PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: BEAVERUN Sept 23rd-24th

NYCSTRIPES
08-12-2006, 01:13 PM
I may be headed to the Beaver that weekend, last big weekend for the year. Anyone thinking of it?
Ken

Vin
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Thinking of making that my last two days of the year.

Mack
08-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I'll be there...definately won't be my last two day of the year though

RCM78
08-12-2006, 11:25 PM
We'll see. I should be able to ride by then...

NYCSTRIPES
08-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Something happen to you?
Ken

CBRBob
08-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I'll be there. Ralph was runn off the track at VIR S. Weren't you there Ken?

NYCSTRIPES
08-15-2006, 07:50 PM
My last trip to VIR was Memorial Day Weekend, he actually coached/evaluated me on the South Course for a possible bump to Blue Group. When was his accident? Was he hurt bad? I hadn't heard about it.
Ken

CBRBob
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
My last trip to VIR was Memorial Day Weekend, he actually coached/evaluated me on the South Course for a possible bump to Blue Group. When was his accident? Was he hurt bad? I hadn't heard about it.
Ken

http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3279&highlight=doug+ralph

Qetesh
08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Me and Cakes will be there fo sho :lol:

pillaka
08-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Ken

I saw your bike in blue at FUSA this past weekend, congrats!

NYCSTRIPES
08-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks, got bumped up Friday at FUSA. Pushing the TLR around the track is lots of work, but its FUN.
Ken

NYCSTRIPES
08-15-2006, 10:55 PM
http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3279&highlight=doug+ralph

Thanks for the hyperlink Bob, somehow I missed that thread.
Ken

AfricanBootyScratcher
08-16-2006, 12:18 AM
looking at that Sunday :ride:

AfricanBootyScratcher
08-16-2006, 12:18 AM
<--- haha, cool title! and yes I am :D

ffejtable
08-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Signed up/Confirmed...

Any good places to stay that arent $100/night? I think Omar stayed at the Alpine Inn last year...

There is a new Holiday Inn (or Best Western, I forget).. but its like $120/night... do they have Beaver/TPM discounts?

Jimmy
08-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Signed up/Confirmed...

Any good places to stay that arent $100/night? I think Omar stayed at the Alpine Inn last year...

There is a new Holiday Inn (or Best Western, I forget).. but its like $120/night... do they have Beaver/TPM discounts?

Motel 6 in Mars. $40-$50 a night :)

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.asp?MotelId=0042&state=PA&full=Pennsylvania&city=Mars&VID=&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr=&dMo=&dDa=&BTR=YourPlaceToStay.asp&CP=&redi=&TA=

I'm confirmed for both days :woot:

tommymac
08-16-2006, 09:00 AM
If I can find someone who wants to split the ride with me I would be up for going back. I just tallied up my gas receipts from last weekend and it wasnt prety. I need to put in my days for work by monday so I guess I will wait and se eif anyone wants to split the ride.

Tom

Cakes206
08-16-2006, 09:42 AM
If I can find someone who wants to split the ride with me I would be up for going back. I just tallied up my gas receipts from last weekend and it wasnt prety. I need to put in my days for work by monday so I guess I will wait and se eif anyone wants to split the ride.

Tom

Even if ya can't find anyone to ride share(I'm sure someone will though)...one bike uses less gas than two ;)

Vin
08-16-2006, 09:46 AM

Tom

Tom, I'd split with you but I need to leave the Friday *night* before and around 2-3pm on Sunday. I'm not sure if you're willing to do that, but that's my only option.

Mike295
08-16-2006, 10:43 AM
i am going to go as welll might need a ride... or rather a passanger.

tommymac
08-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Even if ya can't find anyone to ride share(I'm sure someone will though)...one bike uses less gas than two ;)

True I also have enough thank you points through my bank to get 50 to 75 dollars in gas cards so that would cover a tank or maybe 2. I had a great time this weekend and a lot of the same characters are going again which would make for another good weekend so I am more motivated to go, plus it would beat doing 3 throwaway days at pocono. Vinny I will let you know in a day or 2 what my plans will be for possibly going. Also I need to pick up another case of the Troegs Nut brown ale since that stuff is damn good.

Tom

Rev
08-16-2006, 01:03 PM
See you guys there =p

AfricanBootyScratcher
08-16-2006, 01:12 PM
See you guys there =p
you're finally coming over to the dark side!?!

Mack
08-16-2006, 01:46 PM
I'll be there for both saturday and sunday.....my parents house is about an hour from the track if anyone needs a place to crash they are more then welcome...have one extra bed and a few couches available.

Wishes
08-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Just wondering who's going or planning on going!?!?!

This will be it for me on TD's this season but I have yet to run there so I'm excited! :hyper:

Qetesh
08-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm hopin to be there. Need to find a ride or borrow my friend's truck and trailer.

Beaverun is a GREAT track and my favorite! You'll love it!

If you'll be there for both days, make sure to stay at the Motel 6 in Cranberry. It's 20 minutes from the track and dirt cheap. Plus, there's lots of restaurants and Pittsburgh is right next door.

Mack
08-21-2006, 07:17 PM
I'll be there both days...either staying at my parents or sisters place well that's where I'll be living till I get my house too I guess....also check out the track daze section this was perviously posted I believe....cya there

Wishes
08-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I'll be there both days...either staying at my parents or sisters place well that's where I'll be living till I get my house too I guess....also check out the track daze section this was perviously posted I believe....cya there

Ooops I just found the previous post!

Sorry :doh:

Qetesh
08-21-2006, 08:30 PM
FYI: Merged Wishes thread with yours Ken!

NYCSTRIPES
08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the tip about Motel 6, probably going to stay there.
Ken

IrocRob
08-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Mike "mpr138" and I will be there as well for both days
:ohmygod: Looks like a good crowd!
Just Can't Wait.....:ride:

Chris
08-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Im hoping to be there and ride both days this time!

Cakes206
08-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Im hoping to be there and ride both days this time!
Can't wait to see your new ride :pimp:

bobbydigital04
08-22-2006, 01:22 AM
i'll be making a 2day appearance

GinoE
08-22-2006, 07:36 PM
confirmed - see you cats there!

Student Driver
08-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I'll be there Sunday, doing Pocono east on Friday.

John712
08-22-2006, 10:45 PM
John217 IN!!! :D:D

Brian78
08-22-2006, 11:27 PM
i may do saturday

JHuff1219
08-23-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm in for the 23rd. See you all there. :)

tommymac
08-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I just booked for sunday, and red group is full for saturday. And I thought it woul dbe good being in red since I can book track days later LOL

Tom

~Donna~
08-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I am signed up once again to do ART basic on Sat. and ride Sunday as well. Vanson says the suit is ready... oh they better be right or I will be very disappointed AGAIN! :)

pillaka
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
i may do saturday

Do both days, you got insurance now so no excuses

Kennedy
08-29-2006, 09:44 PM
IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR BLUE

p.s. Im facking poor!

NYCSTRIPES
08-29-2006, 09:59 PM
I reserved a slot with Glen for personal training on Saturday the 23rd, Beaverun has a nice smooth flow and should be great for a training session.
See everyone there.
Ken

IrocRob
08-30-2006, 12:24 AM
...IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR BLUE...

YEAH BABY - I'll be chasing you around in BLUE -

Stephan and Mike are confirmed as well...:ride:

JasonB
08-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Confirmed for the sunday da 24th and on the waiting list for saturday..damm that shit fills up fast..

ffejtable
09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
anybody interested in carpooling? as it stands i think im heading out there alone...

i took the monday off... i tried the work after 2 track days thing once and it didnt work out too well... :)

Brian78
09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
im goin by myself, cause its gonna be a last minute decision if i go or now

pillaka
09-15-2006, 06:09 PM
I will be there saturday and sunday, also doing the GP race on sunday.

NYCSTRIPES
09-17-2006, 10:09 AM
http://pittsburgh.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2006/08/14/story4.html

Good News

ffejtable
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Eh, the existing course is 1.6 miles, and in my opinion just on the short side as it is... Its a great course, and a lot of fun, but its definately a little too short. Adding a second track nearly the same length doesnt excite me that much unless they are connected and it extends the existing track.

Would be nice to mix things up a little I guess for a Sat/Sun weekend, rather than doing the same course twice...

IrocRob
09-18-2006, 06:35 PM
...Adding a second track nearly the same length doesnt excite me that much unless they are connected and it extends the existing track...

