First 100 to sign-in receive free T-shirt
Donation $20 per rider $15 Passenger $Picnic Only $15
Begin: Mine Hill Fire Department on Route 46 Mine Hill, NJ

Sign In: 9:30am
Shotgun Start: 11:30 am
End: The Junction on Route 206, Andover NJ
Picnic @ 1:00pm

For More Info visit: www.knightsoffire3nj.com
When I have extact time and details I will update.
For now if interested post "IN" to be added to attendee list

Attending:

post up if you can make it!

soda7o
06-09-2006, 04:49 PM
i don tmean to be an ass or bea party pooper or anythign but ...
whats up with all these rides that mak eyou pay for riding.. ? really...? i mean it scool and a good cuase and all but what happened to just asking for donations? or hou about doing somethign for them? i don tknwo it just seems to me that there are alot more of these things popping up left and right.. they all seem to have a good cause behind them but really think about it.. paying to ride?

sorry i was just thinking..

jcblitz
06-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Here's a bit about the foundation:

Ryan Doltz’s family has asked that a scholarship be established in his memory to benefit a cadet in the Band Company. Gifts made to the VMI Foundation in Ryan’s memory will be used to establish the Ryan Doltz ’00 Scholarship. To contribute to this scholarship, checks should be made out the VMI Foundation, with a notation that the gift is in memory of Ryan Doltz. On-line donations can also be made through the Foundation Website. Checks should be sent to:

VMI Foundation
P.O. Box 932
Lexington, Va. 24450
For additional information,
contact Warren “Buddy” J. Bryan ’71 at (800) 444-1839

A bit about him:

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/redoltz.htm

Liltenatattoo
07-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Here's a bit about the foundation:

A bit about him:

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/redoltz.htm

thank you! How much would you really "donate" if you showed up to ride with a bunch of Harleys. They use the money collected for alot of different things to help other people out in his memory. I went to high school with Ryan, and his mom was my instructor in school, so i knew him pretty well. $20 isn't too much to ask, plus there's a band and food at the end, so it can't be too bad. It's not a total waste of 20 bucks. I'd pay $20 in memory of any of you momo's lol. :doh:
Just go!

and i updated the info.

Pistol
07-18-2006, 09:42 PM
I'll try to make this one.

High_Revs_17
07-18-2006, 09:50 PM
i don tmean to be an ass or bea party pooper or anythign but ...
whats up with all these rides that mak eyou pay for riding.. ? really...? i mean it scool and a good cuase and all but what happened to just asking for donations? or hou about doing somethign for them? i don tknwo it just seems to me that there are alot more of these things popping up left and right.. they all seem to have a good cause behind them but really think about it.. paying to ride?

sorry i was just thinking..

Speaking of smoking crack? :lol:

ffejtable
07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
nobody says you have to do this ride, or any ride for that matter.. its america and we have the choice to go or not to go...

this is essentially a fundraiser for whats probably a non profit org.... no different than american diabetes assoc doing their annual tour de cure, the MS walk-a-thons, etc...

GinoE
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
sat weather is looking good

CuCullin
08-17-2006, 09:56 AM
nobody says you have to do this ride, or any ride for that matter.. its america and we have the choice to go or not to go...

this is essentially a fundraiser for whats probably a non profit org.... no different than american diabetes assoc doing their annual tour de cure, the MS walk-a-thons, etc...

True, but I know what soda is saying. I give to alot of causes, but I can only do so much. An event like this used to be a way to raise awareness, and participation was as good as donation, because you helped spread. Perhaps I could only put in $5, because its all I had, but I'd garnish interest in 5 other people who could put in $10. Now thats $55. If I *have* to pay to do something, its not a donation, its charging me for something. Atleast, thats the feeling it instills.

That said I'll be sending a check, though not participating in the ride - the Knights of Fire are a good bunch of guys.

Liltenatattoo
08-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know the ride went great. well over 1,000 bikes, maybe even 2,000. They had every intersection blocked off. we only had to touch our feet down once or twice during the whole 75 miles. it went up rt. 15 over to rt. 23 threw high point, then down 206. Going threw each town and past numerous fire stations, most every town had their fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars out for show, most hanging an american flag from the top of the ladder. Blowing sirens, waving...even lil kids and families on their front lawns waving us by. It was for a good cause, and not all of the money went to the foundation i'll tell you that. They had a great breakfast for us in the begining. And at the end a live band, free drinks (including beer, duh!), free burgers & dogs, giveaways. by the way mike i expect you to be wearing that skull cap you won. lol. So it was a good time, well worth donating $20. And very well organized. I give 2 big thumbs up for the knights of fire!

Liltenatattoo
08-21-2006, 08:53 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/Liltenatattoo/runforryan.jpg

HookRone
08-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know the ride went great. well over 1,000 bikes, maybe even 2,000. They had every intersection blocked off. we only had to touch our feet down once or twice during the whole 75 miles. it went up rt. 15 over to rt. 23 threw high point, then down 206. Going threw each town and past numerous fire stations, most every town had their fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars out for show, most hanging an american flag from the top of the ladder. Blowing sirens, waving...even lil kids and families on their front lawns waving us by. It was for a good cause, and not all of the money went to the foundation i'll tell you that. They had a great breakfast for us in the begining. And at the end a live band, free drinks (including beer, duh!), free burgers & dogs, giveaways. by the way mike i expect you to be wearing that skull cap you won. lol. So it was a good time, well worth donating $20. And very well organized. I give 2 big thumbs up for the knights of fire!

I was stuck on 23 in High Pt at the bottom of the hill near DQ when you guys turned off 23. Look like a great turn out.

Liltenatattoo
08-21-2006, 01:11 PM
haha ur the 4th person who told me they were stuck because of the ride. sorry eveyrone. lol. yea good turn out. great after party. but kinda silly to see cops and rescue members giving away beer to a thousands of riders.....knowing they have to ride home. i was expecting a dui check point up the road. lmao. that would have been funny shit. and it wasn't like they gave you 1 beer. they gave you a cup, free refills!!! woah!