PDA

View Full Version : Engine not turning over :(

Shelly
07-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Rode my bike to/from work yesterday. Stalled once comin' to stop and then was ok rest of ride home....This AM wouldn't even crank over AT ALL, also usually keep high beam on during day and that wasn't lighten up either. Didn't have too much time to mess since I was already late to work. Quickly checked for any loose wires under fairings (sp?) and around...all good. Not battery-fully charged it in about 20 mins when I got home today and battery is only about 2 months old, ridin' on it about every day.

Suggestions I've gotten so far...possibly Recitifier...Check clutch sensor. Any other ideas? Would appreciate any other things to check. I don't wanna try to ride it to WCW and have it crap out somewhere along the way...thanks.

~Shel

Qetesh
07-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Check your plugs and call Ron at WCW!

GIX750
07-20-2006, 09:16 PM
how thoroughly did you check ur wires, i'm not doubting you, but i had kinda the same problem, it stalled i got it runnin again but had no power as far as lights and what not, it died a couple seconds later and wouldn't start, it turned out to be my plug at the rectumfryer, granted my bike was wrecked about a year ago which cracked the plug(and i didn't notice it, DOH!!). but anyway double check your plugs and wires, and also check your voltage at the battery with the bike off, running, and at about quarter throttle(if you have a meter), to see if your bike is charging.

HondaGalToo
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Sounds like a charging problem...regulator/rectifier. Check the wires on the battery terminals and make sure they're tight.

HondaGalToo
07-20-2006, 09:27 PM
how thoroughly did you check ur wires, i'm not doubting you, but i had kinda the same problem, it stalled i got it runnin again but had no power as far as lights and what not, it died a couple seconds later and wouldn't start, it turned out to be my plug at the rectumfryer, granted my bike was wrecked about a year ago which cracked the plug(and i didn't notice it, DOH!!). but anyway double check your plugs and wires, and also check your voltage at the battery with the bike off, running, and at about quarter throttle(if you have a meter), to see if your bike is charging.

"rectumfryer" :LOL:

GIX750
07-20-2006, 09:29 PM
i learned that at mechanic school lol

oskarjr
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Shel if you have lights when you turn on the key, then it is not the battery. I would check fuses. I think you said it does not even crank over? Or does it crank and not start?
I am getting new tire on saturday morning, so you better get it running so we can ride......

CBRBob
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
The Kawi twins have a very common habit of loosening the battery cables. Snug them down with a socket, a phillips screwdriver will not do. Then charge the battery, you should be good to go.

Cakes206
07-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Does the clutch need to be pulled in to start that bike? If not, no sensor. If so, then maybe. Also, check the side stand switch(if there is one,) make sure its not stuck in the closed position.

Shelly
07-21-2006, 05:43 AM
Thanks guys :) Gunnew put battery back in in a few and check these things mentioned. Oskar-yeah, won't crank...period. high beam (only) doesn't work. Yes, I need to get it running, I refuse to miss an entire weekend w/ no riding damnit!!! hehe.

Shelly
07-21-2006, 06:32 AM
ahh...success feel so sweet ;) apparently something was loose on the connector coming from the ignition switch. My hands are small enough that I could trace it under fairing and tighten the connection and that did the trick...very strange...didn't feel loose at all though. Yayyyy...aight, gotta get ready so I can "jet" to work now..thanks peeps!

Liltenatattoo
07-21-2006, 08:41 AM
glad u fixed the problem and it was only something minor

JasonB
07-21-2006, 08:42 AM
that will be a smile :)

oskarjr
07-21-2006, 02:01 PM
ahh...success feel so sweet ;) apparently something was loose on the connector coming from the ignition switch. My hands are small enough that I could trace it under fairing and tighten the connection and that did the trick...very strange...didn't feel loose at all though. Yayyyy...aight, gotta get ready so I can "jet" to work now..thanks peeps!

Great.....Going to put new tire on this saturday so lets ride the next weekend. Got some things to do saturday but when I am done I will be looking to ride sat late afternoon and all day sunday. Let me know if you going to ride and I will be there.

Rev
07-21-2006, 02:44 PM
I am cute...that's why crystal loves me.

Throttle
07-21-2006, 03:36 PM
I am cute...that's why crystal loves me.

arent mods suppose to stop off-topic replies!!:doh: