PDA

View Full Version : first track day

benellis
07-12-2005, 09:09 PM
new to the site. Started riding a year ago and fell in love right off the bat. I quickly realized it wasn't like riding a pedal bike and that there is a lot of skill that goes into it. I want to be a good rider, anyone can jump on a bike and take it for a spin, but I have the desire to do more than that. Got hooked up with Team Pro-Motion through Omar at Monmouth cycles, and really went on a spending spree to get all the gear and means of getting to the track. Everyone at work thinks I'm crazy, but after doing my first track day, I knew I found something awesome, something I wish I could share with everyone. My mom came along, I wished she could be on the bike too.
I really felt comfortable from the start. The people in the club, riders and coaches, were all friendly and quite professional. I knew I was going to have a blast. The way Team Pro-Motion is set up, I wasn't nervous getting on the track. ART Basic was cool, no pressure, and actually fun, until the first of the white group guys blew past us at 150 mph! As the day went, the fun level kept rising. The first session us Basic students had without coach Sink was pretty much a free for all. Everyone was just going for it. Bunching up in the turns and riding on top of eachother, I'm glad it got better throughout the day. Coach Sink and Coach Gallo really helped me on my technique and thought process, and I can say with confidence that I am truly a better, smoother, smarter rider today because of that. I can't wait to practice again at my next track day!

Jimmy
07-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Awesome! Congratulations :highfive:

:worship: to your mom!

DougZ
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Ben

Welcome to SBA. Glad you liked that track day so much. We all had fun hanging with ya too.

I am pretty sure your gonna be pretty fast on the track...draggin knee first track day, with a Katana no less.......good start....I'll say that.

Qetesh
07-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Hiiiiii Ben :wave2: Welcome to the site!

You can't go wrong riding with TPM! Great club ;) When is your next track day?

BTW, props and mad respect to your Mom for chilling at the track with you :worship:

FigNewTon
07-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the site

Vin
07-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey there, welcome to the site!

Cakes206
07-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Was awesome meeting you Ben...glad you had a great time...just by the few minutes we spent shootin the shit I know you have a good/smart head on yer shoulders...if you have any other question feel free to ask...plenty of us here willing to lend some advice...See ya out there...

Joe

CBRBob
07-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Glad you had a good time Ben, now learn to put your bike in the bed of the truck instead of on that wobbly hitch carrier LOL!

benellis
07-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for reading my thread, and for the support. You know getting involved in any sport is not all about going through the motions and winning and losing. I've learned through school and playing that it's the people that you're with that make it happen, and make it fun. I would like to do Pocono on the 29th, we'll see how busy we are at work, but I know I can't just sit around dreaming of track days, I plan to make it out a few more times this year. :nod2:

jp182
07-13-2005, 09:33 PM
that's awesome man. Let me know if you go to the Pocono's on the 29th. Me and 2 of my friends are going.

It should be a blast :)

DougZ
07-14-2005, 08:21 AM
I'll be at Poconco on August 27th....got a buddy that is doing the Art Basic.

Taz
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
welcome to the site! :wave2:

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey Ben,
Glad you came along and enjoyed it (I told you you would have the time of your life), let me know when you wanna go back out!

njf4i
07-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the site ben.

It sounds like you had an awesome time at the track. To bad you purchased your stuff from Omar. :lol: