PDA

View Full Version : in response to PitsVtec

GinoE
07-20-2006, 12:11 PM
hey kids - i didn't want to PW the sticky thread on referrals

i can see your point of view. trying the track was something i REALLY wanted to do. it's kinda like street riding, if you're not 'feeling it' then maybe not a good idea to ride that day.

i'd suggest going and watching to see what it's all about - it's too bad the 'local' track (pocono) is approx 180mi round trip. that's a long haul, just to watch (i'd guarantee you'd be an addict like the rest of us track-junkies).

i've only ridden with TPM, i can't really form an objective opinion but they really know what they're doing to make trackdays safe & fun.

Hey, that isn't nice! I'd like to think that I'm helping the site out! Besides, I've slowed up on the referrals b/c although it's a free track day, I've just been sitting back and thinking about if I really want it. It's like I do want it, but then I don't b/c I don't want to risk anything. People told me it will make me a better rider, but that is their opinion and not mine. I didn't start riding to go at everyone elses' pace; to me they are not worth it. Granted, I hang back and take my time sometimes, doesn't necessarily mean I am a bad rider. I just think too much when I'm riding about what's ahead, who's riding near me, his/her skill level and I know others lack that trait. I also don't see things like some do - to me some turns aren't always wide open to drag your knees in - they sometimes appear like 90 degree angles to me. In my own area, I'm fine b/c I know the roads, but when out in the forrest and crap, I focus on keeping safe instead of showing off my skills. I know that it is much safer on the track, but I hear stories about people wiping out too and I just can't let myself do that. So that's my story!

liquiddevil2000
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
good one gino! lolol
u dont know what u just started ...lolol

liquiddevil2000
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
she be a fiesty one... (j/k)