PDA

View Full Version : Too Hot In The Hot Tub!

Marker54
07-18-2006, 01:22 PM
So with all this heat whos still gearing up? :sun:

Rode last night for 1/2 hour with textile jacket, was drenched when I got home. Going to tool around tonight, was thinking of leaving the jacket at home. :squid:

Need to cool off:cheers:

& yes, at this very moment...i am bored at work :whistle:

_Jay_
07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Ya man. I always wear, at the least, my Mesh Jacket no matter what. Well, after sweating my ass off yesterday on the way home from work, I decided today is gonna be a t-shirt day. Man I was so paranoid riding in this morning. Something always happens to ppl on the day they don't wear their gear.

Kennedy
07-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Geared up last night, jacket gloves boots rode for 1 and 30

Rev
07-18-2006, 01:40 PM
marker..call me about insurnace for the bike..NOW lol i pmed you my digits

causef0rconcern
07-18-2006, 02:02 PM
I try to find an old pair of perforated aka worn and torn jeans to get some airflow to the legs. And I always wear the textile. I just leave it zipped 3/5ths way so you get a good air flow into it, and my non-armored fabric dirtbike gloves are barely a step better than nothing but a step nonetheless and they breathe very well.

Jay - good point about somehting happening for that 1o minutes when you aren't geared. I would feel like such an ass if I was layed up in the hospital with massive rash just because I didn't feel like sweating for a little awhile. It's not so bad as long as you keep moving. I guess it's different depending on which part of Jerz you're in, cause theres no way to avoid bits of traffic in North East/central NJ.

Cakes206
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Man I was so paranoid riding in this morning. Something always happens to ppl on the day they don't wear their gear.
Gotta ask yourself(not you personally, but generally speaking)...what hurts less...getting gravel scrapped out of your skin, or wearing gear? I'll opt for the latter...too hot for gear, I simply won't ride...I'l stay comfy in the car w/ac :lol:

_Jay_
07-18-2006, 02:55 PM
too hot for gear, I simply won't ride...I'l stay comfy in the car w/ac :lol:

Well, my A/C in my Explorer crapped out a few months ago so I figured, if I am gonna sweat in my cage anyway, I might as well ride to work.

Rock712
07-18-2006, 03:01 PM
100% gear 100% time......Was riding in my vanson exo and draggin' jeans when it drops to 90ish i'll wear the 'stich

_Jay_
07-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Well I look at it this way. Even tho I wear gear 99.99% of the time and I didn't just for today, my ride to work is all highway riding. If I go down on the highway, last thing I am worried about is my skin disintegrating off my body. I'm more concerned with the NJ Transit bus that's doing 70mph on my ass and the woman in the lane next to me talking on her cellphone.

soda7o
07-18-2006, 03:24 PM
rode in sneakers, shorts and a antzi helmet last night..

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-18-2006, 04:54 PM
sweat is easier to wipe off than blood
get a mesh jacket, they work great.
I got this and it's pretty good (the one on the top left)
http://www.highvelocitygear.com/home.html

High_Revs_17
07-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Pete, ur a damn squid now?! :squid:

Pick up a few of these shirts, they'll keep you nice and dry no matter how much you sweat.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=137&subcategory=1207&brand=&sku=11506&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

Marker54
07-18-2006, 09:53 PM

Pick up a few of these shirts, they'll keep you nice and dry no matter how much you sweat.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=137&subcategory=1207&brand=&sku=11506&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

na...not a squid...but was just bitchin on how hot it was. I know, I know...quit my fuggin complainin.

gottaducati
07-19-2006, 02:08 PM
sweat is easier to wipe off than blood
get a mesh jacket, they work great.
I got this and it's pretty good (the one on the top left)
http://www.highvelocitygear.com/home.html

yo africanbooty,
that thing looks pretty cool. do you wear that thing under a tshirt or something - or do you wear it over your shirt like a storm trooper? how does it work?

as for me i rode all weekend in my gear. i almost got heat stroke but whatever. chicks dig sweaty bikers and i got the phone numbers to prove it...
:lol:

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-19-2006, 02:24 PM
gottaducati,
put it on over a tee, kinda look like a teanage mutant ninja turtle

akomplis
07-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Gotta ask yourself(not you personally, but generally speaking)...what hurts less...getting gravel scrapped out of your skin, or wearing gear? I'll opt for the latter...too hot for gear, I simply won't ride...I'l stay comfy in the car w/ac :lol:

+1

For me its a not even a question...one sweats regardless whether its 75 or 90....now if its high 90 reaching 100...I will just wait the day out and do some riding from 6p on....in the meantime chill by the pool side and have a beer.

