PDA

View Full Version : idles but won't rev

benellis
08-06-2006, 04:53 PM
My R-6 went down and tumbled pretty good a few months ago at summit, I finally got everything I needed to get it running again, gauge cluster, wiring harness, gas tank.... Anyways, it starts up without a problem, comes up to temp, runs on all four, but when I go to give it some throttle, it wants to cut out. All the butterflies are working in the carbs, and my fuel filter isn't clogged, the fuel pump works strong, it just wants to die when you come off idle. WTF!

ImmaSquashYou
08-06-2006, 05:28 PM
bad injector??

kneedragger
08-06-2006, 07:13 PM
no bad injector. i think he said its carb'd in the post. did you check all the spark parts? plugs, coils or wires, etc. . .

benellis
08-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm hoping that a smooth idle (even at around 4k with the choke on) means that my ignition system works fine. I could be wrong about that though.

RCM78
08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
When the bike turned upside down all the crap in the carbs loosened up and clogged your jets.
Remove and clean out carbs thoroughly.

SPRHK
08-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Does it bog down or just quit. Check to make sure your airbox isn't restricted. It wouldn't hurt to replacde the plugs either. If they fouled out when you went down, the spark might be strong enough to run at idle-fast idle, but with the added fuel when opening the throttle may overcome the spark, making it stall out.

kneedragger
08-07-2006, 07:12 PM
+1 alot of times i weak ignition component may be enough to hold an idle, but when a stronger load is placed on it, it cant keep up and the motor dies

southjersey636
08-07-2006, 08:57 PM
+1 alot of times i weak ignition component may be enough to hold an idle, but when a stronger load is placed on it, it cant keep up and the motor dies

Agree.