PDA

View Full Version : My Beaverun Report: Sept 23 - 24

Qetesh
09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Beaverun is my most favorite track and I always feel like I ride my best there. Since selling my street bike and going long periods of time between track events, it takes me a little time to brush away the cobwebs and get comfortable in the saddle again.

We arrived Friday and dropped off at the track. We heard there could be some wet weather, but I was hoping and praying that we'd luck out and have sunny skies.

Get to the track Saturday morning and the rain is gone, but the track is wet. Okay, time to suck it up and ride, it's my last weekend. I don't have to like it, but I'll do it :lol: The first 2 sessions the pucker factor is at a + 10. I'm feeling uncomfortable and frustrated and even though the track is drying up I can't seem to put it together.

In the grid for the 3rd session of the morning I approached Dave, TPM Coach #277. I asked him if he would work with me, help me to relax a little. He has me grid up behind him and off we go. We start of nice and easy and have a great session. I'm feeling more comfortable. We go out again for the last session of the morning, and pick it up a little bit. At the end of the session, we chat a little bit after pitting in, and he gives me some pointers to work on in the sessions to come. After lunch, we head back out, the pace is spirited, for me, and I feel like I'm flying around the track. We're making some nice passes, working on the downhill line and entry speed for T10. Pit in at the end of the session and Dave tells me that i'm so close to getting my knee on the deck and my lap times came down too! I'm out of breath but have a huge smile on my face as I see the excitement on Dave's face and hear his positive words. I'm so close to planting my knee and he's bent on making sure I do!

The next 2 sessions working together were AWESOME! I feel like I'm in the zone, the track is flowing, my excitement is out of control and every time I apex thru 10 I'm thinking to myself I'm gonna make contact, finally put my pucks to use. It eludes me each session, but I get so close that Dave can barely see a sliver of light between my knee and the pavement!

The day is finished and I'm exhausted. I've used every muscle in my body, including my brain, and I'm shot. I'm wondering how I'm going to get my leg over the bike and ride Sunday :lol:

Come to find out, that it's even harder then I thought it would be to get back on the bike. Sunday morning comes, but the skies open up and drench the track. I sit out the first 2 sessions of the morning, partially waiting for the Aleve that I ate to kick in and partially because I'm waiting for the track to dry up a bit.

Finally, 3rd session, I head out with Donna in tow. It's her second day after successfully completing ART Basic. I show her my line for a couple laps then have her pass me so I can see her line. She looks comfortable, speed is good and she's having fun! A few laps in, Dave finds us and indicates to Donna that he wants to work with her, so I follow for another lap and pass them both to finish out the rest of the session. Rode the 1st session after lunch, but I'm so physically spanked from riding my ass off the day before with Dave that I'm struggling to keep my leg from bouncing on the pegs during body positioning. Go out in the next session, just taking it easy. Coming out of the double apex at the end of the 1st lap and about to throw it in for the kink at the top of the straight, when the rear feels like it's coming around. The winds were gusting pretty good in the afternoon and I got a good push under me. Scared the crap outta me!!! Experienced the same push coming down the back of the hill too. I slowed down and was gonna try to finish out the session, but I couldn't eek it out. I came in early and called it a day.

This was the best track weekend I've had all season. Working with Dave Saturday made it all that much better. His excitement and positive words influenced me to push myself beyond what I even thought I was capable of. I'm bummed that I didn't get my knee down this weekend, because it would of been a great way to end my track season, but I'm super proud of myself for getting that much closer!

Waking up this morning, I felt like I needed a walker. Now, late in the evening, I feel like I need a new body :lol: I can't believe how sore I am, but it's well worth it!

Big, HUGE thanks to Dave for spending so much time working with me Saturday. Thanks to TPM, for always putting on a safe and fun event and thanks to Joe for being my biggest fan trackside.

It was great to see the usual suspects and so much fun to finally be riding with Donna! Everyone looked great this weekend and no one was hurt! Can't wait to do it again next year!

Pictures to follow when the CD arrives!

High_Revs_17
09-25-2006, 10:25 PM
The "New York Slide" strikes again. ;)

Cakes206
09-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Excellent write up. Kutesh definitely stepped up her game this past w/e...and she definitely got the aches and pains, and the reduced chicken strips to prove it! Great job out there. Big thanks goes out to Dave for the excellent coaching.

Chris
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
I never seen you so pumped to ride before.Glad you had such a great weekend even in the rain.Maybe we should ask dave to attend all of your days so you can like other tracks as much as beaver.Great job,good seeing you again.

yetidave
09-26-2006, 08:25 PM
It's days like Saturday, working with people like Qetesh, that I can't get enough of. She did an amazing job of relaxing and pushing herself at the same time. And I'll always enjoy the memory of the little dance she'd do on the bike before throwing it into 10. :)
Nice work out there chick. I can't wait to work with you again.

CBRBob
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM
You just wanted to watch her butt for 15mins at a time......

yetidave
09-27-2006, 05:29 AM
You just wanted to watch her butt for 15mins at a time......

That was just one of the perks. :nod2:

Qetesh
09-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Ummm, yeah...don't forget...the butt watchin gig, that's a two way street ;) :lol:

BurnCycle
09-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Great write up :)

I know how your feeling. I'm still sore after my Monday track day and haven't ridden to work because I don't think I could get my leg over the seat. I couldn't imagine doing two track days in a row right now. :lol:

Cakes206
09-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Ummm, yeah...don't forget...the butt watchin gig, that's a two way street ;) :lol:
Oh Dave, work in red group so I can see too...CBRBob's hair is to long and Omar is too skinny for my liking.

CBRBob
09-27-2006, 10:47 AM
CBRBob's hair is to long

Jealous? :nuts:

AfricanBootyScratcher
09-27-2006, 11:01 AM
don't lie cakes, you love checking me out. that was a fun session we ran with smokin' joe
good times were had by all (except mack)

Mack
09-27-2006, 11:03 AM
hey now I had a good time till I was pushed out of my line at some rediculous speed. Hey I'm looking on the bright side...I'm getting a new track bike and putting the aprilia back on the street to be a commuter bike....everything works out in the end.

CBRBob
09-27-2006, 06:39 PM
....everything works out in the end.

:take_it: :leghump:

NYCSTRIPES
09-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Jen
I am glad you had a good weekend. If I remember correctly, last time we were all at Beaverun you had some problems with getting stuffed in the corners by other riders. Glad you had a better trip there this time.
Thanks for the dinner invite Sunday, the food at Bravo was very good. It was nice having dinner with you and Joe.
later
Ken

Qetesh
09-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey Jen
I am glad you had a good weekend. If I remember correctly, last time we were all at Beaverun you had some problems with getting stuffed in the corners by other riders. Glad you had a better trip there this time.
Thanks for the dinner invite Sunday, the food at Bravo was very good. It was nice having dinner with you and Joe.
later
Ken

There have definately been problems with inside passing in the past, but I'm happy to say that this time back, I held my line and didn't get spooked :nod2: The Coaching was excellent all weekend and that helped to make it a great experience for me!

It was great to have you and Dan for out to dinner! We had a great time. I'm sure if they hadn't qued the latin music we would have sat there all night talking :lol: We'll have to do it again in April '07 for sure!

yetidave
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh Dave, work in red group so I can see too...CBRBob's hair is to long and Omar is too skinny for my liking.

Hey, I was out there in red too for quite a few sessions this weekend. Smokin Joe and I had a nice little game of tag going for one session before we realized Glen was out there two up as well. :doh:

Qetesh
09-27-2006, 08:18 PM

You're just jealous that I have a nicer butt then you do ;) :lol:

yetidave
09-27-2006, 08:27 PM

True dat!

JasonB
09-27-2006, 08:36 PM
That she does...;) ;) :roflmao:
Joe you like that right...:roflmao: