fail all 3 field sobriety tests, she handcuffs me & puts me in the back of her squad car. Another squad car arrives to wait for the tow truck to impound my bike.

We’re in the police station as she processes me – handcuffed to the bench but all the while I’m kinda smiling because I sneak looks at her (not trying to stare at her too much). She reminds me of an old girlfriend but in a much smaller package.

She reads to me out loud, some sort of documentation about ‘refusing the breathalyzer test’ – it’s a full page lengthy document & she reads it at 100mph sounding like one of those car commercials. As she reads it, I’m imagining her wearing a two-piece bikini…

She says: “Have you fully understood what I have just read you?”
I respond: “I do”
She says: “You’re not getting married so I’ll take that as a ‘yes’ ”

She then has me blow into the breathalyzer two times – I await anxiously for the results. When the report spits out it shows a BAC reading of 0.079

She says: “I’m not citing you for drunk driving but I’m giving you a ticket for reckless driving. You’re free to go since they round down, you did not hit 0.08 – I’m glad because you seem like a nice guy. Do you have anyone to call to pick you up? Since your bike is in impound, you will have to get it tomorrow morning”

I say: “No, I have no one to get me.”
She says: ”how about you stay at a local hotel overnight then walk to the impound in the morning for you bike, you will need to pay cash at the impound’
I say: “OK, I’ll do as you suggest”

She drives me to the local hotel, wishes me goodnight & roars off into the darkness.

I put the growlers into the hotel room fridge & go to sleep. During the night I’m dreaming she comes to my hotel room after her shift ends…no such luck. I wake up & start hoofing it a mile or so down 46 to the impound lot. Pay the impound & ride home.

Traffic court is 9/20 – I get to see her again, I’ll be sure to be wearing my Sunday Best. I wonder if I should invite her over to Long Valley brew pub afterwards…

fire83tug
08-25-2007, 04:00 AM
I just read this! Holy shit you lucky dog, if it was 30 minutes earlier you most likely would've had a DUI, and I think I know who stopped you, and yes, you're correct in your descriptions of her.

Big time lucky.

Her name is Jessica Groblewski. And yes she is hot.

And she rides (or did) a Harley 883. I believe she sold it.

And when I went riding with her she wore a white tank top and tight jeans. :nod2:

Best part of riding with her was being behind her. You know.....so we wouldn't get seperated and lost;) .
Second best thing, speeding when riding with cops is acceptable and encouraged.

Did I mention the white tank top?;) :P