PDA

View Full Version : BARBER Motorsports Park!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCM78
05-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I thought Summit Point was a cool track. I thought Beaverun was awesome. I thought VIR was the best track on the east coast.

Then we went to BARBER!!!

I only wish I had more time there. Not just to ride but too walk around the place and check it out. It's like a finely manicured golf course with a roller coaster of a racetrack flowing through it.

It was a 15 hour ride each way. We spent less then 5 hours total on the racetrack, the trip was well worth it and I cant wait to do it again!!!

The race track itself is just perfect. 45 feet wide everywhere. Downhill, uphill, decreasing & increasing radius turns, most of which are blind. There are two sections where your suspension is fully compressed and you start to climb hills. You cant even see the top of the hills and you feel like your going to launch right off them. It has the fastest chicane I've ever experienced. The traction is above and beyond any other track I've been too and the asphalt is ohh so smooth!!!

This place is just so incredible I was literally yelling in my helmet while riding. The track just works so well and flows so perfectly you cant help but get pumped up after a couple good laps.

I want to go back at the end of the season. The more the merrier!!!

Jimmy
05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Why doesn't TPM reserve any dates there? :confused:

benellis
05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
How did you end up getting to ride Barber?

RCM78
05-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Why doesn't TPM reserve any dates there? :confused:

I'm not sure myself. Hopefully next year...

RCM78
05-24-2006, 07:06 PM
How did you end up getting to ride Barber?

It was a NESBA day. Payed the fee and rode the track...

AfricanBootyScratcher
05-24-2006, 09:28 PM
That's so sweet, wish I could have gone

High_Revs_17
05-24-2006, 10:24 PM
That's the way every track should be, one constant smooth surface, no patches, ruts, or bumps, cuz if you wanted to deal with that crap you'd stay on the backroads.

"I was literally yelling in my helmet while riding"

I have yet to experience that on the track but I've shouted a few "woohoo's" on some nice county roads, what a great feeling.

IrocRob
05-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Barber looks real sweet - I think I could spend a week
there just in the museum. It's on my list of tracks I
want to ride as soon as I can manage it.

So is:
Miller Motorsports Park - Supposedly the best track in the country.
Road Atlanta
Mid-Ohio - Before the new pavement is trashed by the cars
Mosport - (Maybe along with another trip to Mont-Tremblant?)
Laguna-Seca
Infineon - aka Sears Point
The hopefully soon to be finished Thunderbolt in South Jersey (Late '07 - I can dream, can't I?)

VIR this weekend - YEEHAA!!!

High_Revs_17
05-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Barber looks real sweet - I think I could spend a week
there just in the museum. It's on my list of tracks I
want to ride as soon as I can manage it.

So is:
Miller Motorsports Park - Supposedly the best track in the country.
Road Atlanta
Mid-Ohio - Before the new pavement is trashed by the cars
Mosport - (Maybe along with another trip to Mont-Tremblant?)
Laguna-Seca
Infineon - aka Sears Point
The hopefully soon to be finished Thunderbolt in South Jersey (Late '07 - I can dream, can't I?)

VIR this weekend - YEEHAA!!!

I wonder how PIR & LVMS are?

IrocRob
05-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Las Vegas is flat, inside the 1-1/2 mile oval.
I can do that much closer, but it does have
the appeal of great night life after your riding is done.

PIR - are you talking about Portland? or Phoenix?

Portland looks like fun: www.portlandraceway.com
Phoenix is inside the 1 mile oval, also not very appealing.

Cakes206
05-25-2006, 08:01 AM
That's the way every track should be, one constant smooth surface, no patches, ruts, or bumps, cuz if you wanted to deal with that crap you'd stay on the backroads.

That happens to alot of tracks that facilitate both cars and bikes...bike only tracks are smooth as glass.

I 'd like to try some new/different tracks next season.

High_Revs_17
05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
That happens to alot of tracks that facilitate both cars and bikes

Even parking lots...MSF had to cancel their classes at County College of Morris for a while till the damage was repaird cuz the Morris County Police Academy would hold their driving course training on the same lot and the cars would tear the crap outta the blacktop from pulling aggressive figure eights and other crazy maneuvers.

Cakes206
05-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Even parking lots...MSF had to cancel their classes at County College of Morris for a while till the damage was repaird cuz the Morris County Police Academy would hold their driving course training on the same lot and the cars would tear the crap outta the blacktop from pulling aggressive figure eights and other crazy maneuvers.

Thats what happening to Beaver Run. Government branches do different types of training and stuff there(this is a cmmon thing with some tracks.) Last time we were there, they made a mess of the track the night before, gettin dirt all over the place :roll: :banghead: