PDA

View Full Version : July 4th Summit Main trackday with TPM

DougZ
07-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Got back late last night from Summit. I liked that track a lot..once I got used to laying it over on concrete patches in turns one and five..I think.

Brought the Gix and the SV with me....but the Gix didn't blow up, so I never took the SV out. I could definately feel how bad the power, or lack there of was on the Gix due to the low compression issues that I have with that motor. Either way, it ran and I was fine in the corners, but severly slow in the straights cause of the lack of power. Time for a new motor. LOL

Here are some shots. Still not touching down with the knee yet, but I can feel it will be a lot easier to do on this bike as compared to the SV1K.

http://racedayphoto.com/TPM/July04/white/images/KL9Z2787.jpg

http://racedayphoto.com/TPM/July04/white/images/KL9Z2790.jpg

http://racedayphoto.com/TPM/July04/white/images/KL9Z0674.jpg

njf4i
07-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Looking good doug. You'll be dragging in no time.

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-05-2005, 10:26 AM
nice head turn!!

Taz
07-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Looking good out there! :)

Mike295
07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
awsome dude keep it up

DougZ
07-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks.

Onedwn5up
07-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Glad you had a good time!

I have to admit that my first lap I was like Holy Sh*t with those concrete patches but it's just a matter of getting comfotable with them. The grip really isn't any different from the tarmac. By the second or third session I was running about 1:22-1:23 which is probably good for about 4th or 5th in a WERA or CCS AM race there.

I was in the Blue group all morning and then coached in the Red & White groups for the second half of the day. I was on a grey 600RR with red 973 numbers on white plates. I was also wearing one of those orange vests, with red, white & black HJC leathers. The vests are kinda hard to miss. I think I remember seeing you out on the track for sure though.

As far as getting your knee down is concerned, there are a number of things to take into consideration and also a number of things that can help you get to that lean point/angle. I will be more than happy to help you out if I see you at a future track day. But don't be shy about asking as any coach will generally be more than glad to help you out. And even a lot of the fast guys in the blue group won't touch their knee down more than they have to, but I have to admit, dragging that knee is cool as hell and it makes for better pictures!

On a side note, I am a big knee dragger and I typically go through a set of pucks in a weekend. The cheap ones I kill in a day. Summit point isn't a big knee dragging course though and I actually just touched down here and there for reference of my lean angle. So again, you don't knee to drag it to go fast.

Glad you had a good time! Take care!

-Eric

duc748pilot
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Eric did you make it down there for sunday!? i didnt see you/hear from you. although my phone wasnt working very well. 1:22-1:23 is fucking good. fastest i ran was in the 1:25's.

DougZ
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Glad you had a good time!

As far as getting your knee down is concerned, there are a number of things to take into consideration and also a number of things that can help you get to that lean point/angle. I will be more than happy to help you out if I see you at a future track day. But don't be shy about asking as any coach will generally be more than glad to help you out. And even a lot of the fast guys in the blue group won't touch their knee down more than they have to, but I have to admit, dragging that knee is cool as hell and it makes for better pictures!

Glad you had a good time! Take care!

-Eric

Thanks Eric, I'll definately come find you at the next track event. The more coaching I get, the more I accept. LOL :nod2:

Onedwn5up
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
what up chris,

Didn't make it down there for Sunday. I got caught up with a BBQ on Saturday and didn't feel like paying the entire gas bill myself so my friend and I left on Sunday evening. We got down there and stayed at the Economy in on 11 in Martinsburg and went and hung out at the Millenium Club next door. Fully Nude with Booze..not too bad. Though I got the shittiest lap dance in my life. The song ended and she was waiting for her tip and I was like when does the part come where you take your clothes off? She was like, Oh we don't do that. Meanwhile some chick is on the stage showing some guy her dirtstar. Go figure.

I thought 1:23 wasn't too shabby but could definitely see making up more time down there in a number of spots. Remember, this was a new track with comlpletely new suspension components front and back.

