PDA

View Full Version : Group Ride to High Point Saturday 8/19

ambitious1
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Here's the plan:

We meet at exit 19 off of rt. 80 at the shell station (to the right off exit) at 10am. stands up at 10:30. We then take the back roads through Allamuchy and Stillwater. After going through these twisties for about 1 hr. We'll end up in High Point, NJ. We'll stop for drinks/break, and then continue into NY state and tear up the some really nice roads (high speed sweepers and such). We'll eventually end up swinging around and stopping at Hawks Nest. From there we'll head back into Sussex county and continue to hit some of the best roads North Jersey has to offer. People can either take off down Rt. 23 towards home or continue to take back roads that will lead back to the meeting spot.

Ride will be somewhere around 150 miles.
Pace will be moderate/spirited.
The group will be well organized w/ faster riders in front, slower riders in rear and a sweeper. We'll wait for everyone at stop signs.

As of right now, the weather is supposed to be beautiful for Saturday, so lets get some participation and make this a ride to remember!!!

EuniceEstelle
08-17-2006, 09:58 AM
hey tim, sorry can't make it this run...but we'll be up at bear mtn on sunday, if you don't have plans for that day yet.

you know all the good roads though!! hope to ride with you again soon.

dont worry i wont do any 'accidental' wheelies this time. maybe i shouldn't upgrade from my 250 anytime soon, or i might be doing accidental 12 o' clocks! haha.

shamster
08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Don't mean to sound like a broken record again, but please be careful if you ride up to High Point. Not only cause I'm sure cops are all over that place now, but for your own safety.
It really is best to keep the "spirited" riding to the track.

ambitious1
08-18-2006, 05:42 PM
spirited isn't tooooooo bad!! i appreciate your concern, and understand what you're truely implying! ;)

SAXON117
08-18-2006, 09:08 PM
spirited isn't tooooooo bad!! i appreciate your concern, and understand what you're truely implying! ;)

love that chart!

ambitious1
08-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Well here are some pics...you guys missed an awesome ride!!!

SAXON117
08-19-2006, 06:04 PM
good day for a ride earlier, you had a good turnout! I went out but it was just to go change the oil. Let's hope it is nice tomorrow

kneedragger
08-19-2006, 08:48 PM
yeah that was a good turn out. when i went to find you guys i rolled past KFC and i was like wtf? where did all the bikes come from. i think i recognized franks 675 and jasons triple first. than i saw your r6 and knew i found the right group of people. ashame you cant really do anymore weekends ambitious. until next year. . . .

ambitious1
08-19-2006, 09:06 PM
ahhhhhh don't say that! it makes me so sad!!! i'm sure you guys will set up something i wont be able to refuse. i don't think this will be the last you see of me this year!! shit man, we'll be riding tomorrow!

ambitious1
08-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey eunice, sorry you couldn't make the ride. i think i saw you when we were coming down the front of HP, you were coming up. I'm pretty sure Omar was right on ur ass! Hopefully you guys a nice day up there, we sure did!

EuniceEstelle
08-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Lol tim, too bad you didn't see me ride omar's bike on the way back on High Point! He said i looked tiny on his bike. would have been a funny sight!

oh, i remember passing a bunch of you guys, but didn't realize it was y'all. all the guys look the same on the bikes to me, haha. frank said he saw me too. i should start paying more attention!

the pics look great, looks like a bunch of fun!