akomplis
07-19-2006, 03:31 PM

Are the under armor shirts the same as this one? I was thinking of picking up some...but not if it doesnt do the same as this shirt does, that is the whole purpose. I rather a shirt like this than to be soaked in sweat in a cotton shirt.

ffejtable
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
i dunno... i hopped on the biek yesterday after work, and it was mid 90s, on an all black bike and black jeans and a black mesh jacket... it really wasnt that bad at all, and it wasnt moving very fast. sure i was sweating, but that only helps cool ya down...

ill never use the heat as an excuse not to wear gear. but lack of changing facilities is another story... in lancaster 2 weekends ago i did ride with some shorts from the hotel room to the railroad attraction.... i did have my jacket on so the plan if i went down was to keep my well protected upper body on the asphalt and my ass/legs in the air ;)

soda7o
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
today i rode to work in a polo shirt and slacks..
hate me now beahces

NeonspeedRT
07-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Are the under armor shirts the same as this one? I was thinking of picking up some....

Under Armour shirts rock. I wear one as an undershirt on days I ride to work (which is almost everyday). If I'm going for a group ride i'll just wear the Under Armour shirt under my jacket. Personally I prefer the loose fitting ones over the skin tight shirts. They both seem to work equally well.

They do sell generic UA type shirts at Walmart that are much cheaper. They work ok, but not as well as the real UA shirts.

I wear gear 100% of the time and if it gets to the point where it's too hot to wear gear, then I just won't ride. It may be hot out, but road rash is 10,000 times hotter.

jesse370
07-19-2006, 08:08 PM
I gear up all the time and it sucks bad when it is like this, but you really don't notice it until you stop or get stuck in traffic for a while....But I agree on the UA I wear the shirt, the undies, socks and the skull cap. It makes a HUGE difference.

Cakes206
07-19-2006, 09:32 PM
so the plan if i went down was to keep my well protected upper body on the asphalt and my ass/legs in the air ;)
Now THATS a funny visual, you'rea mess :LOL:

High_Revs_17
07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I was thinking of picking up some...but not if it doesnt do the same as this shirt does, that is the whole purpose. I rather a shirt like this than to be soaked in sweat in a cotton shirt.

Exactly, there's no need for an underarmor shirt in this case. All you have to do is wear one of those mt./road bike jerseys under your armored leather/textile jacket and you'll be good to go.

Qetesh
07-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I love it! I always get a good laugh reading posts on this subject.

It's pretty simple folks...if it's too hot to ride, wait until the sun goes down. If you really have no respect for your body, then why stop at just wearing a tee? Put on those comfy khaki shorts and boat shoes to boot. Oh, and don't bother putting on your gloves or your helmet. That's just a waste of time.

Honestly, when will people understand, it doesn't have to be YOUR fault to fall down. But hey, who am I to say? It's not my skin and I do believe in natural selection.

Oh, and here's a thought for you. How about if you're at a trackday in say, the scorching month of August? Would you not wear gear there too?

Be smart peeps. We drop like flies in this street sport. Why not be just that much more safe and wear your gear? Period.

/Rant

Marker54
07-19-2006, 11:27 PM
I love it! I always get a good laugh reading posts on this subject.

It's pretty simple folks...if it's too hot to ride, wait until the sun goes down. If you really have no respect for your body, then why stop at just wearing a tee? Put on those comfy khaki shorts and boat shoes to boot. Oh, and don't bother putting on your gloves or your helmet. That's just a waste of time.

Honestly, when will people understand, it doesn't have to be YOUR fault to fall down. But hey, who am I to say? It's not my skin and I do believe in natural selection.

Oh, and here's a thought for you. How about if you're at a trackday in say, the scorching month of August? Would you not wear gear there too?

Be smart peeps. We drop like flies in this street sport. Why not be just that much more safe and wear your gear? Period.

/Rant

alright alright. its like being bitched out by my girl!!! GEEEEZZZZZZZ

Qetesh
07-19-2006, 11:28 PM
alright alright. its like being bitched out by my girl!!! GEEEEZZZZZZZ

That's because I am a girl :razz:

Now shut it and put your jacket on :lol:

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-20-2006, 09:21 AM
I think I'll go out in nothing but a jock strap.
Now that would be cool!