My highlight of the day was passing a guy on the outside going onto the main straight and while going into the turn this guy on a mille decides to move over at the last moment and put his clutch lever into my thigh at about 80 mph or so, sending us both off the track. Thankfully we both stayed up right though.

Then there was one of sessions I was coaching where we come around the second to last turn heading uphill, and there's a woodchuck running across the track! I was like you gotta be kidding me! LOL.

Overall, it was a good day. Now I feel comfortable to go race down there though.
-e-

DougZ
07-05-2005, 03:42 PM
So that's where the boobie bar is. LOL :)

duc748pilot
07-05-2005, 03:45 PM
comfortable to race down there? with those times....on a new track.......your comfortable enough to win!

Cakes206
07-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Was a great day...fuggin Africa hot and about 2 seconds off my time..but all in all still a good day...stayed up on two wheels so thats a definite plus. Had a guy lose it right infront of me goin into the carousel, I can remember yelling "Don't look, don't look," and just kept on going...he musta gotten up and back on track though cause he wasn't there next lap...was a fun day though...was good hangin with all you mofos...even a certain someone with that obnoxiously loud TiForce coughdougcough :lol: As with every trip theres always something...coming back on 287 almost near 23 when I look in the rear view and something doesn't look right...my bike leaning all the way over using qetesh's bike to lean on...musta been tired I guess...whatever...pulled over real qwik and both front and back straps somehow unhooked from the trailer...POS! Fixed the straps and off we went...

Pics coming soon...

Mosport here we come!

Eric, was cool meatin ya man...I'll get back to ya soon...

Onedwn5up
07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
LOL. I would like to think so but my friend looked at the WERA times and I think he said that Superstock B (which I think is 600's) 1st place was at like 1:19. I think I could have gone fast but I seriously ran non-stop for like 9 sessions, only braking after sessions shortly to talk to people, gas up and get some water. Last session I could hardly muster better than a 1:24 but I was so wooped and dehydrated. And my tires were toast on top of that.

If you have some CCS Amateur times from down there I would like to see them. Even if it's out of region and I can place top three it's still contingency!

I am opening a new business called apexracetire.com so keep me in mind when you need some new skins. I'll hook you up. -e-

comfortable to race down there? with those times....on a new track.......your comfortable enough to win!

duc748pilot
07-05-2005, 04:19 PM
im finally getting down to the 1:25's so shut up lol.

let me know when your open for business.

Brian78
07-05-2005, 04:24 PM
cakes, what kinda times were u running?

Cakes206
07-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Ain't no way I'm postin ma'times :lol: :embarrass

Onedwn5up
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
So that's where the boobie bar is. LOL :)

If you get off at exit 12 from 81, go east on 9 (left off the exit) and make a right onto 11 south, it's a quarter mile on the right.

We stayed at the economy inn and walked there. Beer and drinks were cheap! It was only 3.50 for a bottle of Bass and my friend had a johnny walker on the rocks and that was only 4.50.

DougZ
07-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Was a great day...fuggin Africa hot and about 2 seconds off my time..but all in all still a good day...stayed up on two wheels so thats a definite plus. Had a guy lose it right infront of me goin into the carousel, I can remember yelling "Don't look, don't look," and just kept on going...he musta gotten up and back on track though cause he wasn't there next lap...was a fun day though...was good hangin with all you mofos...even a certain someone with that obnoxiously loud TiForce coughdougcough :lol: As with every trip theres always something...coming back on 287 almost near 23 when I look in the rear view and something doesn't look right...my bike leaning all the way over using qetesh's bike to lean on...musta been tired I guess...whatever...pulled over real qwik and both front and back straps somehow unhooked from the trailer...POS! Fixed the straps and off we went...

Pics coming soon...

Mosport here we come!

Eric, was cool meatin ya man...I'll get back to ya soon...

Ah man, was it really that loud??? LOL I'll repack it for the motor rebuild....just like Jetrey did his, which was obnoxious down at VIR.

My Gix did the same thing. Luckily we stopped for Omar to use the little boy's room, and Shawn told me about it. I knew it was smart sticking the spare rear bike tires with foam between the bikes.

