PDA

View Full Version : Fu*k Sears

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 11:16 PM
The one in Willowbrook mall...went there today to pick up a new air tank...the one I had was to big(11 gal) so I sold it and wanted to pick up the Craftsman 5 gal tank. So I go there on lunch break...see the one on display but no more in any boxes around...so I ask one the guys thats there for help...older guy, not some punk kid, so he seemed like he could help...
[start rant]
Me: Hows it goin...would you happen to know if you have any more of these(point to tank) anywhere...I don't see any around.
Him: Nope, all sold out.
Me: hmm...really?
Him: Yep.
Me: Any idea when more would be in?
Him: Bout 2 weeks.
Me: Hmm...Can I buy the display?
Him: Nope...we don't sell the display stuff...only if it was on closeout.
Me: Damn, is it possible to maybe call up another Sears, see if they have it and I'll go pick it up? (In the middle of my sentence he starts to shake his head no)
Him: We're the biggest Sears aroun, if we're out, they're out...so it wouldn't be worth it.
Me: Really? Hmm...So I mean it's worth a shot no? Possible there could be ONE somewhere within reasonable distance.
Him: Well, if I call, they'll just put me on hold and I'll just be waiting the whole time. (I can see this old geezer wasn't gonna help) But trust me, we're the biggest around...other stores will get about 5 and we get like 20 and we're sold out.
Me: Ok...I'LL keep looking...thanks...

So I go back to work...go to the Sears site...see the tank I need, click on it and it says there are none available...so i though well maybe....just maybe he was right...

After work I decided to head up to the Rockaway Mall Sears anyway. On the way was a Home Depot(in Fairfeild) so I stoped in just to make sure they didn't have the one(or similar) I was lookin for...they didn't. Then I remembered there was a Sears Appliance and Hardware store right down the road from HD...head over there...look to where the compressors are...don't see it...so I ask anyway...couldn't hurt...

Me: Sxcuse me...I'm looking for the 5 gallon air tank...not the compressor...just the tank...I don't see it...(as I'm asking hes walking towards an asle)
Me: Did I miss it?
Him: You...here they are right here(as he points to them)
Me: Wow...thanks a bunch man...then I told him what happened...
Him: Amazing.
Me: I should buy the other one and bring it to Willowbrook for them.
The guy laughed...
Me: Thanks again...

Pay and leave...

So F that lazy M F'er in Willowbrook...cock sucker...lease I didn't have to go all the way to Rockaway...

Here the tank I needed and picked up...and yes I'm hotlinking off their site...F em

http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/009/15200/00915200000-190.jpg

:rantoff:

carl_g
07-06-2005, 11:20 PM
this is for track days right?
Just use a bicycle pump.. it is cheaper, smaller and doesn't need to be refilled! :)

CBRBob
07-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Joe, FYI, I put on a short hose with a regular chuck on it for Rita and then filled it to 90psi. She now has air for the whole summer in her shed. Thanks!

Cakes206
07-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Joe, FYI, I put on a short hose with a regular chuck on it for Rita and then filled it to 90psi. She now has air for the whole summer in her shed. Thanks!

Cool deal...glad it work out for her :biggthump

Mike295
07-07-2005, 08:53 AM
dude thats awsome... sounds like a story from me :)

Vin
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Where's the link to the parody story?

Cakes206
07-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Where's the link to the parody story?

Waiting for E=mcsquaredtothetenthpowerofpie? to log on.