PDA

View Full Version : VIR North 9/4

pillaka
09-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Went down this past sunday down to VA to do a TPM GP Premier event on labor day. Weather turned out to be great. Trip was kinda eventful, discovered sunday morning loading up my trailer that I stripped the oil pan around the drain bolt and my bike was leaking oil. Tried to fix it but messed it up even more! :doh: Almost didn't go...

Gave my friend sean a call and he lent me his 05 gsxr 1k. So I took that! :) Bike is bone stock, just supercorsas, yosh slip on, and gp composites bodywork. Went down with Bobby (TPM Coach), and Brian (Bowler of the year). Bobby wound up crashing in the morning and breaking 3 ribs and went to the hospital. I was guest coaching in the morning for the first time which was pretty fun. I led some white/red riders around and they had a blast! After a few sessions I felt pretty good on sean's bike and found it pretty easy to ride. Brakes were stock though so I would get some fade after 5 - 6 laps. Did the GP Unlimited race (4th place) and Dash for Cash (5th place).

Link (http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=26958)

Found out I demolished my old VIR lap record consistenly by 3 seconds. I was running 1:38's in the first race. 2nd race I felt I was running even better, Dafan said I prob was doing 1:37's. But whatever I did it felt good to run at the pace I did and not really feel like I was pushing myself, because the bike wasn't mine and I wanted to bring it home in one piece! I got some pics too!

Cakes206
09-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Damn dude, sick. Congrats on the guest coachin, awesome. Sucks about your bike, very nice of Sean to lend you his bike :nod2:

Chris
09-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Went down this past sunday down to VA to do a TPM GP Premier event on labor day. Weather turned out to be great. Trip was kinda eventful, discovered sunday morning loading up my trailer that I stripped the oil pan around the drain bolt and my bike was leaking oil. Tried to fix it but messed it up even more! :doh: Almost didn't go...

Gave my friend sean a call and he lent me his 05 gsxr 1k. So I took that! :) Bike is bone stock, just supercorsas, yosh slip on, and gp composites bodywork. Went down with Bobby (TPM Coach), and Brian (Bowler of the year). Bobby wound up crashing in the morning and breaking 3 ribs and went to the hospital. I was guest coaching in the morning for the first time which was pretty fun. I led some white/red riders around and they had a blast! After a few sessions I felt pretty good on sean's bike and found it pretty easy to ride. Brakes were stock though so I would get some fade after 5 - 6 laps. Did the GP Unlimited race (4th place) and Dash for Cash (5th place).

Link (http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=26958)

Found out I demolished my old VIR lap record consistenly by 3 seconds. I was running 1:38's in the first race. 2nd race I felt I was running even better, Dafan said I prob was doing 1:37's. But whatever I did it felt good to run at the pace I did and not really feel like I was pushing myself, because the bike wasn't mine and I wanted to bring it home in one piece! I got some pics too!

Awesome job!Were there alot of peolp there?1.38 thats moving.

Qetesh
09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Damn Crispy :wow: Congrats! Your pics are awesome! You're an ANIMAL!!!

pillaka
09-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Awesome job!Were there alot of peolp there?1.38 thats moving.

Not at all, they combined red/white groups, maybe 20 guys total in that group, prob about 30 in blue. Pits were pretty empty, when you went out on the track you'd be lucky to see another guy. After the races were over it was a green track for the next 2 hours, maybe 2 - 3 guys out at a time. I went out and messed with john stevens on his SV, then bill sink came along and I mixed it up with him.

Cakes206
09-07-2006, 09:16 PM
then bill sink came along and I mixed it up with him.
That musta been some fun, Bill Sink is nasty...

RCM78
09-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Nice pics!!!
I wanna see some elbow draggin next time ok...

FigNewTon
09-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Great pics and some damn quick lap times