PDA

View Full Version : Barber 2007 - Mother's Day w/e

Cakes206
06-19-2006, 01:36 PM
With all the rage about Barber I'm definitely hittin up this track next year. Like to get a big group from SBA to head down there. The track day w/e will be held by Sportbike Track Time and Lord Duck Hunter(Mike, owner of rc51.org.) Reason I'm asking now is this event ALWAYS sells out real fast(so I'm told.) Remember that this is also Mother's Day w/e, setting up a poll to get in idea of who all would be interested. Can also make a vacation out if it being the motorcycle museum is there as well. The price for an all included thing would be $465 for both days, includes private dinner & museum tour, t-shirt, photo CD of the track day w/e for every rider. For more information about SST, check out http://sportbiketracktime.com/

Vin
06-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Mother's day weekend... well, that counts me out. :LOL:
Unless, of course, I'd like to get disowned by my mother and divorced by my wife.

The poll is also inconclusive.
Would I take a trip to Barber? Yes.
Would I take a trip to Barber during Mother's Day weekend? No.

FigNewTon
06-19-2006, 01:40 PM
You know i'm in

Qetesh
06-19-2006, 01:42 PM
I'd like to go.

Cakes206
The poll is also inconclusive.
Would I take a trip to Barber? Yes.
Would I take a trip to Barber during Mother's Day weekend? No.

It states THE trip, not A trip :LOL:

JasonB
Mothers day...going to be hard for me...will try tho

IrocRob
06-19-2006, 01:45 PM
I'd love to go to Barber...:ride:

Lord Duckhunter
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
$465 was last years price. We have yet to finalize pricing for 2007

This event is also a Friday / Saturday event so you might even be home in time for Mothers Day on Sunday :D

http://www.rogueracing.org/barber/ldh0512.jpg

Cakes206
06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
This event is also a Friday / Saturday event so you might even be home in time for Mothers Day on Sunday :D

Ahh, even better for all. I was told sat/sun by someone...damn kids these days :P

JasonB
06-19-2006, 02:05 PM
I'd like to go.
Cakes says no you cant go...lol

Lakota
06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
You can count me in as well as a couple other teammates.We are thinking about heading there this August as well

njf4i
06-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Just a quick question about the org that is running it. Do you have to go thru a art basic type class to run there?

Cakes206
06-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Just a quick question about the org that is running it. Do you have to go thru a art basic type class to run there?
Not exactly sure how that works. Might be more indepth on their site.

HondaGalToo
06-19-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm interested. I ride with STT and have been wanting to do one of their Barber dates for awhile now. That could be the one!

Lord Duckhunter
06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Just for clarification I own RC51.org & I also work for STT.

Our event is slightly different than a typical STT day in that we have a Street Class rather than a Novice class. Classroom Instruction is available & highly encouraged, but it is not mandatory that you show up for the classroom (except for the first one). However I have seen this many times & the ones that opt out of the classroom always end up getting their ass handed to them by noon on the first day. Ultimately we like to give our Street guys a lot more one-on-one (including advanced) instruction than they would typically receive in a normal STT Novice class.

We also have the regular Intermediate & Advanced Groups as well, but be prepared as these are not your regular track day groups. Many of our Advanced riders really are EXPERT class racers & haul the mail & most of our Intermediate group riders are as fast as the Advanced group at most trackdays.

http://www.rogueracing.org/host/ldh313a.jpg

NYCSTRIPES
06-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Definitely interested, when would you need definite answers, hard to plan in advance that far with work. I just had a look at the 2007 calendar, May 11 and May 12 are going to be the track dates?
Ken

Cakes206
06-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Definitely interested, when would you need definite answers, hard to plan in advance that far with work. I just had a look at the 2007 calendar, May 11 and May 12 are going to be the track dates?
Ken
Yea, whatever that Fri and Sat is. :nod2:

Qetesh
06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Cakes says no you cant go...lol

:( Bummer :cry:

ffejtable
06-20-2006, 09:10 AM
This will depend on a few things... Like who I can trailer down with and if I can make it back for mothers day... I am sure she can take a raincheck, but I'd rather not....

All inclusive means hotel as well?

Cakes206
06-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Not all inclusive...just whats listed.

Ant
06-22-2006, 07:49 PM
This will depend on a few things... Like who I can trailer down with and if I can make it back for mothers day... I am sure she can take a raincheck, but I'd rather not....

I might be willing to trailer down with you. But we'll see.

NYCSTRIPES
11-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Mother's Day weekend is going to be a tough one.
Ken

High_Revs_17
11-07-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm surprised to hear that this organization would allow a bunch of street hooligans on the track with little or no instruction. That may attract more riders in the beginning but most likely will hold up everyone else thru the course of a day due to the ambulance and medevac units geting more track time than the riders.

NYCSTRIPES
11-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Street Hooligans? I am not sure I am following your train of thought. SportBike Track Time is another track day organization with seasoned control riders/coaches just like TPM does. If you can't follow the safety rules, pass tech inspection or just ride like a jackass you will be asked to leave. No refunds given. If you injure yourself, you've undoubtedly signed a waiver just to enter the facility, just like at every other track facility I have been to. You had just better have your medical insurance in good standing just like for any other track day.
STT also separates its riders by riding ability/experience, just like TPM does. They also offer rider instruction as well. You should check it out some more.
Ken
http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/experience.html

RCM78
11-07-2006, 07:20 AM
I'm surprised to hear that this organization would allow a bunch of street hooligans on the track with little or no instruction. That may attract more riders in the beginning but most likely will hold up everyone else thru the course of a day due to the ambulance and medevac units geting more track time than the riders.

Have you ever even been to the track?? :nopity:

tommymac
11-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Street Hooligans? I am not sure I am following your train of thought. SportBike Track Time is another track day organization with seasoned control riders/coaches just like TPM does. If you can't follow the safety rules, pass tech inspection or just ride like a jackass you will be asked to leave. No refunds given. If you injure yourself, you've undoubtedly signed a waiver just to enter the facility, just like at every other track facility I have been to. You had just better have your medical insurance in good standing just like for any other track day.
STT also separates its riders by riding ability/experience, just like TPM does. They also offer rider instruction as well. You should check it out some more.
Ken

I have heard some people complain about the east coast people with STT compared to how things are run on the west coast. And i read it on the internet so it must be true:roflmao: I have never riden with them so I cant say anything god or bad about them but should be able to go on something like that.

Tom

Barbi
11-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Mr. flrc51girl rode with RC51.org group at Jennings a few years back didn't seem to have any "street hooligans" just a buncha guys (and gals) that wanted to ride the track. :huh: Plus it was cool to see a shitload of RC's running around the track, that particular day.

He had a blast btw.

Lord Duckhunter
11-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I am an instructor for STT & I also own the ROGUE RC51 group. The members of ROGUE are without a doubt the most experienced & safe group of track riders I have ever ridden with. We have a higher level of courtesy as well as general skill levels in all the classes (Street, Intermediate & Advanced) than any other group I've witnessed. I don't think we had a single red flag at all last year over the course of 2 days at Barber & in the last 5 years of doing this I think we have only transported 2 riders ever to the hospital. I don't know of any other organizations or events that can boast those numbers...

The bottom line is my RC51 site is a payed access site & the members hold themselves to a much higher standard than any other forum. We don't allow stunters or posers & when one shows up I refund his money & kick his ass out. The end result is a well ran forum with a mature & serious mindset about the sport.

FigNewTon
11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I am an instructor for STT & I also own the ROGUE RC51 group. The members of ROGUE are without a doubt the most experienced & safe group of track riders I have ever ridden with. We have a higher level of courtesy as well as general skill levels in all the classes (Street, Intermediate & Advanced) than any other group I've witnessed. I don't think we had a single red flag at all last year over the course of 2 days at Barber & in the last 5 years of doing this I think we have only transported 2 riders ever to the hospital. I don't know of any other organizations or events that can boast those numbers...

The bottom line is my RC51 site is a payed access site & the members hold themselves to a much higher standard than any other forum. We don't allow stunters or posers & when one shows up I refund his money & kick his ass out. The end result is a well ran forum with a mature & serious mindset about the sport.
As a ROGUE member and STT rider I can fully back Mike's comments above. They run an extremely safe and well put together event. I have yet to witness any display of "Hooliganism" or unsafe riding. I can also assure you that if this was to take place it would not be tolerated in the least.

John712
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
i voted yes, but will have to be back for mothers day, and i mean i have to be back or john217 will be deadman217 lol

i would like to give it a try and see whats the difference with TPM, not that i got anything bad to say about them, i have nothing but good words for TPM overall

ffejtable
11-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Well my job situation kinda has all tracks plans for next year on hold as it is... This will probably have to wait until the following year for me :(

High_Revs_17
11-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Ken

My observation was based from this quote listed below by Lord Duckhunter. When it comes to creating a controlled environment classroom time should be mandatory, there's nothing wrong with having enough safety, all other points you mentioned seem to be on par.

"Classroom Instruction is available & highly encouraged, but it is not mandatory that you show up for the classroom (except for the first one). However I have seen this many times & the ones that opt out of the classroom always end up getting their ass handed to them by noon on the first day."

Qetesh
11-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Cleaned up the garbage. Enough already. Stay on topic.

pillaka
11-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I think i went to a STT day with fireblades.org last summer at grattan. From my experiance it was pretty organized. My 3rd day I ran in the Advanced group, which was nice cause there were only 7 other guys in it!

HondaGalToo
11-10-2006, 08:02 AM
I think i went to a STT day with fireblades.org last summer at grattan. From my experiance it was pretty organized. My 3rd day I ran in the Advanced group, which was nice cause there were only 7 other guys in it!

You were at the fireblades.org day, which had nothing to do whatsoever with STT! :) STT had a few days there following the fireblades event, however. There were few people there because it's a private event. You'll see A LOT more people on the grid at a typical STT day. STT's no worse than anyone else.