PDA

View Full Version : Bster13 Went Down @ Louden

Cakes206
07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Heard about it on the TPM board...Hes got a concusion, few broken ribs and a punctured lung, they say hes going to be ok though...Damn, when it rains...it pours...Louden is living up to its tale of being a dangerous track I s'pose...Speedy recovery Bryce!

Wishes
08-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Sad news :( Heal up Bryce.

SAXON117
08-01-2006, 06:56 AM
shit, what up with all the crashes this weekend? Get well bro

Cakes206
08-01-2006, 08:17 AM
shit, what up with all the crashes this weekend? Get well bro
Without knowing the actual causes, one issue that comes to mind is that this w/e was exceptionally hot out. The heat can play funcky tricks on ya out there.Dehyration sets in real easy and you don't know you're dehydrated until its to late.

Brian78
08-01-2006, 08:31 AM
tires get greasy real quick in the heat.

Cakes206
08-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Heres a little update as to what happened...a rider who was behind Bryce when it happened said that after exiting the bowl and passing under the tree Bryce's rear tire stepped out. The bike went into a violent tank slapper for about 20 ft or so (must have been a lifetime to him). This is a very fast section. His tire marks on the track are classic to tank slap marks. The marks end and then proceed towards the wall on riders left. The bike hit the wall and tossed Bryce over the tire wall and sent his bike back onto the track.

Again...speedy recovery man.

Qetesh
08-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Speedy recovery Bryce!!!!!

RCM78
08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
damn, punctured lung is a very serious injury. get well Bryce...

FigNewTon
08-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Hate to hear this....Speedy recovery Bryce!

tommymac
08-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Without knowing the actual causes, one issue that comes to mind is that this w/e was exceptionally hot out. The heat can play funcky tricks on ya out there.Dehyration sets in real easy and you don't know you're dehydrated until its to late.

only thig is it wasnt all that hot up in NH, it was 57 degrees when we left the hotel, and was a very nice day. it was up around the mid 80's later in the day but nowhere near as humid as it is down here;)

Tom

PitsVtec
08-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Heal up kiddo!

Taz
08-01-2006, 09:30 AM
:( Speedy recovery Bryce.

wcrbikemike
08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Get well soon.

Cakes206
08-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Amazingly he'll be ok...on a side note, they say Bryce was using a mouth piece as well..I've thought about this over and over wondering if anyone used one, seems like its quite common..I will be going to Champs asap to pick one up.

http://images16.fotki.com/v275/photos/2/26927/3853033/IMG_1790-vi.jpg

http://images14.fotki.com/v20/photos/2/26927/3853033/IMG_1791-vi.jpg

Smokes35
08-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Ehhh--

That'll buff right out...

Heal up dude... Many prayers for you and your family!

Liltenatattoo
08-01-2006, 12:28 PM
damn hope he's not too bad. i guess a mouth piece isn't a bad idea.

JasonB
08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Heal up soon Bryce...damm that sucks

njracer
08-01-2006, 01:30 PM
tires get greasy real quick in the heat.

Not true....."old" tires get greasy after they heat up. I just did a 200mi race at Summit Point (70+ laps for me & only stopping for water & gas) in temps over 100 degrees and I did not experience any greasy tires.

Regardless, heal up.

njracer

Cakes206
08-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Not true....."old" tires get greasy after they heat up. I just did a 200mi race at Summit Point (70+ laps for me & only stopping for water & gas) in temps over 100 degrees and I did not experience any greasy tires.

Regardless, heal up.

njracer

What compound(s)? It's possible whatever tire you're running never got out of its temp range. Once a tire is run beyond its temp range it can/will start to break down giving you a "greasy" feel.

njracer
08-01-2006, 02:47 PM
What compound(s)? It's possible whatever tire you're running never got out of its temp range. Once a tire is run beyond its temp range it can/will start to break down giving you a "greasy" feel.

Super Soft front, soft rear.

As for running it beyond it's temp range?? I doubt anyone at a track day (and even most club race days) is over riding their tires and over heating them. If your tires are getting greasy, it's because they have been heat cycled to death.

What was the situation behind his tires? They are slicks in the pic. Were they new? How many heat cycles have they been thru? Are they take offs? What kind of lap times was he running at NHIS? (just asking to see if he is over riding/over heating them)

nj

Cakes206
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Not exactly sure of the particulars but I hear ya on the heat cycles part...that definitly plays a big part as well. Hopefully once Bryce feels up to it, he'll be able to give us some input.

Shelly
08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Prayers and thoughts out to ya for quick recovery Bryce!!

Qetesh
08-01-2006, 03:44 PM
As for running it beyond it's temp range?? I doubt anyone at a track day (and even most club race days) is over riding their tires and over heating them. If your tires are getting greasy, it's because they have been heat cycled to death.

Unless your Omar and sliding all over VIR North :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ffejtable
08-02-2006, 09:55 AM
aaah damn, only half way thru the new msgs today and already read up on 4 bad incidents..

get better soon...

Cakes206
08-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Update on Bryce:

He is out of ICU since yesterday afternoon and in his own room. His parents are up there with him. He is in a bit of discomfort but although they offered him morphine, he refused it.

All tests done on him have shown positive (good) results his lung capacity is very good, his liver is not bleeding, his head seems fine. He has some bruising to his shoulder and scratches on two knuckles. He wore the mouthpiece for the first time at this trackday and is happy he did.

ffejtable
08-03-2006, 08:28 AM
excellente! sounds like he is stable and everything else is relatively minor.. its just a long recovery process from here on...

ronin_01r1
08-03-2006, 08:59 AM
sorry to hear the bad news.. hope he is feeling better soon.

AfricanBootyScratcher
08-04-2006, 10:36 AM
good luck in the recovery Bryce, and hope you're feeling better soon

As for running it beyond it's temp range?? I doubt anyone at a track day (and even most club race days) is over riding their tires and over heating them. If your tires are getting greasy, it's because they have been heat cycled to death. nj
Unless your Omar and sliding all over VIR North :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
those tires were worn and heatcycles through many deaths, into oblivion, and beyond......but it was fun, even though I would never support the decision of somebody else using burnt out tires like that. :D

Bster13
08-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey everyone. Didn't even know this thread existed. :o

Not sure how Cakes got all the updates, but perhaps he had an in with one of the cute nurses. :p

I'm now home with my Brother and roommate, both doing a great job of taking care of me. Grand total was 10 broken ribs, lacerated liver, punctured lung, broken shoulder blade, separated shoulder, two black eyes, and bruises in more places than I'd like to admit. :p

Going forward, a mouthpiece and chest protector will be a must....a MUST. I know I must of made a mistake, and it can happen again. So I want to be better prepared going forward. That mouthpiece was the smartest thing I did that day. Just walked by it in my townhouse b4 I left and thought to try it. $5 piece of gear saved me big time I'm sure. The chest protector couldn't of hurt in the rib department I'm sure.

Anyway, thanks so much for well wishes. I love this sport and the people that make it happen. C u out there soon.

Cakes206
08-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Bryce, man, glad to see you're back home. Do you remember any of the events that let up to the get off? I also always wondered bout mouthpieces and if anyone ever used one...well, this was all the proof I needed, so I went out Champs and got 'em. Heal up soon man...

John712
08-06-2006, 01:03 PM
glad to see your back dude. you sustained a lot of injuries but glad your doing better!!!!

i got a mouth piece but never used it, but i now have it with my gear. and im going to look into a chest protector

Taz
08-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Glad your home. I hope you heal up quick.

Vin
08-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Glad to see you're back, Bryce. Heal up well.

Wishes
08-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Stay positive Bryce and continue to rest and get better. :thumbup:

gerardo
08-07-2006, 10:02 PM
get well soon bryce

Qetesh
08-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm so glad to hear you are home Bryce! Get well soon!!!

ffejtable
08-08-2006, 08:13 AM
wow, all that and you are home already! amazing..... heal up soon and hope to see you at the track next year. ;)

Bster13
08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Well I came into the office yesterday to fill out some disability forms and whatnot and see everyone. I got the usual "Dead man walking" response as if people
were surprised I was there in the flesh and not at home with a home nursing aid. In any event I saw things slipping by me at work so I decided to curb my
boredom at home and try to go to work this morning. Other than grossly underestimating the time it takes to get ready in the morning I arrived and it's
actually been good to get caught up and keep my mind off my aches and pains. The bet around the office is that I won't make it through lunch time but I think
I'm back full time...mind over matter, right? :)

Again, thanks for everyone's help/well wishes. I'm hoping I'm out of the woods and don't ever have to venture in those woods again. ;) I hope everyone has a blast at Beaver...I'm jealous I won't have a chance to experience the track this year.

Anyone have a 600 for sale? :o :p

Bryce