Check out the website - Pretty much just like everywhere else. Two separate tracks or one big one.

www.beaverun.com

AfricanBootyScratcher
09-18-2006, 06:38 PM
that looks interesting

NYCSTRIPES
09-18-2006, 09:07 PM
That is what have heard, the new course will connect with the existing layout for a short or long course.
Ken

ffejtable
09-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Aaah, not bad.... somebody was talking about Beave building another course last year and the way he was describing it made it seem like it was off in the distance and not very close to the existing track... That doesnt seem to be the case.. woo hoo! :)

NYCSTRIPES
09-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Got my fingers crossed for the weather this weekend.
Ken

Qetesh
09-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Got my fingers crossed for the weather this weekend.
Ken

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Don't you know that the weather is always perfect at Beaverun ;)

JasonB
09-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have some used tires to sell me? I dont kno if my tires will past inspection..

120 front and 190 rear

Cakes206
09-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Does anyone have some used tires to sell me? I dont kno if my tires will past inspection..

120 front and 190 rear
Nothin like waitin till the last min...get in touch with njracer.

ffejtable
09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I do have a set of BT002 (i think) 120/190s that Ant had then sold as take offs to the guy I bought my track bike from... I dont think they are in very good shape, but I will go check and if they are I will bring them with me... You are honestly better off just getting a new set of Diablo Corsas at the track tho...

Jase likes to wait til last minute for new tires... That was the very first thing I learned about him... We met up at chatterbox 2 years ago and he was riding around on a tire with the cord showing through...

ffejtable
09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
The tires are BT012Rs... The rear has tons of meat left on the edges and not much left down the center. The front is actually on my 636 at the moment, I forgot thats the wheel/tire I threw on there while waiting for a replacement BT014... Not really worth it without the matching set. :(

Cakes206
09-21-2006, 10:56 PM
he was riding around on a tire with the cord showing through...
John Stevens did the same thing, forget what track we were at, sliding that thing all over the place, lol...

ffejtable
09-22-2006, 07:57 AM
Was that on the SV650? The same day he crashed because he tried squeezing just a little more life out of tires that had nothing left? :)

Gigantic
09-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone,
I met a lot of you there (I'm the big guy...) It was a pleasure! I can't believe that the season is almost over... I had a great weekend & a blast dicing it up with cakes on Sunday.

RCM78
09-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Was that on the SV650? The same day he crashed because he tried squeezing just a little more life out of tires that had nothing left? :)

It was at Beaver. And no he didnt crash on that tire.

tommymac
09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone,
I met a lot of you there (I'm the big guy...) It was a pleasure! I can't believe that the season is almost over... I had a great weekend & a blast dicing it up with cakes on Sunday.

I thought I was the big guy there:roflmao: I think I saw you buy that guys CBR who had the hole in the case after his get off. I know a few of the guys finally figured out who I was after seeing each other at a bunch of track days:LOL:

All in all I had a good time albeit a short one due to my knees crapping out, guess its time for a couple of knee replacements so I can ride longer:roflmao:

Tom

NYCSTRIPES
09-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey folks, I am glad Beaver had such rideable weather this weekend. Might be my last run for the season, but it was a great time.
Glad so many people made it out there.
Ken

IrocRob
09-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Good times folks - Glad everyone made the trip out.
We ended up very lucky with the weather, with wet
mornings drying up before lunch each day.
Can't wait for the next one, but it may not be till next season...

CBRBob
09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Great weekend for all, well maybe not for Mack(sorry). Beyond that, a little a.m. rain kept most people sane and smooth. Then rocked it in the afternoon dryness! I don't go out much on the Blue group but I did a lot od blue sessions this weekend. Once I got past the 'politeness' I usually use on the track I got my times down pretty good again. All in all I rode almost 450 track miles :)
Glad to see most of the old group there and some new faces at the Beev. Chris, way to go!

Mack
09-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Great weekend for all, well maybe not for Mack(sorry). Beyond that, a little a.m. rain kept most people sane and smooth. Then rocked it in the afternoon dryness! I don't go out much on the Blue group but I did a lot od blue sessions this weekend. Once I got past the 'politeness' I usually use on the track I got my times down pretty good again. All in all I rode almost 450 track miles :)
Glad to see most of the old group there and some new faces at the Beev. Chris, way to go!

BOB it's all good. I had a great time on Saturday and was running fairly well with decent times. Was hoping to have a better day on Sunday especially when the rain clear. But hey shit happens I'm alive....my bike well that's another story. Still thinking about what I want to do. I have a whole winter to figure it out. I'm already looking forward to next track season.

