PDA

View Full Version : county route 650

Kracker
09-14-2006, 04:56 PM
just to let you guys know cr 650 is now open:nod2: ........a stretch of it will be getting paved in a couple of weeks but shouldnt be closed for it....ride safe:ride:

opinion914
09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
damn that was quick, i went thru the cones and saw there was a bridge out, but still crossable and that was just 2 weeks ago.

Ant
09-14-2006, 06:21 PM
650 is a bad road. A lot of us lost someone really close to us on that road. Be safe out there.

High_Revs_17
09-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Warning: 650 can cause severe puckering of a certain body part. :moocow:

Cakes206
09-14-2006, 06:28 PM
650 is a bad road. A lot of us lost someone really close to us on that road. Be safe out there.
I'll never forget that phone call :(

Kennedy
09-14-2006, 07:32 PM
I've ridden 650 many times, and no disrespect to anyone here, but what is the big deal? If you aren't pushing it like an asshole then you should have nothing to worry about. 650 is the same as any other road out there. Similiar because any road will kill you.

Cakes206
09-14-2006, 08:16 PM
I've ridden 650 many times, and no disrespect to anyone here, but what is the big deal? If you aren't pushing it like an asshole then you should have nothing to worry about. 650 is the same as any other road out there. Similiar because any road will kill you.

To say its just like any other road, well you're right, it is, to you and the rest of the world, but to some its where a friend was killed. So you can see why to some how that road could be "different."

Accidents happen, even when you're not "pushing it like an asshole." Wrong choice of words dude.

pillaka
09-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I've ridden 650 a few times also back in 04. But a lot of turns on that road can suck you in, there are a couple decreasing radius turns on that road, and a few on them are blind. Luckily I remembered to push on the bars more. Additionally that road also made me examine my riding more on public roads, when I go around a turn going about 80, and pass a blind driveway, I thought, at least twice a day someone either pulls out or in to this driveway.....

Kennedy
09-14-2006, 09:20 PM
To say its just like any other road, well you're right, it is, to you and the rest of the world, but to some its where a friend was killed. So you can see why to some how that road could be "different."

Accidents happen, even when you're not "pushing it like an asshole." Wrong choice of words dude.

I've ridden 650 many times, and no disrespect to anyone here

I put those words in for a reason because I also know/knew the people who have been killed or crashed there. And believe me I know accidents happen when you aren't pushing it like an asshole, it has happened to me. But to say the least I do understand the reasoning behind the "bad road' Logic. Sorry if Offended anyone I guess my point came across misconstrued. It should have been more on the lines of letting things get to your head can also make you have bad decisions. But we have to remember that there are still people out there who use this road as their own public track and these were the assholes I was refering to.

SAXON117
09-14-2006, 09:28 PM
damn that was quick, i went thru the cones and saw there was a bridge out, but still crossable and that was just 2 weeks ago.

my buddy and me were on it two weeks ago and kept passing through the cones until we hit the large baracade. it was the friday before the Laborday weekend so we turned around and cut over sawmill road, had that bad feeling the piggies were down be the work going on and didn't want to get a ticket:P i love that road

oh and RIP to you friend

Marker54
09-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Where is this located?

Rev
09-15-2006, 02:03 PM
i crashed on that road =(

SAXON117
09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
i crashed on that road =(

where on the road did you spill?

ffejtable
09-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Where is this located?

sussex county, runs right into/around high point state park...

Kracker
09-17-2006, 12:07 PM
wow...i live on cr 650(since 1978)...guess i have gotten used to it....didnt realize that road was a big deal...sure there r some goofy turns but.....R.I.P. to those who have died on that road.......have u guys been on cr 651 ...newly paved ...theres a turn on that road that i have seen take 8 or 9 peeps out....nobody pays attention to the 15mph sign posted before it though..ahhh i love sussex county roads... i'll keep u guys posted on the paving for the upper part of 650

MrQuickR1
09-28-2006, 02:19 PM
It's not the road.....it's the rider!