PDA

View Full Version : My first track day! Pocono West (8/26)

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Had my first track day with TPM at Pocono West this past Saturday (8/26). It rainy, miserable, and foggy, but it was an absolutely amazing experience! :)

The TPM coaches and the people at the track day were so friendly. I loved the atmosphere. (Maybe they were just friendly cuz I was there with Shamster's wife, and 2 females at a track day together are just too hard to resist! lol jk) But yea it was a great time. We took ART basic and Bill was really helpful. The other coaches were also extremely helpful and encouraging when it came to individual feedback and constructive criticism. Julie, Mark, Joe, and Bill were great. I love Julie, she is a sweetheart!

I especially liked the fact that the mirrors were taken off and I could focus 100% on riding and the turns and what was ahead of me. The controlled environment was such a different feeling. No worries about anything, just riding. It was great, and definitely addictive.

I also liked that I was able to practice body positioning and turns without feeling stupid. I never did body positioning or shifted off my bike on the street because I felt stupid doing it, especially since I don't go that fast on the street. Lol. So the track was a good chance for me to feel it out.

Anyway here are some pictures, don't laugh at my noob body positioning or at the ugly suit that I rented from TPM! lol...I'm working on both!!

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4133/21au1370zc2.jpg

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2876/21au1372cz4.jpg

my baby
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/797/dsc00748hf4.jpg

sham's wife and i ride the same bike..look how cute our babies are on the trailer (couldn't take a non-blurry pic from our car)
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3451/dsc00757gl9.jpg

shamster
08-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Good job, both of you! You girls did great out there for your first time. Hope you learned a lot and had a blast. I know Chialin did for sure. She hates the streets now.

Many thanks to Dennis (aka Scrappy), for lending us the trailer and helping us setup the night before. Because of your help, the day went so much smoother, so much appreciation for that!

And to the a-hole who stuffed it in the inside of Chialin's turn...hahahaha...you got what you deserved! (some guy passed my wife on the inside, which is a big no no in the white group...he tried doing this to someone else later on and crashed). I normally don't like to take pleasure in someone else's misfortunate, but in this case, he got what you deserved.

Here's a pic of Chialin in one of the afternoon sessions...
http://www.rdphoto.fatcow.com/TPM/Aug26/WHITEII/images/21AU1312.jpg

Again, good job to you both. Based on what I saw and what I heard the coaches telling you, both of you were very precise and really did everything correctly. And just remember, you did all that when it was wet and rainy out. Imagine what you can do if the conditions were better. Hope to see you at more track events in the future!

Shelly
08-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Damn...great to hear about your first experience on track!!! ;) I'll be out there with ya one of these days when I'm feelin' the itch and feel ready for it. Really lookin' forward to it. Sweet Ninja and good choice, BTW :P
~Shel

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 11:44 AM
we should totally go again together.

your ride isn't bad either!! ;)

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM
And to the a-hole who stuffed it in the inside of Chialin's turn...hahahaha...you got what you deserved! (some guy passed my wife on the inside, which is a big no no in the white group...he tried doing this to someone else later on and crashed). I normally don't like to take pleasure in someone else's misfortunate, but in this case, he got what you deserved.

LOL...terrible ;) :lol:

High_Revs_17
08-28-2006, 11:57 AM
It's about time I've seen someone put a K-250 on the track. Given the correct suspension setup, that little bike can move...great job!

shamster
08-28-2006, 11:58 AM
LOL...terrible ;) :lol:

Well, hey, not as terrible as what that guy did. At first, I was of course concerned for the person (especially since they red flagged the rest of you and the ambulence went out for him). But after hearing he was ok for the most part, and then finding out who it was, I couldn't help but smile. F that guy!

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 12:02 PM
It's about time I've seen someone put a K-250 on the track. Given the correct suspension setup, that little bike can move...great job!

lol thanks..we brought two identical ninjettes to the track that day. haha. pretty funny. one of the coaches (mark) had a ninja 500, and chialin and i happened to be lined up behind him with our 250s. and someone cracked a joke saying it was like the mother duck leading 2 baby ducklings! LOL. :nod2:

Cakes206
08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Excellent! Happy you both had positive experienced despite the weather. Bill Sink is a great coach. Welcome to your new addiction :nod2:

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Well, hey, not as terrible as what that guy did. At first, I was of course concerned for the person (especially since they red flagged the rest of you and the ambulence went out for him). But after hearing he was ok for the most part, and then finding out who it was, I couldn't help but smile. F that guy!

yea there were several lowsides that day, i think about 4! and they all happened in the second to last session, I guess it started getting colder and wetter, and people started pushing themselves too hard. thankfully everyone was okay. can't say the same for their bikes though. :doh:

Shelly
08-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that would be great!.....Would be cool to have another female for comraderie and/or maybe even some "mentoring" :) It's gunnew be awhile til I'm ready to get on track though, by then I will most likely have an upgrade...the 250 is definately very easy to manipulate, just hopin' whatever I upgrade to is also the same...guess we'll see.

I'll be goin to watch a trackday though so I'm looking forward to doin that and learning as much as I can until I actually do it....

we should totally go again together.

your ride isn't bad either!! ;)

CBRBob
08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
You two looked good out there all day. You were pitted just down from me (Coach #29). I am glad you had fun and a safe day!

See you all again!

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 12:26 PM
ah! didn't get a chance to meet you bob! maybe next time! :)

DSH
08-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Congrats on your first trackday!

Rev
08-28-2006, 12:52 PM
you girls are hot... :leghump: lmfao..jk..but that's cool that you guys had a good time..i cant wait to see my girl ripping up the track....i love her..

High_Revs_17
08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
i cant wait to see my girl ripping up the track....

How about saying: "I can't wait to rip up the track with my girl", unless you plan on being the umbrella boy for her after every session.

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 01:33 PM
How about saying: "I can't wait to rip up the track with my girl", unless you plan on being the umbrella boy for her after every session.

hey i want an umbrella boy! :) a sexy one please! any offers? :roflmao: :lol:

PitsVtec
08-28-2006, 01:33 PM

Play nice...LOL!

RCM78
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
You two looked good out there all day.

Ha, I'll bet you say that to everyone...:nod2: :roflmao:

High_Revs_17
08-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Ha, I'll bet you say that to everyone...:nod2: :roflmao:

Those were his exact words shortly after one of the students dropped a bike during the MSF practice session. :lol:

Rev
08-28-2006, 02:27 PM

lmfao..i don't think you would like me in a thong Mr. Ronny poo

EuniceEstelle
08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Those were his exact words shortly after one of the students dropped a bike during the MSF practice session. :lol:

hahaha good stuff!:roflmao:

ronin_01r1
08-28-2006, 03:34 PM
awesome to see girls riding at the track. congrats on a successful first trackday.

lu380
08-28-2006, 08:21 PM
awesome to see girls riding at the track. congrats on a successful first trackday.

Song,

I completely forgot about your trackday last weekend. Did Bill wind up going?

NYCSTRIPES
08-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Glad you gals enjoyed yourselves. Considering the weather, you were definitely troopers about it. My girlfriend liked the size of the bikes you were riding. She's excited to try this sport next spring.
Ken

JasonB
08-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Glad you had fun out there for your first time on the track, in the rain no less.

ronin_01r1
08-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Song,

I completely forgot about your trackday last weekend. Did Bill wind up going?

yup. he was coming off work from night shift and the weather didn't look so hot so he drove up and hung out with us most of the day.

that yaris must've have taken over your mind. :lol: