PDA

View Full Version : Valentino Rossi Injured....

IrocRob
06-22-2006, 12:08 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Jun/tb/060622x.htm

Dutch TT: Free Practice One
Rossi Injured At Assen
by toby hirst
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 Shinya Nakano Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR 1:39.619
2 John Hopkins Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:39.887
3 Casey Stoner Honda LCR Honda RC211V 1:40.031
4 Chris Vermeulen Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:40.429
5 Carlos Checa Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:40.725
6 Colin Edwards Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:40.861
7 Marco Melandri Fortuna Honda Honda RC211V 1:40.931
8 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:41.032
9 Makoto Tamada Konica Minolta Honda Honda RC211V 1:41.209
10 Kenny Roberts Jnr. Team Roberts KR211V 1:41.304
11 Randy De Puniet Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR 1:41.322
12 Nicky Hayden Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:41.386
13 Alex Hofmann Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:41.907
14 Loris Capirossi Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:42.974
15 James Ellison Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:43.389
16 Valentino Rossi Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:44.088
17 Jose Luis Cardoso Team D'Antin Pramac Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:44.558
18 Ivan Silva Team D'antin Pramac Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:46.254
19 Toni Elias Fortuna Honda Honda RC211V 1:48.919

Weather: Dry-Wet.

The first free practice session at the 'new' Assen circuit has ended with Kawasaki's Shinya Nakano setting the fastest time after a rain-hit 90-minute exploratory run, but the real drama came when Valentino Rossi crashed heavily early on.

The Doctor fell from his YZR-M1 machine at high-speed approaching the final chicane and had to be stretchered off to the medical center.

Early reports from track-side indicated that Camel Yamaha's Rossi had broken his wrist and sustained injuries to his chest and ankle. He attended a Dutch hospital for further examinations, and as yet there is no official word on his condition and his further participation in this weekend's race meeting.

UPDATE:
"Valentino suffered hairline fractures to his right hand and left ankle,
as well as bruising to his chest"

Rossi took part in this afternoon's session, but could only manage 12th place, 1.314 seconds in arrears of Camel Yamaha team-mate, Edwards.

The injury score-card has increased still further, as Fortuna Honda's Toni Elias has withdrawn from the Dutch TT with an injured shoulder, Elias also a victim of a morning crash, he completed just two laps.

Marco Melandri and Loris Capirossi are both riding at Assen, but both are battered and bruised following the first corner accident in Barcelona. Sete Gibernau is absent from this race meeting, and almost certain to miss the British Grand Prix as a result of the same Catalan shunt.

Kennedy
06-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Fuck so much for another winning year

Smokes35
06-22-2006, 02:42 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO!?!?!?!?!? CANCEL THE MOTOGP SEASON!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

to bad so sad, if u dont want to get hurt, dont ride motorcycles, peace love dope.

SAXON117
06-22-2006, 03:22 PM
God Damn it!

IrocRob
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
ROSSI UPDATE:

The Italian was two laps into his second run of the morning when the rear tyre of his YZR-M1 machine lost its grip on the cool Assen circuit and threw him into the air in the fast left-hander before the final chicane. After undergoing x-rays in the Clinica Mobile, which confirmed hairline fractures to the pisiform bone on his right hand and his left malleolus (ankle), Rossi was then taken to the Assen Hospital for a thorax scan which thankfully showed no further damage. He bravely returned to the track in the afternoon and set the twelfth fastest time despite being in some pain and discomfort.

Valentino Rossi (12th - 1'39.458; 23 laps)

"I'm okay and I would like everyone to relax about it, even if it's been quite hard for me to ride! I have a little fracture on my left foot and also a small fracture on my right wrist, so when I give gas and brake it's really hard. I don't have much power or feeling. Plus I got a big bruise on my thorax and I couldn't breathe well for a long time. I had all the examinations necessary to check if everything was okay and with some painkillers I was able to ride this afternoon. The problem this morning was that we started with a tyre that was a bit too hard on the left. When it started to rain I stopped and when I started again I felt that I didn't have enough grip on the left side. I tried to do another lap to see if the grip would improve, but in a really fast point, with the bike leaned over on the left side, I took a flight through the air! It was a big high-side and the first time I hit the ground was very hard. It's a really unlucky thing for us because here I can feel that our bike is working really well, as Colin has shown. The track is not like the old Assen, but anyway it's not so bad. I need to see how it will be when I can ride at the maximum and hopefully I will feel in better shape tomorrow so I can do that."

Cakes206
06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Don't let these injuries fool ya...he'll be ok...hes got alot of passing to do.

CBRBob
06-22-2006, 11:20 PM
peace love dope.

Now get the fuck outta here!
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/moviepics/fieldofdreams5.jpg

oskarjr
06-25-2006, 02:09 PM
If he don't come back in a few days, I will have to take his place.....

High_Revs_17
06-25-2006, 02:26 PM
His quote was edited...not enough "Eehh" 's in there. :lol:

Glad he's okay for the most part, they'll patch him up quick, he'll be bionic before the next session.

SPRHK
06-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Holy Shit!!!!!!! Did you see that finish?????:wow:

SAXON117
06-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Holy Shit!!!!!!! Did you see that finish?????:wow:

couldn't ask for a more exciting finish that that? and Rossi didn't do to bad for being screwed up from his injuries:nod2:

SPRHK
06-25-2006, 08:40 PM
couldn't ask for a more exciting finish that that? and Rossi didn't do to bad for being screwed up from his injuries:nod2:
Cant believe Edwards threw it away in the last turn!! That's ok, my boy Nicky took his second win and one step closer to the championship title!!

SAXON117
06-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Cant believe Edwards threw it away in the last turn!! That's ok, my boy Nicky took his second win and one step closer to the championship title!!

:gay:

DougZ
06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Nicky got 'er done. Rossi must have given Edwards the OK to start riding fast since he was hurt. LOL