PDA

View Full Version : Slow in south jersey

jesse370
05-23-2006, 01:35 PM
My name is jesse, used to race atv's in district 6 MX. Had a zuki with a yoshi 450 stroker motor, and yoshi carbon ti full pipe. Bike was bad....sunk WAAAAAY too much loot into it....Enough I would've been able to easily buy my bike in cash...but such is life...ANYWAY.

Raced, and started to have knee problems again, bought expensive hinged MX braces...that got me another season of racing, but my body gave up. I would ride and then the next day I would be limping around...Went to my ortho doc and he advised that I give up that foolishness for something a little less high impact. So I sold the mx quad and picked up a zx6r in lime green. I owned some dirt bikes when I was younger and they were all kawis so I had to continue the tradition.

Anyway I was a hour and a half away up at washington cycle getting my boots and I met cakes and he told me to join up so here I am.....

Picked up rearsets already and some spools and a stand. Need to put the rearsets on soon, and I hope to do some trackdays really soon. I could use the practice.

I took the MSF course and really ride well below my ability to be safe. No squidly nonsense from me. I ride in all the gear too.....Suomy spec 1 extreme, joe rocket reactor, and double leather gaunlets from them too..forget the name, jeans ( i know I need to get real pants) and bohn leg armour under them and alpinestars mxr plus boots.

Sorry for the bio....I ride around south jersey and I'm always looking for people to ride with and fun roads to go on.

jcblitz
05-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Welcome. I've always liked the reactor jacket for the summer.

Rev
05-23-2006, 02:04 PM
My name is jesse, used to race atv's in district 6 MX. Had a zuki with a yoshi 450 stroker motor, and yoshi carbon ti full pipe. Bike was bad....sunk WAAAAAY too much loot into it....Enough I would've been able to easily buy my bike in cash...but such is life...ANYWAY.

Raced, and started to have knee problems again, bought expensive hinged MX braces...that got me another season of racing, but my body gave up. I would ride and then the next day I would be limping around...Went to my ortho doc and he advised that I give up that foolishness for something a little less high impact. So I sold the mx quad and picked up a zx6r in lime green. I owned some dirt bikes when I was younger and they were all kawis so I had to continue the tradition.

Anyway I was a hour and a half away up at washington cycle getting my boots and I met cakes and he told me to join up so here I am.....

Picked up rearsets already and some spools and a stand. Need to put the rearsets on soon, and I hope to do some trackdays really soon. I could use the practice.

I took the MSF course and really ride well below my ability to be safe. No squidly nonsense from me. I ride in all the gear too.....Suomy spec 1 extreme, joe rocket reactor, and double leather gaunlets from them too..forget the name, jeans ( i know I need to get real pants) and bohn leg armour under them and alpinestars mxr plus boots.

Sorry for the bio....I ride around south jersey and I'm always looking for people to ride with and fun roads to go on.

welcome and good call on the anti squid measures....get yourself a pair of knee pads..i use fox racing one's...saved my legs when i went down on the twisties in NOV 05...

Cakes206
05-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Jesse, whats goin on man...glad to see ya made it to the site...lot of great people here...enjoy :thumbup:

Hassmaschine
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Welcome aboard, I'm down in blackwood, SJ as well... know any good roads, I have yet to find em!

Taz
05-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Welcome! :wave:

Gear Dog
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the board.

JasonB
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Jesse, whats goin on man...glad to see ya made it to the site...lot of great people here...enjoy :thumbup:
Yeah they're alot of good people here except for 2...watch out for Hassmachine and NJF4I...those 2 will get you in trouble. Also Revs...now that guy is really a trouble maker

But welcome to the site and enjoy the rest of the peeps on here

jesse370
05-23-2006, 03:03 PM
I still have my asterisk cell braces I need to see if they will work on my bike, they beat the hell out of the sides of my quad and I would rather that not happen on my bike....But they are carbon fiber with articulated knee armour to protect if you go down or catch something on the leg.

Sucks having to take celebrex before each and every ride:cry:

Hass as for roads....That is one reason I'm on here, I might get down kettlerun road in a day or so???
I'm in collingshood so we are close enough to each other......but I hear you are trouble.

High_Revs_17
05-23-2006, 03:19 PM
I still have my asterisk cell braces I need to see if they will work on my bike, they beat the hell out of the sides of my quad and I would rather that not happen on my bike....But they are carbon fiber with articulated knee armour to protect if you go down or catch something on the leg.

Welcome to SBA

Seems like you already had a good start with a great bike shop, Ron and Pappa John (owners) know most of us who frequent there. The next time you stop by tell them you're with SBA and they might give you a little discount.

I hear ya about the knee, I had major surgery on my left knee after a bad wreck last May. I'll be looking into those braces when I throw a leg back over next season. Being you have experience with them it seems like they work well.

Hopefully you'll really enjoy riding sportbikes on the street, lot less impact as you mentioned, and if your knee can handle it maybe you can look into some track days as well regarding your racing ability.

Good luck on the street!

Hassmaschine
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
pot -> Kettle
kettle -> pot

Kettle run eh? Good roads down there? Or wait, are you talking about that ONE road off 73 and cooper?

Qetesh
05-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome to SBA Jesse :wave: Enjoy the site!

jesse370
05-23-2006, 04:20 PM
High revs....those braces have been amazing for me for racing. They were made by the dude who designed the CTi2, so you know its a good unit. But the nice part about them was that they would almost lock into the tops of my tech 8's and I don't know if they will do that on this pair of alpinstars....As far as my ability goes, racing atv's is alot of fun, but it was usually grip it and rip it and hope for the best...Your ass on the inside nerf bar sideways through a turn is alot of fun. With that it was all corner speed and how big of a set you have to go over the big jumps....

I have no clue how nice kettlerun is, my buddy said it is nice though, so we'll see and I think you are thinking of the road...Its on the way to atco, well that is always the way that I would end up going by it. The roads in SJ do suck for the most part though.......

njf4i
05-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Welcome to SBA :wave:

I don't know what the heck jase was talking about, but im no trouble at all. I keep to myself, and regarded as a very nice and quiet guy. :lol:

But hopefully you meet up with some good riders on the board and enjoy SBA.

High_Revs_17
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM
those braces have been amazing for me for racing. They were made by the dude who designed the CTi2, so you know its a good unit. But the nice part about them was that they would almost lock into the tops of my tech 8's and I don't know if they will do that on this pair of alpinstars.

I'm interested in a Teknic two-piece so I can use it for the street and the track and was wondering how well they fit under leathers. Did you have to get a size larger in the pants/legs so it fits?

ronin_01r1
05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
welcome. i'm in winslow twp where all roads are straight.

SAXON117
05-23-2006, 08:27 PM
welcome :fart:

Cakes206
05-23-2006, 08:49 PM
welcome :fart:
You eat beans or somethin? :lol:

SAXON117
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
You eat beans or somethin? :lol:

no just want everyone to feel comfortable around each other LOL:wave:

jesse370
05-23-2006, 11:15 PM
My braces would fit under the tight style MX pants, so I would assume that they would fit inside leathers....I mean they aren't really that big and bulky.

southjersey636
05-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah they're alot of good people here except for 2...watch out for Hassmachine and NJF4I...those 2 will get you in trouble. Also Revs...now that guy is really a trouble maker

But welcome to the site and enjoy the rest of the peeps on here

You forgot me!