PDA

View Full Version : VIR 5/27-29

Vin
05-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to say that it was great to see all the familiar faces (Cakes, Qetesh, ffejtable, Jase, Southpaw, Hanz, Omar, Bob, Doug, Kennedy, Mack, Bad1k, the whole TGR crew and anyone I may have missed...)

It was a great weekend and I certainly learned a lot of new things!

Hope Hanz is feeling better!

Kennedy
05-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Same here guys I had a blast, too bad I couldn't get in sunday

JasonB
05-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah guys had a good time. I too learn alot. That north track is insanly fast.

Will post up pic soon.

tommymac
05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
How bout the guy who drove your ass there and back:LOL:

Kenedy did you get bumped up to red yet or are still in white. I felt realy good on sunday and probably could have at least tried to mix it up with you out there on sunday. Monday it wouldnt have happened though took me way too long to try to learn the course and fatigue caught up real quick.

Tom

AfricanBootyScratcher
05-30-2006, 10:56 AM
good weekend, I had a lot of fun running with all of you!

Vin
05-30-2006, 11:04 AM
How bout the guy who drove your ass there and back:LOL:

I'm changing your title. :roflmao:

ffejtable
05-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey guys... Definately a whole lot of fun and was nice to meet up with some people I havent seen at the track in a long time (or at all).. Try not to let it be a once a year kinda thing....

Was feeling much better out there by the end of the weekend.. Still not 100%, but I made a lot of improvement out there (mentally)...

Mack
05-30-2006, 12:37 PM
hey nice seeing everyone. Hope to cya out there again. I'm headed to Summit at the end of June anyone else?

ronin_01r1
05-30-2006, 01:34 PM
sounds like u all had a great time. where are the pics?!? and what happened to hanz???

High_Revs_17
05-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Lot's of Jersey plates in the parking lot...they know how we do it. ;)

Qetesh
05-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Got in a little while ago. Great to see everyone, and you know who you are ;)

It was hotter then balls down there, but had fun riding North yesterday and working with Omar at the end. Crazy bastid sliding all over the place with a cooked tire :lol: That's why we all love him :lol:

Some good riding was had by everyone this weekend!

Hani, heal up quickly!

pillaka
05-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Well the 03 gixxer 1k I got was retarted fun! Must've hit 170+ on the south and north straights, and it power wheelies in 4th gear going down the hill after the kink on south course!

John712
05-30-2006, 09:02 PM
had a great time. or shall i say BLAST.
good seeing you all again.

I was talking to Hanz earlier today and he is fine other then being sore and what not.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=03HV00AB2Z&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=

Cakes206
05-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Hot as balls is an understatement. I never drank so much water and Gatoraide in my life. I think every hotel in the area was missing their wash cloths. The latest trick is keeping one in the cooler and throw it on yer head after a session...works great on bald heads :LOL:
Sunday was my first run at the South course. Was a little shakey first couple sessions, but the 3rd session it started to click. Track is crazy fun and real technical. The surface is really smooth, I really think I might like South better than North...South is more "sv650 friendly" it being smaller, and tighter :drool:
Monday on North was good too, something about North though brought all the crazies out the wood work. Maybe it was a full moon? :lol: This w/e makes my 4th and 5th track days on the 209GP's and boy do I really like these tires. They got crazy grip. I'll be ordering up another set shortly, think I'll want a fresh set of rubber for Mosport.

Anywho, was really great seeing everyone, meeting new faces...thanks for some good times.

Glad to hear you're feelin better Hanz!

Qetesh
05-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Hot as balls is an understatement. I never drank so much water and Gatoraide in my life. I think every hotel in the area was missing their wash cloths. The latest trick is keeping one in the cooler and throw it on yer head after a session...works great on bald heads :LOL:
Sunday was my first run at the South course. Was a little shakey first couple sessions, but the 3rd session it started to click. Track is crazy fun and real technical. The surface is really smooth, I really think I might like South better than North...South is more "sv650 friendly" it being smaller, and tighter :drool:
Monday on North was good too, something about North though brought all the crazies out the wood work. Maybe it was a full moon? :lol: This w/e makes my 4th and 5th track days on the 209GP's and boy do I really like these tires. They got crazy grip. I'll be ordering up another set shortly, think I'll want a fresh set of rubber for Mosport.

Anywho, was really great seeing everyone, meeting new faces...thanks for some good times.