Cakes206
07-20-2006, 02:28 PM
I think I'll go out in nothing but a jock strap.
Now that would be cool!
Cool, just leave the bike out baking in the sun for a while first :LOL:

TomMatas3
07-20-2006, 06:06 PM
rode in sneakers, shorts and a antzi helmet last night..

did it have ants in it? :P

Jake
07-23-2006, 08:52 PM
my camo pants will make my legs invisible to the asphalt in case of a getoff, thus only allowing my other (protected) body parts to slide along the ground.

but I was wearing full leathers today

RAC
07-26-2006, 08:21 AM
A friend and I went to Hooters last night and saw some things that would drive some of you guys nuts in regards to wearing propper gear. We saw a female on a 929 wearing only a tube top, jeans, and what had to be 6 inch stilettos. It looked sexy but damn she had to be uncomfortable.

Shelly
07-26-2006, 09:04 AM
I always 100% gear it...you never know these days...and w/ the idiot cagers on the road; I'll take my chances sweatin' my butt off and ridin' as safe as I can then not....mesh summer jacket feels like you're wearing nothing anyway, espec. when you're movin' so...no reason not to gear it.

lu380
07-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Once in a while, I'll go a few blocks to the store without a jacket. We're talking two traffic lights, one turn, and speeds less than 35mph. Other than that, I usually wear jacket AND pants. I can't understand people who wear a jacket but not the pants. I have the Alpinstars Air-Flo pants, and they fit right over my jeans. I figure the mesh, together with jeans, is at least 1/2 as much protection as leathers.

tsxguy77
07-31-2006, 03:52 PM
I rode on Saturday and it was like 100+ easy with the humidity and I wore all my gear, leather jacket and gloves with my helmet. I dont have leather pants so I had jeans on. I was fine though. Sure it was hot but I just was so happy to be out on my bike I didnt notice it and when I got to my destination, I took of the jacket and sure enough, it dried up! I plan to invest in a mesh jacket soon, but The leather isnt too bad.

Tonupboy
07-31-2006, 04:28 PM
I commute to work on my bike almost everyday. I wear at least a Mesh jacket and knee pads on my shirt and slacks...at the end of the day, I take off my work shirt leaving just the v-neck shirt and mesh. Its not bad...mostly highway riding with your occasional traffic...just drink lots of water before leaving and you're good for 45 min of riding....

Tonupboy
07-31-2006, 04:28 PM
I commute to work on my bike almost everyday. I wear at least a Mesh jacket and knee pads on my shirt and slacks...at the end of the day, I take off my work shirt leaving just the v-neck shirt and mesh. Its not bad...mostly highway riding with your occasional traffic...just drink lots of water before leaving and you're good for 45 min of riding....

Sometimes the temperature changes in the morning by the time you leave work, so mesh works great for me...leathers in 90-100 is asking for heat stroke - you can pass out and hallucinate while riding, which is not cool...

Rev
07-31-2006, 04:29 PM

go to my paintball thread homogene...and pick a date..

Liltenatattoo
07-31-2006, 04:54 PM

Rode last night for 1/2 hour with textile jacket, was drenched when I got home. Going to tool around tonight, was thinking of leaving the jacket at home. :squid:

Well if you do leave the jacket home, atleast you have life insurance! lmao. oh yea do you know a good insurance agent, just incase your not around anymore? Oh wait, i got ur friends number saturday night. I'm all set! have fun squid!:doh:

SAXON117
07-31-2006, 05:40 PM

Most of the guys who when riding with SPRHK and myself were geared up from head to toe ( leather, textile, body armor, gloves) yesterday (7/30/06) it really doesn't get much hotter than yesterday either. Do yourself a favor and if its too hot to wear a jacket, buy at least a mesh jacket, at least it is something ( tho not much).

Squids do squidy things... don't become a plate of calimari

Marker54
07-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Well if you do leave the jacket home, atleast you have life insurance! lmao. oh yea do you know a good insurance agent, just incase your not around anymore? Oh wait, i got ur friends number saturday night. I'm all set! have fun squid!:doh:

I dont think the Life Insurance will take care of the rash!!! Kelly is good, they run a good office there....not as good as mine!!! :flip:

BTW, not a squid...just wondering, im sweatin like the rest of ya!

High_Revs_17
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
In extreme heat your body will dehydrate & fatigue less under the protection of leather rather than being exposed to the sun and wind the entire day.

Cakes206
07-31-2006, 09:48 PM
In extreme heat your body will dehydrate & fatigue less under the protection of leather rather than being exposed to the sun and wind the entire day.
No way...the reason we sweat is to try to cool off, a leather jacket and/or suit keeps the heat trapped in.

shamster
08-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I've been geared up in full leathers all summer! All I gotta say is, thank God for perforated leathers! And Underarmour too!

Seriously though, I'd still rather sweat than bleed. Plus it's not that bad as long as you keep moving.