PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Run 8/12-14 w/e Report w/TPM**Pics Added**

Cakes206
08-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Little late on posting this up, was hoping to have the other pics but I'll post them at a later time when they come in.

What can I say, it was an absolute perfect w/e. Sunny, 80, not a cloud in the sky, not much humidity, made for excellent riding weather. I originally was signed up to ride all three days in the red group. A few days before the event, I got the email looking for guest coaching, how could I pass this up. Was a little nerve racking at first, as a coach, you're representing the club, just didn't wan't to disappoint. First two days I was assigned to the white group. It took me about 1/2 a day to adjust my riding style, from riding my own pace for me in red, to now having to ride other riders paces for white. But was able to adjust and sort it out after lunch. During the day on Sat, I'm riding in white, watching a few of the riders, taking mental notes here and there when all of a sudden, some dude on a Hawk goes flying by like no ones business, lol. At first I go :wtf: then make the move to go and follow. He had excellent control, great lines, great body position, but got to the fish hook and had a lil trouble. T10 is a double apex turn, which definitely needs to be taken as a double apex, make it one sweeping turn and eventually the edge of the tire can/will give out on you. After the session, explained that to him, said if he could clean up that turn, he'd be bumped to red. Go out next session, showed him on the first lap, waved him by, and he nailed it from then on in. After the session I was glad to bump him up to red. Great feeling to see someone take the advice in which I was once tought apply it. Also got a chance to work with Tommymac, who by Sunday got the bump to Red group as well, congratz man. Sunday I was stating to get some feedback from the tires, telling me hey I need to be changed(these were the same ties from the beginning of the season so yea, I got my $$$ worth.) Had the spare rims with fresh meat on em so at lunch Chris hooked me up and we swapped em out. In all I bumped up 4 well deserved riders to Red. On Sunday I had a little mishap and ended up surveying the land to check out the grass/dirt ratio out past T10 :lol: Monday I was assigned to the Red group. I have to say, the Red group at this event was a real fast group, they really made me work, lol. All in all was a great w/e, also was great to ride in white group again with Qetesh and see how much shes progressed :nod2: Was also great hanging with all of my friends from SBA, CBRBob, Rita, Southpaw, Chris, Gino, Jimmy, Donna, Ray, Jude, Tommy, Bobby, Smokes(sorry bout yer mishap bro), Brian, Sean, Ellen, Omar, and anyone else I might of forgotten. Also got a chance to meet alot of new people too. Oh, thanks again to omar for helping me clean up my line in 8, helped out bigtime.

Coach Cakes :lol:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/lawnmowerman.jpg

Pic1- CBRBob and Sean's bikes.
Pic2- Mine and Qetesh's bikes
Pic3- Bobby's bike.
Pic4- Omar...Chooo Chooo :lol:
Pic5- CBRBob
Pic6- Southpaw's Pit
Pic7- Southpaw's Bike... :whistle:
Pic8- My sv

More pics to come.

Cakes206
08-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Pic1- My new, um...plate? :lol:
Pic2- CBRBob and Qetesh's bikes.
Pic3- Smokes is a big bastid.
Pic4- There are no words...
Pic5- Bently in the paddock.

Once my CD comes in I'll post the pro pics.

tommymac
08-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Man and I thought I was bad with putting up ride reports:roflmao: Again thanx for the help in getting bumped. I was alway the one who hated asking for help ( with prety much everything) and figured I would just be noticed and get bumped the way some others have but between the traffic and seeing some buddies I know were at the same level as me I knew i had to speak up. I will def be bugging coaches a lot more since I am now the little fish in the big pond, and I need to shave off 10 to 12 seconds a lap to be able to chase Jimmy and the blue group guys;)

Tom

AfricanBootyScratcher
08-18-2006, 08:14 PM
correction 1st pic in 1st post
that's brian's (pillaka, stiffy, crispy, or whatever we're calling him now) bike infront of bob's

JasonB
08-18-2006, 10:37 PM
I miss hanging wit you guys..

But glad that you all had fun

IrocRob
08-19-2006, 12:25 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/ginoe/lawnmowerman.jpg

Well done Joe - Congrats!

Kennedy
08-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Great write up Joe, hopefully we can get out there together before the season ends.

NYCSTRIPES
08-19-2006, 02:52 AM
Awseome write up Joe. As a firearms instructor, I definitely understand your enthusiasm to help those who need the help. Way to go, helping the newer riders gain the knowledge to ride smarter and better. Bumping up riders who deserve the bump must also be somethig great too.

As for Jen's bodyworki, let me know if she wants to paint them..I've got the gear here.
Ken

Chris
08-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Maybe next time you can work with me a bit.:lol:

Qetesh
08-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Awseome write up Joe. As a firearms instructor, I definitely understand your enthusiasm to help those who need the help. Way to go, helping the newer riders gain the knowledge to ride smarter and better. Bumping up riders who deserve the bump must also be somethig great too.

As for Jen's bodyworki, let me know if she wants to paint them..I've got the gear here.
Ken

I would love it! Shoot me a PM with the specifics! Thanks!!!

bobbydigital04
08-20-2006, 11:16 PM
very flattering shot of my bike, even better review, check mine out

Ant
08-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Smokes has to be one of the largest human beings on the planet.

Cakes206
09-07-2006, 08:02 PM
More pics! Had to reduce the size obviously, but the originals look amazing, Ray from SB Image did an excellent job. Kuhtesh tearin it up out there, w00t!

Cakes206
09-07-2006, 08:03 PM

John712
09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
there i am, right behind Jen to :D:D

FigNewTon
09-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Nice write up Joe...I hate being so damn far from you guys