You looked awesome out there this weekend ;) It was fun to watch you on South course! I would have watched you on North, but I was too busy riding and trying to keep cool with my stolen hotel washcloth before having to go out again :lol:

Forgot to mention that I briefly met Wishes (Tina) while in the grid during one of the morning sessions. I think she was thinking :wtf: who is that girl talkin to me in the grid, in her helmet :lol:

Wishes
05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey Qetesh! I wish I could have found you in the pits but it was nice meeting you briefly! :LOL: Hopefully next time we'll have more time to talk!

But Hot ain't even the word to describe this weekend. I think it just got hotter each day from Sat-Mon and was pushing a 100 degrees. I just got in shortly ago and it was blazing hot when we all pulled out of Danville. I don't even know how many cases of water and gatorade we all went thru. No matter how much fluids we kept drinking it wasn't enough. But nonetheless a fawkin AWESOME time there yet again! And the CR's rocked with working with me out there! :cheers:

I'll post a few pics that I have shortly! :)

AfricanBootyScratcher
05-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah, spoke to Hanz this afternoon. He's doing well. Has some memory loss, but is looking forward to getting back on that horse. The good thing is that he doesn't remember the accident so he's not spooked by it. ha ha!

Feel better soon Hanzi habibi!

Qetesh
05-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh yeah, spoke to Hanz this afternoon. He's doing well. Has some memory loss, but is looking forward to getting back on that horse. The good thing is that he doesn't remember the accident so he's not spooked by it. ha ha!

Feel better soon Hanzi habibi!

That's awesome news Omar!!!! Thanks for posting an update!!!!

CBRBob
05-30-2006, 10:33 PM
I think every hotel in the area was missing their wash cloths. The latest trick is keeping one in the cooler and throw it on yer head after a session...works great on bald heads :LOL:

You mean this...................?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/cakehat.jpg

Check out some of the crew......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/sbacrew.jpg

AfricanBootyScratcher
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
hahahahahaha
bob, that has to be your greatest avitar yet!!!

Mike295
05-30-2006, 10:41 PM

sounds like u had fun...

I think the south course is more for a 1k then a smaller bike. that front straight is long

Brian78
05-30-2006, 10:44 PM
damn, i wish i was there.

Cakes206
05-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I think the south course is more for a 1k then a smaller bike. that front straight is long

The other way around. North has the crazy front strait w/the kink.

You mean this...................?
Should read, "I have no idea what you said, so heres a cakes with a towel on his head." :lol:

IrocRob
05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Great Times at the track....Can't wait for the next one...

Hani is back at home after a long couple of days...
He'll be back on the bike soon.

Cakes206
05-30-2006, 11:45 PM
If anyone has pics, please post here (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=34026#post34026).

GinoE
05-31-2006, 12:07 AM
get well soon hani :cheers:

thanks qetesh, cakes for including me in your group :hail:

very cool meeting everyone and listening to all the benchracing, i could listen to omar :blahblah: about corners all day.

Vin
05-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Paparazzi caught up to these people:

tommymac
05-31-2006, 08:47 AM

Cool I was hoping that one would come out:roflmao:

BTW vin I like the new sig:yawn: considering we were both doing that at the time :lol:

Tom

CBRBob
05-31-2006, 08:58 AM

Yep, here too......

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1087910/paparaz.jpg

JasonB
05-31-2006, 09:10 AM
They're famous ...i've seen them before. I wanted there autograph but they were too cool to sign...glad you got them on film...:lol:

DougZ
05-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Good times indeed. Nice seeing all the old faces.

NYCSTRIPES
05-31-2006, 10:56 AM
I also had a great time, I regret not making the rounds to introduce myself in between sessions, but it was just too damned hot. All I could find myself wanting to do was get out of the leather suit, sit down and re-hydrate. I just barely managed to drink enough gatorade/water to keep from cramping up while riding. Amazing how hot it was for the entire weekend.
As for my bulldog MEATBALL, my girlfriend set him up with an ice pack taped to his harness and he dealt with the heat pretty well, all things considered, especially on Sunday. That paddock area just bounces the heat back at you from the ground.
I came away from the South Course liking it about as much as the North Course. The South was laid out so nicely that I would definitely like to hit that place again and again.

Here's a short clip of me on the South Course with my TLR http://media.putfile.com/2003_TLR_VIR_SOUTH

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/TPM_Video_Clips_VIR_May_2006013.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/MEATBALL/TPM_Video_Clips_VIR_May_2006016.jpg

High_Revs_17
05-31-2006, 11:10 AM
With the temps being in the high 80's to low 90's up here I knew it had to be a scorcher down south...and some of you were wearing black or dark colored long and short sleeve cotton shirts under your leathers...I was sweating just looking at the pics! :lol:

Mike295
05-31-2006, 11:41 AM
that dog looks so friggin cute

CBRBob
05-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Here's a short clip of me on the South Course with my TLR http://media.putfile.com/2003_TLR_VIR_SOUTH

Hey, she got Rita on the grid too! :boogie:

Wishes
05-31-2006, 12:04 PM
I also had a great time, I regret not making the rounds to introduce myself in between sessions, but it was just too damned hot. All I could find myself wanting to do was get out of the leather suit, sit down and re-hydrate. I just barely managed to drink enough gatorade/water to keep from cramping up while riding. Amazing how hot it was for the entire weekend.
As for my bulldog MEATBALL, my girlfriend set him up with an ice pack taped to his harness and he dealt with the heat pretty well, all things considered, especially on Sunday. That paddock area just bounces the heat back at you from the ground.
I came away from the South Course liking it about as much as the North Course. The South was laid out so nicely that I would definitely like to hit that place again and again.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/2003%20Suzuki%20TL1000R/TPM_Video_Clips_VIR_May_2006013.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/nycstripes/MEATBALL/TPM_Video_Clips_VIR_May_2006016.jpg

Damn dude...we were pitted right next to you with that huge group of canopies all together.

High_Revs_17
05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Nice clip NYC!

ffejtable
05-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey NYC! Didnt even know that was you... DougZ (grey primer gix6 with blue Z tape) and Dan (#40, black and blue gix6) were pitted across from you with two blue canopies. I spent most of my day there as well (blue zx6r with lots of duct tape, zip ties and glue) cause my girl was hanging out with dougs girl...

I actually remember you posing for that pic between the two bikes too, heh... Didnt see the dog with the icepacks on him tho.. very cute pic...

lateapex
05-31-2006, 01:14 PM

Is that Omar following you?

NYCSTRIPES
05-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I guess if it wasn't so hot, we would have figured out who we were pitted with or next to. Now we know for the next time.

On Sunday, the dog spent most of the day under my trailer...smart of him. He only came out for water and more ice.

QUOTE : Is that Omar following you?

No, I believe that was a local coach named Christian following me, then I was evaluated for Blue Group by Ralph later in the day...I still need some more work to get there. I gotta work on getting off the bike some more and look to shave off another 5-6 seconds from my South course lap times.
Either way I had a blast, despite the heat.

DougZ
05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah, Dan and I were right accross from you guys.....Dan even petted the Dog at the end of the day when your g/f put the ice pack on him...poor pooch. LOL

Next time we'll have to say hi.

High_Revs_17
05-31-2006, 03:43 PM
How can you guys miss a paint job on a tiller like that? :lol:

DougZ
05-31-2006, 03:49 PM
How can you guys miss a paint job in a tiller like that? :lol:

We were noticing other things. ;)

AfricanBootyScratcher
05-31-2006, 03:51 PM
I said hi to Ken, but didn't see the dog.
hey Geo, I thought it was me at first too, haha

High_Revs_17
05-31-2006, 03:56 PM
We were noticing other things. ;)

Whatever floats ur boat. :lol:

JasonB
05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
I remember seeing that dog....thinking to myself...he must be hot...but it looks likes he was kept kool

Hanz-Solo
06-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Nice see everyone had a great time... thank good I was the worst of them all... This is a minor set back.... I will be back in 2 months... and I shall conquer turn 6 at south track... But just incase anyone decides to go down in VIR, make sure they ship you to University of Virginia Medical Hospital... I tell you, you wouldn't want to leave... There is nothing like being a gini pig for some hot chicks in white wanting to grow up to be doctors :lol: … and the guys there are so/so… incase you liked to know ;) :ohmygod: :LOL:

Take care everyone... Be on the look out for LF 8 in late August...

P.S. Cakes, I couldn’t find that photographers website… can you please send it to me? I want see if anyone caught my high side on film...

Bster13
06-02-2006, 09:56 AM
http://www.picsofyou.com/

Rest up! :)

CBRBob
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Glad you are back

Qetesh
06-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Yaaaa :clap: Glad to hear from you Hani. We asked many times for updates and Rob was cool and stopped by our setup if he heard anything! Looking forward to riding South course with you next time ;)

Heal up quick and if you need anything, just lets us know :)

Vin
06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Glad to hear you're doing well.

JasonB
06-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Glad you are doing well Hani...looking to do VIR again..

DougZ
06-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Glad you are OK overall Hani.....it always sucks when someone you know goes down at the track. Big props to Rob for keeping everyone informed about your situation and status too.