PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/ my 250 Engine

Shelly
09-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Ok, I'm not gunnew tell the whole story here cuz I'd be here all day. I've talked to at least 5 diff. people to get input/advice and got a decent idea of what I need.

This is what I need: someone who knows and works on 250 engines like back of their hand. I'm too chicken shit (as Lurker phrased it) and I know I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as I need to be to do this solo. I need someone to help me double check my timing to ensure it's correct (or adjust) as well as adjust my valves.

I don't have a ton of $$ and/or it's not worth it to shell out takin' it to Ron, oh and figuring out how the f* to get it up there too. I can give whoever helps me some $$ though...that can be worked out.

pros: I got both manuals, majority of tools i need, beer n food :)
cons: no means to transport bike anywhere, need the tool for measuring valves, only have shed (no garage), it's gettin friggin' cold too quick.

PM me you're info. or anyone else's who you think could help me out. please don't ask me for details unless you're offering to help me out. I'm exhausted tellin' peeps who just want to know but don't offer to help. I got a good handle on what my options are at this point. This is my one last shot to try to get it on road, if no luck then I'll figure out my next path.

gottaducati
09-23-2006, 10:24 AM
stop whining and take the bike to the dealership..whatever it costs is worth being back on the road.

lu380
09-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Shel,

Have you considered buying an engine from Ebay? I see them all the time for about $300.

Shelly
09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
LOL..hey duc's--i only paid $1400 for my 250. why waste upto 50% of what I paid into my engine when I can 1) save what I can to upgrade or 2) get a little help (and pay some $$) for 1 last shot to get it up and running. If it turns out to be more issues then what I thought then I'll forego pouring anymore $$ into it, cut my losses and just upgrade when I can swing it.

Unless of course you wanna foot the bill for me ;)
You can send a check made out to.....and to this addy.....haha...

stop whining and take the bike to the dealership..whatever it costs is worth being back on the road.