If you get off at exit 12 from 81, go east on 9 (left off the exit) and make a right onto 11 south, it's a quarter mile on the right.

We stayed at the economy inn and walked there. Beer and drinks were cheap! It was only 3.50 for a bottle of Bass and my friend had a johnny walker on the rocks and that was only 4.50.

Good deal. I know where we are staying next time down there. LOL

Vin
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Nice pics and posts, folks. Glad to hear you all had a good time.

Onedwn5up
07-05-2005, 09:22 PM
You mean you didn't have a lap timer. :)

Ain't no way I'm postin ma'times :lol: :embarrass

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-05-2005, 09:57 PM
My lovely trip home from summit was quite interesting,
(long but worth reading)
the old rule of the road is simple, "keep right, pass left", but apparently there are those who ignore that rule and problems may arise.
so we're cruising up I95 in Maryland, Michelle is driving my truck, and for those that don't know her, lets just say she's not shy with the gas pedal (she also races cars, so thankfully has great car control). Then this car jumps over from the center which is empty at this time, to the left lane and cuts her off, mind you we're going between 80 and 90, and this car is around 50. Now the traffic, including Sean and his hirl Alecia, and Jeff and his girlfriend Doug, are all getting backed up behind us, so Michelle flashes the high beams real quick and the nutcase slams the brakes. we're now going just under 45mph, and every body just starts passing us. Too late for Michelle, she's now pissed and starts leaning on the horn waiting for them to move, which they don't. She finally gives up and passes them on the right, and as she does some crazy girl (not michelle, another one) starts yelling at us out thier window, so Michelle grabs an open water bottle and flings it at them, hitting the top of the door, just above the open window and probably splashing water onto her. Michelle takes off and resumes her speed, at this point the car comes flying upto my rear bumper (I guess now she can go 90) and starts flashing high beams, so the road rage picks up a notch, and Michelle starts grabbing handfulls of my change and flinging out the window at them, till they back off, and we resume normal driving.....
but it doesn''t end there, as we aproach the maryland/delaware toll plaza this car comes shooting accross 2 lanes, barely missing the median, within inches of my front bumper and slams on the brakes. some fat crazy bitch jumps out and starts yelling as she walks towards the truck, of course Michelle yells back, and she comes up to the window as Michelle is trying to unlatch the seatbelt and starts slapping at her, untill michelle finally gets the belt off and hits her back, opens the door into the bitch and jumps out, at which time she starts backing up. Meanwhile I see the passanger door open, and jump out myself, to see another fat chick, though taller, come running out. I'm just confused at this point, because I'm not gonna hit a chick (nomatter how ugly), but at the same time I can't let them team up on her. so I just jump in front of the passanger, yell at her to get bach in the car and keep on eye on my crazy girl. So they just keep yelling and stuff till some transit cops appears out of nowhere. At this point fat driver ho tells him that michelle threw water at her, and she wears glasses. yes, we were all confused by that comment. We point out to the officer they cut us off, slammed the brakes, and were traveling at 45mph in the left lane, and the passanger tells him it's because they were unsure of where they were. Once again, we are all confused, and the officer asks them why the hell would they be in the left(fast) lane if they didn't know where they were going and were planning on going slow? They had no answer, and he tells us all to go through the toll plaza and pull off to the side so we can chat, which we did (along with Sean and Alecia who were behind us at this time), yet the two dumbass dirty girls took off! Michelle thinks of taking off after them, but the cop tells us to hang out and calm down. We tell him the story (minus the 80 -90mph part) and takes our side 100%, plus the fact that they took off makes them look bad. He tells us he got thier plate, and I ask him what's he gonna do about it. He says they'll check the EZ pass camera, and see if they have her cutting us off at the toll plaza, and if so they will issue a reckless ticket. in otherwords they won't do a thing I bet. so after he holds us a bit, to make sure they are far enough away, he lets us go to enjoy the rest of our trip home.

Qetesh
07-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Did you at least enjoy your pizza???

DougZ
07-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Omar: Sorry we weren't back there for you guys...we were wondering what the F happened..that is why I started calling, you, then Shawn. Too crazy. How is Michelle???

