PDA

View Full Version : Mosport

wcrbikemike
07-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I just got back from Mosport today and what a blast it was. You could not have asked for better weather. It was nice seeing Cakes and Jen as usual and meeting some new people from the board such as Chris and the other guys that were hanging out with Cakes and Jen. I hope you all made it home and had a blast this past weekend as well. I know that Chris was flying out there running 36's the last I knew. I am sure he just got quicker as the weekend went on. I managed to get down to the low 36's by the end of the day on Sunday.

Qetesh
07-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey Mike! I just got in a bit ago myself. 7 hours from Bowmanville, Ontario to Beacon NY!

I had a great time this weekend, as usual! I met a bunch of great people and got to watch my sweetie kill it on the track. I also got to watch our other pit-mates ride the track for the first time and hate it and then go back out and get better and faster and love it by the end of the weekend :lol:

I got to work the grid and crash truck yesterday and had a lot of fun doing that. I checked every rider, in every group, to make sure they were geared up properly and in the right group :nod2: I even got a hug from some blue group rider :lol:

I'm glad everyone had a great, safe and fun weekend!

My absolute highlight of the day came yesterday when Glen invited Joe out to ride in White group with him and his 2-up passenger and Joe shaved off ANOTHER 4 seconds from his best time. I'm sure he'll be posting about it as soon as he can ;)

Cakes206
07-11-2006, 12:37 PM
AHHhhhhh yes...Mosport...this past w/e has to be in my top 3 best track w/e's ths far. PERFECT weather + great company + everyone in the group keeping it upright = good times.

Mike, as always, was great to see ya. Pitted with Chris, Evan, and Bobby. Collectively we got a killer spot in the paddock, a spot on the power panel, and set up a pit with 4 ez-ups, giving us a nice lil pimp area.

The ride up was great, up until the last 10 minutes, where for the past 3 years we manage to get lost just enough to where we're "right there" but not exactly :lol: Hey Chris, the exit is 431...we looked when we left, puts you right on 57 :ohmygod: :lol:

On to the track time.
Saturday, first thing, drop of the spare rims to the trailer and have them slap on a set of Super Corsa Pros SC1/SC2. This way when I needed to, I could just swap the rims out rather than having to wait.

First session(still on the Dunlop 209GP's) get out there with a nice pace to relearn the track. When you're there once a year its hard to remember right off the bat, but it quickly comes back. Second session, still warming up, pace increasing. By the third session, full confidence in the 209's, slap on the lap timer and go WOT. Brake for lunch. After lunch the day and my riding kept getting better. Next to last session of the day, Gallo comes out to play a little bit, showed me a different line thru T-8, which I was going to try on the next lap but the checkerd came out. Last session of the day, tried the line thru 8 which proven to be alot better. Was able to carry the same, if not more speed, and not waste so much time with the line I was taking. Everything then just started to fall into place which would set up for the a perfet Sunday.

Onto Sunday. Just knew Sunday was going to be another great day, picking up where Sat left off. First session of the day, get on the track, and it was almost full steam ahead, didn't go to crazy as to give the track time to warm up some. Second session, WOT. Nuff said. Progressively shaving off time with each lap. Great sessions up till lunch. After lunch, GP cup race, Congratz to Chris coming in top 10. After the race, start up our sessions once again. Still on the 209's they seemed to just keep getting better with each session. Last session of the day(this is where the real fun kicked in,) 1/2 thru, Glen(owner of TPM) passes me between T2 and T3 with some chick's brand new sv650 with her on the back :wow: There was no way I could let this happen. Make the drive down T4 and up into Moss's Corner where I got a killer dive to shoot down for the back strait. I was able to use the added weight he had to my advantage as I was able to get a good draft, starting to reach the top of 5th gear I'm closing the gap, come out the draft, simoutaniously grabing 6th to nicely pull away. Heading up to T8 carrying some nice speed, thru 9 and 10 onto the front strait to complete the lap. Two more laps would pass as Glen and I were dicing it up real nice. End of session, I roll into our pit area about to put the bike on the stand to end what I thought was possibly one of the best sessions ever, when I see Glen rolling up yelling "Cakes...c'mon, lets go!" Not realizing what he wanted, hes like, "Get yer bike, c'mon!" Its off to go out and do another session :nod2: We grid up with white group, has the marshal let us out first, me leading. Right from the get go, we were going back and forth, I was doin shit I thought I could never do, LOL. Glen passes me again between T2 and T3, I kept it up a gear thru T3 to carry more speed, got a great drive and passed him in the shoot between 3 and 4, setting up for T4, he shows me a wheel on the inside, I stayed on i, closing the door. After the first lap, session was black flagged for a down rider. Come back and grid up, waiting for them to do a pick up, hes telling me I'm really riding well, and he was having a blast out there, to keep it up. Get let out again, and it was about 4-5 laps of pure adrenaline...after the session, I had droped 4 seconds to a 1:47, from by best time for the w/e which was a 1:51. I was stoked. All I can say is wow. All in all, was a perfect w/e...even moreso that I still have a set of rims with fresh shoes for Beaver in Aug :lol:

Evan, I'm glad you were able to get the bike fixed and get out there :thumbup:

Again, thanks to all for an awesome w/e...thanks to Qetesh for being there, working pit out, making sure everyone got out on the track safe. Can't wait for next year...is it 07 yet?

wcrbikemike
07-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Joe,
I was watching the red group for a few sessions on Sunday from turn two and you were looking nice and smooth. You also look like you are 100% more confident than you were there last year. Congrats on running those times. See you at BeaveRun in August.

Jen,
Thanks for all of your hard work running pit out on Sunday and making sure everyone was going out properly protected.

Chris
07-11-2006, 07:04 PM
All I can say is WOW!This track is crazy and fun all at the same time.Blue group was on kill all weekend.Got down to a 34 on sunday,wish we could of had another day or two so I could really learn the track.Nice to see everyone again,you know who you are.Nice camping with you guys and girl.For all of you people that don't know Tom the pit marshall,he is an awesome person.Can't wait till next year.See ya at beaver if I can wait that long,Maybe vir later this month.

Qetesh
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Joe,
I was watching the red group for a few sessions on Sunday from turn two and you were looking nice and smooth. You also look like you are 100% more confident than you were there last year. Congrats on running those times. See you at BeaveRun in August.

Jen,
Thanks for all of your hard work running pit out on Sunday and making sure everyone was going out properly protected.

No prob Mike!!! I had a great time making sure all my riders were safe and in the proper group as well as giving my sweetie a kiss in the grid before he started his session :nod2: I really enjoy being at Mosport and watching everyone ride and making sure my paddock crew was fed and watered :)

Looking forward to next year...and watching Joe riding in Blue group :nod2:

estyles
07-12-2006, 04:32 PM
well heres my take on mosport:
friday arrive to find my fork seal blew out in the trailer on the way up, great. saturday moring look around the pits for someone with a forkseal, no luck, had to drive to 3 different yamaha dealers to finally get one, get back to the track at noon rebuild the fork with the help of chris, finally get out on the track with 2 sessions left, rode red group twice and then went out in blue, cut a 1:39. definitley had a blast camping out and grilling and ciliin with everyone, i am hooked on camping now. sunday morning woke up in a funk and it carried with me all day, just kept getting slower and slower until the last session when i finally cut another 39, mosport is a track that requires some balls to go fast, wish we could get back up there again sometime this year as i know i can go faster. so we finally get home and i notice that my steering damper is leaking oil now too. eventhough i had a bunch of problems over the weekend it was still overall a good trip and highly recommend this track to anyone, it is well worth the trip. oh and the showers are nasty so watch out.

yetidave
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I hated that track for the first two sessions Saturday morning, then I went out in blue. I realized that you really need to hammer it to make the track flow. And once it starts to flow it's an amazing track. I really enjoyed it. I have no idea what my times were because I threw my timer out a long time ago.
I rode somthing like 10 sessions on Saturday and 13 on Sunday. I left exhausted on Sunday afternoon. I can't wait for next year.
My only regret is not camping at the track and hanging out with you guys. Even the guy I stayed with in Toronto said he'd have rather camped out. Of course he didn't mention it until Sunday morning. :(

Qetesh
07-12-2006, 10:56 PM
I hated that track for the first two sessions Saturday morning, then I went out in blue. I realized that you really need to hammer it to make the track flow. And once it starts to flow it's an amazing track. I really enjoyed it. I have no idea what my times were because I threw my timer out a long time ago.
I rode somthing like 10 sessions on Saturday and 13 on Sunday. I left exhausted on Sunday afternoon. I can't wait for next year.
My only regret is not camping at the track and hanging out with you guys. Even the guy I stayed with in Toronto said he'd have rather camped out. Of course he didn't mention it until Sunday morning. :(

Then next year you camp with us :nod2:

yetidave
07-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Then next year you camp with us :nod2:

Yup. :)