Cakes206
09-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Good to meet ya Lance, definitely a good time out there with ya, have to do it again, glad to see ya on the site too :thumbup:

Qetesh
09-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone,

It was great to meet you this weekend Lance! Glad to see you made it to the site!

High_Revs_17
09-25-2006, 10:32 PM
But hey shit happens I'm alive....my bike well that's another story.

How bad's the damage...to both of you?

No rush man you'll be in Blue before you know it, you've always been fast...on the track, just not with the ladies. :P

Kennedy
09-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Thanks Bob. :ride:

It was great to finally see everyone together in one big group instead of seeing different people at different days and it definintly made the trip well worth it!

I'll definintly being going back to Beaver first thing next season. The track just flows so well. For the first time ever there I started off rather slow as I expected and all over the place for the couple of sessions in the morning but eventually by the end of my first day I was running a decent pace (not what I had hoped to run).

But by the end of the second day I accomplished my set goals and went even further thanks to Stiff I was able to run a couple of 1:04.90's. Next time there my goal is to run that consistantly.

First time at the Beav was great and I can't fucking wait to do it again. I kinda wished they ran a sat/sun/mon cause I would have jumped all over that.

(Yea I know I missed my apex :doh: )

High_Revs_17
09-25-2006, 10:55 PM
First time at the Beav was great and I can't fucking wait to do it again. I kinda wished they ran a sat/sun/mon cause I would have jumped all over that.

Slap some leathers on your girl and ride Blue two-up. :ride:

Kennedy
09-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Slap some leathers on your girl and ride Blue two-up. :ride:

I rode two up with glen :moocow:

High_Revs_17
09-25-2006, 11:04 PM
I rode two up with glen :moocow:

I'd have to change my leathers--> http://www.tristatesportbikes.com/smilies/turd2.gif after a ride like that.

FDNYDANO18
09-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Had a GREAT time out there this weekend....Beaverun is definitely a sweet track,and the weather turned out just purfect....Cant wait to go back.

ffejtable
09-26-2006, 08:26 AM
great to see the old faces, as well as some new ones as well. :)

i'm still not happy with my riding, but i'm keeping it on the track which is more important than going fast when you've got bills to pay. :)

NYCSTRIPES
09-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks Bob. :ride:

It was great to finally see everyone together in one big group instead of seeing different people at different days and it definintly made the trip well worth it!

I'll definintly being going back to Beaver first thing next season. The track just flows so well. For the first time ever there I started off rather slow as I expected and all over the place for the couple of sessions in the morning but eventually by the end of my first day I was running a decent pace (not what I had hoped to run).

But by the end of the second day I accomplished my set goals and went even further thanks to Stiff I was able to run a couple of 1:04.90's. Next time there my goal is to run that consistantly.

(Yea I know I missed my apex :doh: )

You looked great out there Chris, You can learn so much more at a track that's not actively trying to kill you like at other places. Glad to see you had such a good time. I know I had a blast, but running the 1:04's will have to wait until next year for me. You passed me a few more times than I am willing to admit.
:ride:
Ken

JHuff1219
09-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Had a great time out there on Saturday. Glad the rain finally passed and the speeds picked up. Thanks to "Gary" for getting me back "online"! Wish I could have caught up with Cakes during one of those sessions, maybe next time. Good to see Cakes and Jenn again. SBimages hooked me up with some great pics. Also wanted to thank Smokin' Joe for all the compliments and laughter during intermissions.

Kennedy
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
You looked great out there Chris, You can learn so much more at a track that's not actively trying to kill you like at other places. Glad to see you had such a good time. I know I had a blast, but running the 1:04's will have to wait until next year for me. You passed me a few more times than I am willing to admit.
:ride:
Ken

I definitely agree Ken, There is no way in hell I would try and ride that pace I rode at Beave at any of the Pocono Days. To me IMO it's just not worth it. You looked real good Ken and I can't wait to ride with everyone again.

mpr138
09-26-2006, 12:52 PM
I had a great time out at beaver. I am glad that the rain held off to have a great couple of afternoons. I just wish I had remembered to "borrow" the sign that says "Entering New Beaver" just north of beaver falls. :P

NYCSTRIPES
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Its always fun to "enter new beaver" but I never needed a sign to remind me of that.
Ken