Jen: The pizza was good..getting back on the road quicker was even better..but as it was we still didn't get home till close to midnight. If we went to where you guys went, it would have been much later.

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 08:32 AM
You mean you didn't have a lap timer. :)

Umm...yea...thats it...no lap timer...thats my story and I'm stickin to it, lol...I do have one, they were just pittiful though :banghead:

On a side note, I finally sold the motor I had...a fuel pump...set of calipers and my air tank...gettin closer to my exhaust for the street SV ;)

Qetesh
07-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Jen: The pizza was good..getting back on the road quicker was even better..but as it was we still didn't get home till close to midnight. If we went to where you guys went, it would have been much later.

I was bustin' Omar's nuts about the pizza :P

We had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. We got back around 1AM and unloaded the bikes. I got in about 2:30AM. Thank god I didn't have to go to work until 3PM :lol:

I wish I could have been a fly in the truck to see all the fun you and Michelle had Omar ;)

Hey, maybe we could do a reinactment of it at VIR at the end of the month??? :LOL:

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
the pizza was lovely! haha
I so wish we had a camcorder on, it was wacky as hell!
what sucks though, is when we got home, she realized that her chain broke and fell into her shirt, there was a charm on it that I gave her over 7 years ago that she hadn't taken off since, and it seems to have been lost. she's been bent about it ever since :(

motopix
07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm usually in the 2 smoke section but thought I'd add to TPM 7/4 report.

My Rs250 is still waiting for tranny parts so I brought out a new toy: 03 gsxr750. For those of you who don't know me (pretty much all of you), I ride in the white group (blue/white gsxr, high mount devil slip-on, yellow helmet).

I just had some Diable Corsas put on and added steel lines and new Galfer HH pads before the event. I went for a little around town spin to scrub the tires and get a feel for the bike - my first ride on it - and bed the brakes. Everything felt good during my test ride.

First couple of laps in white are always hella-slow so I used this time to further scrub in the tires and get a feel for hanging off the 7-fiddy. As the pace picked up, I start getting brake fade and the front end would shudder under hard braking into turn 1. NOT a confidence booster.

Back off the track, the brakes returned to normal after about 15-20 minutes. From then on it was great brakes for two laps, and more force required every lap after. At least it was consistent once past the initial fade so I felt more confident. Talked to several people about possible reasons for this problem since I've never experienced it on the 250. Boiling brake fluid was the most common explanation and I was recommended to get some Motul RBF ($15 a pint - holy crap).

Anyway, onto the riding...I got some great tips from the coaches without even asking for them: unusual for TPM in my experience. Usually you have to grab someone and hope they hook up with you on the track. I'm not being critical although it sounds it, just stating how it seems to me. I could definitely tell a difference in my cornering.

Diced it up with another guy (had 46 on his helmet; probably not Rossi) for several sessions. Very fun. Had a couple of people got down in front of me, the most notable was a lowside in Turn 1. I thought the next guy in line was going to follow him off as he headed for the edge of the track but he kept it on the pavement. While he rolled along seeming kind of stunned I did an inside pass on him. What was i supposed to do come to a complete stop? I got talked to about that later. No point in arguing. Yes Sir, I'm sorry Sir.

I was told I'd be no faster on a faster bike and it's pretty much true. I only managed to get a couple of seconds faster on the 750 than my best times on my SV. I was running consistent 1:31s when I didn't hit traffic.

If I can get the brake thing figured out on the 750 I'll be much happier but all in all, it was a really excellent bike considering it's still got the stock suspension.

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I was running consistent 1:31s when I didn't hit traffic.

WTF you still doin in white group then...Ant was doin 1:28's and got bumped to blue...get evaluated bro...

Brian78
07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
my brakes were very spongy all day. i should have bled them, but im too lazy

duc748pilot
07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
its def not all about times. some of the racers out there this weekend racing didnt even belong in white group with tpm...more like art basic! and these guys were racing.

motopix
07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, it's not just about times. I ready for Red for sure but don't think I'm consistent enough yet. If I can get over this mental barrier about my speed then I'm hoping things will click into place better. Especially if I don't have to worry about scaring the crap out of people in the White group.

Hopefully, riding with faster guys will show me the way. But I'm a bit nervous about Red since there always seems to be multi-bike incidences in that group.

There were definitely some hairy moments in White this weekend. I couldn't see where the problem originated but there were two occasions (Turn 1 and Turn 10) where everyone came to a screeching halt. It was really pretty dangerous. I opted to dive to the inside of Turn 10 as it appeared the only clear line out of the situation. I didn't get talked to for that one because the two CRs I was riding with saw what happened and understood the situation.

I'll have to look for you guys next time so I know who I'm riding with out there. The #46 guy was definitely acting like he was racing me but he probably thought the same thing about me.

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 02:47 PM
I know what you guys are sayin bout the times...but if someone is runnin good times like that, they must be doing something right...a rider that fast in the white group can be somewhat dangerous in a way...especially how theres some people who are are unpredictable...have someone come off the line unexpectedly while yer tryin to pass and you could be toast...red group is definitely more predictable...and the passing is definitely cleaner...trust me...I'm gettin passed all the time, lmfao...I was nervous as hell too first time out in red...but Bob and Ralph were both out there with me and I had dropped 4 seconds off my time with just one session...being in a group of faster riders made me a faster rider I s'pose(this was at Beaver Run btw.)

duc748pilot
07-06-2005, 03:01 PM
and a rider like that can be even more dangerous in the blue group. there is def no set "line" or what people like to think of the "perfect" line. your line is your line. no ones is wrong or right. BUT it is more so about sticking that same line over and over and over and over. any guy can go out and run crappy lines, but get on the throttle before you...and run faster times. faster times dont really equal a better rider. idk....i could go on for hours...

Onedwn5up
07-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I got talked to about that later. No point in arguing. Yes Sir, I'm sorry Sir.

I was told I'd be no faster on a faster bike and it's pretty much true. I only managed to get a couple of seconds faster on the 750 than my best times on my SV. I was running consistent 1:31s when I didn't hit traffic.

If I can get the brake thing figured out on the 750-

LOL. ok, so that was you right in front of me getting black flagged while I was out there doing the coaching thing. You pretty much got flagged because of someone elses tendecy to hit you, not your tendency to hit them. But no big deal. We've all gotten the flag before.

Your brakes sound like they have air in them and were not properly bled. I suggest a vacumn pump/bleeder. Cheap and they make things really easy. And that pint of Motul will last a LONG time. But brake fade was an issue nonetheless. I still have the stock lines with stock fluid since I bought the bike new in April(dont ask why. fixing that after this weekend) But after being out there for about 10 sessions straight my lever was all mushy but still consistent. If they went after two laps it means you probably have air in there.

It's partially up to you to ask to be moved to another group. If I would have seen you out there running 1:31's I would have moved you right up after about 2 or 3 laps. I helped several people move out of the white group Sunday. At 1:31 you would more than likely of had to have been passing me since at coach speed I was like 1:35-1:38 since I was working with and looking for people. Next time start by asking a coach for some evaluation. It's as simple as saying , can you follow me for a lap or two? You will be much more comfortable in the Red group if you are picking up the pace. Then once you get to the point where you are lapping people in the red group and are continually passing a majority of the field it is time to move to Blue. But that requires dicing it up with 2 coaches since it takes two of us to sign off on the bump form to move a ride to the Blue group.

Bigger bikes don't equal faster speeds. I have seen guys on ex 500's dust people riding liter class bikes by seconds. It's all about being smooth, line choice and throttle control. But that RS 250 is a blast. I would love to have a bike like that. Those just corner like they are on rails. And they smoke!

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 03:17 PM
BUT it is more so about sticking that same line over and over and over and over.

Exactly my point...as riders move up the predicability and the ability to hold A line gets better and better.

motopix
07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Nope it wasn't me that got the flag unless I missed it but I WAS looking for it. I never made an 'illegal' pass unless the circumstances dictated it. I wasn't doing it on purpose. Twice I passed inside because a guy almost ran off the track and was sitting on the outside edge going really slowly. And once when we all got jammed up in 10 for some reason. In every case it just seemed the safest thing to do rather than wammie on the brakes and make the situation worse for people behind me.

I was told to come get a couple of coaches for evaluation after the lunch break but I didn't because I wanted more time to get comfortable on the bike. That was probably a mistake. I didn't mean to imply that there was no attention from the coaches. It's up to me to seek help or a bump. They told me I needed two coaches to sign off on the bump to red.

The guy getting flagged was probably the other dude I was keeping pace with. I think I got blamed for some of his stuff because he had a b/w suzuki and a yellow helmet too.

At least on the 250 it's easy to spot me :nod2:

Really don't think it's air in the lines. I used a mighty vac and the lever-pull method when I installed everything, kept the lever tied back overnight and while trailering and bled them a couple of times at the track. Because of them returning to normal after a session I'm still thinking fluid boil. But I won't completely rule out air in the lines b/c ya never know.

Come find me when I have the RS running again and you can take it out for a session. It's a very different riding experience. Unfortunately, they've set a standard for brakes in my mind that I don't think I'll find in a heavier 4 stroke without spending big money.

carl_g
07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
the Rs250 has amazing brakes.. I will never ride a diesel again. I dont care if I cant go 160 mph.

motopix
07-06-2005, 05:09 PM
ISM, when are you coming to Summit again?

carl_g
07-06-2005, 05:25 PM
ISM, when are you coming to Summit again?
i don't know If I am going to make it down there at all this year.. i am most likely going to beaver run in september! I am buying a house and money is a little tight.

DougZ
07-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Joe, where are all your pics??????????????????

carl_g
07-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Joe, where are all your pics??????????????????
yeah lets see some pics!

CBRBob
07-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I will never ride a diesel again.

Hehe, Diesels ARE 2 strokes......... :wow: :wave2:

carl_g
07-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Hehe, Diesels ARE 2 strokes......... :wow: :wave2:
what you talkin' bout willis? :runaway:

motopix
07-06-2005, 08:53 PM
what you talkin' bout willis? :runaway:

Ignore him, he's a crazy-person.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/diesel1.htm

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Sorry took so long for the pics...had to be resized...but as requested...here they are...

Pic1- Bikes left to right...CBRbob, raheemtherugged, DougZ, and ffejtable(who has no posts btw :lol: )

Pic2- Mine and Qetesh's bike

Pic3- DougZ and ffejtable

Pic4- Left to right...Raheemtherugged, his girl Michell, Sean's girl Elisia(sp?), Sean with the back protector from Aliens, lol, and whos middle finger is that cough*CBRbob*cough :lol:

Pic5- Same as pic 4 but Sean is lookin this time...and theres the floating middle finger again

Pic6- ffejtable was tired...white group wore him out :lol:

Pic7- Too funny :lol:

Couple more comin right up...

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Last ones...

Pic1- See Sean's 636

Pic2- See Sean's 636 after his crash

Pics3 4 and 5 from the GP race during lunch taken from inside the carousel.

Cakes206
07-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Couple from raceday photo...pullin away...raheemtherugged is in what would be 3rd place in the pic...

http://racedayphoto.com/TPM/July04/red/images/KL9Z0178.jpg

http://racedayphoto.com/TPM/July04/red/images/KL9Z0179.jpg

http://racedayphoto.com/TPM/July04/red/images/KL9Z0180.jpg

DougZ
07-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Nice pics Joe.

Ant
07-07-2005, 09:07 AM
I miss Summit...that was my favorite track! :(

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-07-2005, 10:02 AM
so now we know how many geniuses it takes to change a trailer hitch!

DougZ
07-07-2005, 10:47 AM
so now we know how many geniuses it takes to change a trailer hitch!

We would have asked for your help, but we all know those scrawny little arms of yours would not have been able to loosen that nut at all, BIOTCH. lol

Brian78
07-07-2005, 02:39 PM
no pic of me passing joe on the outside of 1? :LOL: