PDA

View Full Version : Need Engine for 00' Ninja 250R

Shelly
07-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes, you read correctly :( I think my engine kicked it last night; gunnew take a look at it over rest of weekend but wanted to put some feelers out and at least start lookin.

PM me if anyone can give me any leads. Thanks.

~Shel

High_Revs_17
07-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Wait a minute...what do you mean? What's the problem with it? :ohmygod:

Don't jump to conclusions just yet, could be a simple electrical issue.;)

Shelly
07-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey Ron---gunnew try to open it up and see what's goin on...take it apart,etc. Dependant on what we find I'll either be replacing parts, replacing engine or sellin' bike and using $$ to get diff. bike....upgrade or 250. I don't want to pour more $$ then necessary into it. Gotta figure I paid $1400 for it + $500 initial maint.labor crap is a decent chunk of change...I wanted to at least get feelers out and get some leads/price out an engine so I can secure one and then throw it in ASAP if that's the best route to go. Hope to get it apart this week and see what the deal is. I'll let ya know...thanks for ur thoughts :)

Rev
07-30-2006, 11:39 AM
get a new bike so you can hang with the big boys =) take out some bikes on a ride to test to see if you feel comfy...but it's up to you....crystal upgraded after a season and a half of riding....good luck....

High_Revs_17
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Ron---gunnew try to open it up and see what's goin on...take it apart,etc. Dependant on what we find I'll either be replacing parts, replacing engine or sellin' bike and using $$ to get diff. bike....upgrade or 250. I don't want to pour more $$ then necessary into it. Gotta figure I paid $1400 for it + $500 initial maint.labor crap is a decent chunk of change...I wanted to at least get feelers out and get some leads/price out an engine so I can secure one and then throw it in ASAP if that's the best route to go. Hope to get it apart this week and see what the deal is. I'll let ya know...thanks for ur thoughts :)

I hear ya but my question is, what's the diagnosis? Bascially meaning when you turn the key and hit the start button, what happens?

SAXON117
07-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes, you read correctly :( I think my engine kicked it last night; gunnew take a look at it over rest of weekend but wanted to put some feelers out and at least start lookin.

PM me if anyone can give me any leads. Thanks.

~Shel

If you do need a motor PM me I have someone who may have one

Shelly
07-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey Marc--I can and will still hang w/ the big boys regardless! growl...hehe. Not feelin' ready to upgrade yet.

Saxon--thanks, I'll hit ya up dependant on what we find.

get a new bike so you can hang with the big boys =) take out some bikes on a ride to test to see if you feel comfy...but it's up to you....crystal upgraded after a season and a half of riding....good luck....

Tonupboy
07-31-2006, 11:53 AM
You're better off getting a new bike, Shel. SV650 is a sweet bike for twisties..

lu380
07-31-2006, 12:29 PM
You're better off getting a new bike, Shel. SV650 is a sweet bike for twisties..

Agreed.

Shelly, You will probably have to put a little bit of work into the suspension to make it low enough for you, but it's only a little bit higher than a Ninja 250, and only 350lbs. Since you tried sitting on my bike and didn't like the height, I should tell you that my bike is about an inch higher than stock, and I still have the stock seat. A competent mechanic can fix the ergos to fit you better.