PDA

View Full Version : Dual Headlight Mod in a CBR600rr - anyone knows HOW TO?

d3L
09-09-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one that is bothered by a single beam.
My bike is all stock and I'm not really a mod type, but the lights is one thing I could do as long as it's done in a factory-stock manner. If I do this will this affect my warranty? Do you think it makes sense to go to the dealers and have them do it to protect the warranty? Would anyone of you be able to write a how-to thread like that? This is concerning a 06 cbr 600rr.
Any advice, comments, suggestions greatly appreciated!

I found this thread, but I'm not sure how well applicable would it be for a cbr:
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/35094.aspx

Have a great weekend!

CBRBob
09-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Yes, I know how to have both sides on. Its VERY inexpensive and you already have the parts. Go out to your bike, start it up with the low beam on, see just one side on? No sit on the bike, look at the left handlebar, see the high/low beam switch? Flip it to high beam. Viola! Both sides light up.

You bought a bike that has one beam, there is no wiring mod to do anything other than have the high beam on and the pattern is totally different than the low beam side so you cant just aim the high beam side lower. Both bulbs are the same wattage so basically you have to live with it. The only other thing is to cut up the headlight housings and epoxy in all new, same shaped reflector housings from some other bike that somehow fits that takes bulbs that have hight and low in the same bulb (such as a H4 bulb). Sorry dude, plenty of people ask this after they buy the bike.

Kennedy
09-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I ride with my highbeam on AT ALL TIMES

High_Revs_17
09-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Yes, I know how to have both sides on. Its VERY inexpensive and you already have the parts. Go out to your bike, start it up with the low beam on, see just one side on? No sit on the bike, look at the left handlebar, see the high/low beam switch? Flip it to high beam. Viola! Both sides light up.

You bought a bike that has one beam, there is no wiring mod to do anything other than have the high beam on and the pattern is totally different than the low beam side so you cant just aim the high beam side lower. Both bulbs are the same wattage so basically you have to live with it. The only other thing is to cut up the headlight housings and epoxy in all new, same shaped reflector housings from some other bike that somehow fits that takes bulbs that have hight and low in the same bulb (such as a H4 bulb). Sorry dude, plenty of people ask this after they buy the bike.

State Inspector: "They're blue!"

CBRBob: "Like hell they are?!"

shadoxkila
09-11-2006, 03:59 PM

holy shit....your a genius!!!! just kiddin, that was funny as hell though

Rev
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
yeah..i ride with highs day and night...

FigNewTon
09-13-2006, 11:54 AM
http://www.veiligmotorrijden.com/

Take a look on 600rr.net and 1000rr.net. This topic has been covered extensively on both sites.

d3L
09-29-2006, 08:43 AM
http://www.veiligmotorrijden.com/

Take a look on 600rr.net and 1000rr.net. This topic has been covered extensively on both sites.

Yup. I guess that's a way to go with that dutch package. Maybe it will be my next spring mod :)

Thanks for all your comments, guys!

CBRBob
09-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Just so you know, The beam will still be a 'high beam' pattern and the bike will still look unbalanced.......

d3L
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Yah, kinda. But..
1) technically high beam mode is always unbalanced anyways, since only one beam is high. Modified low beam will match the pattern :)
2) with the headlight mod there's no more "your light is out"
3) in fact, the bike is always in motion when the headlights are in use (unless someone likes to flash his garage doors), so the issue with lack of balance is of little meaning I think, since no-one will ever be there right in front of the moving bike to compare (except those inclined to suicide).
4) unbalance look is better than cyclop look
5) Honda fucked up with the single beam idea

CBRBob
10-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Yah, kinda. But..
1) technically high beam mode is always unbalanced anyways, since only one beam is high. Modified low beam will match the pattern :)
2) with the headlight mod there's no more "your light is out"
3) in fact, the bike is always in motion when the headlights are in use (unless someone likes to flash his garage doors), so the issue with lack of balance is of little meaning I think, since no-one will ever be there right in front of the moving bike to compare (except those inclined to suicide).
4) unbalance look is better than cyclop look
5) Honda fucked up with the single beam idea

So did all the others. Oh well, you bought a fucked up bike. :moocow: Now you will get, "Hey, one light is dimmer than the other..." :nopity:

causef0rconcern
10-15-2006, 08:31 PM
i guess i'm the only who likes my cyclops bike?

i've got the 00 gsxr 750 and i get the "you have a headlight out" all the time. i just tell them to look real close, and as they press their faces against my front end, i flip on the high switch.

but i usually toggle my high beam on and off depending on my mood. when im in traffic, or i move up in the highway and come up behind/pass a new "cluster" of cars, i just flick it on and off a few times and then leave it on so everyone knows im there. but i do sort of like the look of the one "out" for some reason. is it just zook and honda who did that?

CBRBob
10-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Kawis, Ducs..........

SPRHK
11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey.............yeah you..........you got a headlight out.:moocow:

SAXON117
11-29-2006, 05:14 PM
padiddle

sonny
11-29-2006, 08:30 PM
my 02 gsxr rides with both headlights on low and high..

I usually stay with high beams on all day / evening. at night however i cant ride with highbeam, they are too bright
HIDZ baby