PDA

View Full Version : My ASRA 200mi solo challenge race report.

njracer
07-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Dat's right.....da Old & Slow guy from Da Sheep R Skeared brought home 3rd place wood in the solo 200mi race at Summit Point this weekend.

Having to race 200mi in temps well over 95 (more like 105+ on track)...the old guy put his head down and turned in a solid ride to 3rd place and $105 in his pocket (that was nice).

It was by far the hardest race I've ever done in my 11yrs on the track racing. I just kept telling myself to bring it home, don't do anything stupid and you'll do ok.

Even though the last pit stop cost me 2nd place (I should have just stayed out there) I'm still very happy where I ended up. (It's been a long time since this old guy has got any wood..lol)

I just need to thank everybody who helped out:

Mad props to........

Andy, Gill, Jeff, Brandon and most of all to Ellen.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Results:

A&J RECOGNITION SOLO CHALLENGE
Pos Name
1 LB-UNITED ROBERT LOMBARDI, BROOKLYN, NY.
2 FLC SOLO TRAVIS MCNERNEY, LEESBURG, VA. Travis McNerney
3 DA SHEEP R SHEARED- BRIAN GREGORY, OLD BRIDGE, NJ.
4 CAPPELLA RACING PAUL CAPPELLA, WEST CHESTER, PA.
5 BIO TECH ASSOCIATES JEFF LEE, BARTONSVILLE, PA. Jeff Lee
6 TEAM RACING ARBORIST ROGER WEREB, NEWARK, DE.
7 DISFUNCTION AL HARRIS, NILES, IL.
8 TEAM PUERTO RICO RAFAEL GARCIA JR, NEW YORK, NY.

Ant
07-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Nice job! 200 miles is a lot.

njracer
07-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Nice job! 200 miles is a lot.

No shit.....it was fuggin crazy. The 1st 45min (about 25 laps) was not that bad, the next 30min were starting to get to me, the following 30min after that and I was just about dead.......when I saw the white flag I was screaming...WHOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOO in my helmet....when I took the checkered flag it felt like I just won a MotoGP race.

Next up is the 6hr race at Summit in August.....and I can't wait!

njracer

Cakes206
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
200mi, damn...congratz Bri :ride:

njracer
07-05-2006, 10:54 AM
200mi, damn...congratz Bri :ride:

Somewhere around the 50 lap mark I wanted to go back to the trailer and back to bed.

BTW - you forgot to call me.

Mike295
07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
No shit.....it was fuggin crazy. The 1st 45min (about 25 laps) was not that bad, the next 30min were starting to get to me, the following 30min after that and I was just about dead.......when I saw the white flag I was screaming...WHOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOO in my helmet....when I took the checkered flag it felt like I just won a MotoGP race.

Next up is the 6hr race at Summit in August.....and I can't wait!

njracer

U might want to get a teamate for that one

njracer
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM
U might want to get a teamate for that one

We are running a 04 CBR1000rr (same bike we ran last year) with at least 3 riders.....we might have a 4th but he's not sure if he is going to do it....he keeps saying "I'm too fat and out of shape" so we shall see. I would rather do it with 3 just for the extra seat time but 4 will be fine. I just hope we don't crash it 40min into the race like we did last year.

Mike295
07-05-2006, 08:32 PM
i would love to do one of those endurance races... but i would want to use my bike... i dont have spare rims right now maby next year.

RCM78
07-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Congrats man!!! 200 miles is VERY impressive. I sure couldnt do it...
Hell, I'm exhausted after two 20 minute sessions.

njracer
07-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Congrats man!!! 200 miles is VERY impressive. I sure couldnt do it...
Hell, I'm exhausted after two 20 minute sessions.

I think the race lasted 1hr and 45min....which would be about 5+ sessions running at 85 to 90% of a sprint race pace.....with a 3min stop every 30 to 40 min to fuel up, suck down some water and pour some ice cold water into your leathers to try to cool down. I think at the secong stop I needed to change lids since the one I had on was soked with sweat.

The last 10 laps were very hard....it was hard to keep hitting brake markers at that point and keeping the lap times at a 1:25/1:26 pace (which is an easy, safe pace). I'm still glad I did it and can't wait until the next Solo Challange race at Summit (next year).

I suggest ya all do it....either sole or the team challenge (2 rider min).......best bang for the buck.

njracer

Rev
07-06-2006, 12:21 AM
OMG dood...200 miles...you deserve at least 1k for that...good job man and congratulations...skills pay off..some nice braggin rights

njracer
07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
OMG dood...200 miles...you deserve at least 1k for that...good job man and congratulations...skills pay off..some nice braggin rights

$1000 would have been nice but in reality this is club racing....if I got 2nd I would have pocketed $210...1st would have been a sweet $420. Just the fact that I scored wood (last time was in 2001) in a race where I just wanted to finish in a good position and also scored a few dollars to boot was kick ass.

njracer

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-06-2006, 02:20 PM
that's so cool!