PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rocket gloves falling apart, time for new ones....

lu380
07-02-2006, 11:39 AM
My Joe Rocket gloves are starting to come unstitched around the wrist area, so I think it's time for new ones. I really like the Icon Superduty gloves, but I have heard bad things about Icon gear. They seem to be very solidly built, and they're under $50.

I don't want carbon fiber knuckle protectors or anything like that. I already look too much lika a Power Ranger with my 2-piece mesh suit! Any other reccommendations?

tommymac
07-02-2006, 11:46 AM
I recently got the motogp gloves off the tpm site and I love them. Good fit and very comfortable, they do run a bit small in that I needed the XXL size. It did irritate the palm of my left hand a bit but thats gone away.

Tom

High_Revs_17
07-02-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm not surprised to hear that about their product in the least, box them up and send them to the company with a letter of complaint, consumer feedback is the number one form of quality control.

Don't focus on that "power ranger" cliche', CF knuckle guards will do the job, I know because I've tested them. If they weren't there I might've had some serious injury to the top part my hands after the initial impact.

You're responsible for your own skin/body and it's always nice to keep it intact should something go wrong. Get what you want, not what you think others will approve of, dress for the crash not for the ride. ;)

I've always used Teknic gear over the years with zero complaints, these gloves were crash tested and they did the job, they also managed to hold their composure over time due to the excellent quality control Teknic has in their products.

http://www.teknicgear.com/catalog.php?styleid=1&pid=14

http://www.teknicgear.com/media/products/sportbike/lgtn_gl_main.jpg

Cakes206
07-02-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm not surprised to hear that about their product in the least, box them up and send them to the company with a letter of complaint, consumer feedback is the number one form of quality control.

Not if they're 10 year old gloves or something along those lines where time and amount of use come into play, eventually stuff like that starts to happen from normal conditions. Now if they were like 6 mo. old hardley used then I would say complain.

Held just came out with a new line(don't even see it on their site yet), I tried them on yesterday at WCW, excellent product. And it has knuckle protection that almost feels like that newish kind of bed liner material for pick ups(that stuff they spray on and it hardens is the best way I can describe it.) Also has a rubber squeegie thing built into the forefinger of the left glove to wipe your sheild incase it rains. I forgot the exact model name, I'll find out Wed.

lu380
07-02-2006, 01:09 PM

Don't focus on that "power ranger" cliche', CF knuckle guards will do the job, I know because I've tested them. If they weren't there I might've had some serious injury to the top part my hands after the initial impact.

You're responsible for your own skin/body and it's always nice to keep it intact should something go wrong. Get what you want, not what you think others will approve of, dress for the crash not for the ride. ;)

I've always used Teknic gear over the years with zero complaints, these gloves were crash tested and they did the job, they also managed to hold their composure over time due to the excellent quality control Teknic has in their products.

http://www.teknicgear.com/catalog.php?styleid=1&pid=14

http://www.teknicgear.com/media/products/sportbike/lgtn_gl_main.jpg

I will definately get a pair of gloves with gauntlets for my first track day, but I'm looking for an easy-on, easy-off short-cuff glove.

ronin_01r1
07-03-2006, 10:22 AM
i bought icon's titanium short gloves bc they look cool for casual rides. for aggressive or track riding, i wear my alpinestars guantlet gloves.

Rock712
07-03-2006, 02:48 PM
www.newenough.com has held gloves cheap

jcblitz
07-03-2006, 03:39 PM
I use to average 1 set of joe rocket nova's a season. I love that glove (which is why I bought 3 pairs) but they just wear out way to quick. I bought a set of icon ti-max shorts which are built for war, but I just didn't like them as much. I one finger clutch a lot and it was just painful in that glove due to the armor plate locations. But you said you don't want to be a power ranger so I know nothing of gloves without super powers. If they're unobtrusive (like the nova's) I don't see it standing out as much, but I looked like master shredder in the ti-max.

Shelly
07-04-2006, 06:40 PM
I have the Held "Steve" gloves...fit well. I tried the knuckle protectors on too when I was first looking...I found them not too comfortable to wear in general=probably wouldn't feel too good to manipulate controls with either. Just my 3 cents :)

High_Revs_17
07-04-2006, 08:48 PM
I have the Held "Steve" gloves...fit well. I tried the knuckle protectors on too when I was first looking...I found them not too comfortable to wear in general=probably wouldn't feel too good to manipulate controls with either. Just my :2cents: :)

:P

Jake
07-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Nothing wrong with Joe Rocket gloves.. I have the Speedmaster 5.0 or whatever and they're like racing gloves..

sonny
07-06-2006, 07:28 AM
TERADACTEL!
TRICERITOPS!
SABER TOOTH TIGER!

TYRANOSAURUS!!

GO GO POWER RANGERS

Rock712
07-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Sonny,

Those without motorcycles aren't allowed to comment.......

Cakes206
07-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Sonny,

Those without motorcycles aren't allowed to comment.......

Damn, talk bout hittin below the belt :ohmygod: :owned:

southjersey636
07-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Im looking into the new Alpinestars S-Octain Moto gloves. Full leather but short cuff.