PDA

View Full Version : Next Track Day?

Lorenzo
06-18-2005, 11:56 AM
So when is the next track day? I need to check this out!

CBRBob
06-18-2005, 06:37 PM
So when is the next track day? I need to check this out!

TPM Schedule!! (http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=track_events)

opinion914
07-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Tommyma and i are doing FUSA on 7/29. the more the merrier

Kevin

lateapex
07-01-2005, 08:51 AM
July 17 Summit JC. I should be healed up enough to ride.

Kennedy
07-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I would love to get out to a track day ughhhhh lol

AfricanBootyScratcher
07-01-2005, 09:54 AM
I would love to get out to a track day ughhhhh lol
so what you waitin' for

~Donna~
07-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Although I won't be on the track I will be watching all of you that will be attending Mosport 7/9 & 7/10 :) I can't wait ;)

tommymac
07-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Tommyma and i are doing FUSA on 7/29. the more the merrier

Kevin

You forgot the C. I am now booked for the 29th as well as summit on the 17th and 18th and NHIS on the 10th.

Tom

wcrbikemike
07-02-2005, 12:02 AM
MOSPORT

Qetesh
07-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Although I won't be on the track I will be watching all of you that will be attending Mosport 7/9 & 7/10 :) I can't wait ;)

Hey, I'll be there too :boogie:

My next day is Monday, July 4th...Summit Main :leek:

DougZ
07-02-2005, 09:30 AM
My next day is Monday, July 4th...Summit Main :leek:

+1

opinion914
07-05-2005, 08:13 AM
You forgot the C. I am now booked for the 29th as well as summit on the 17th and 18th and NHIS on the 10th.

Tom

Dude, your going to be in blue by the 29th, take it easy on me.

tommymac
07-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Dude, your going to be in blue by the 29th, take it easy on me.

I thought about asking to be followed last week since I ran some fast and consistent laps early in the day and guy I was riding with wanted to be bumped up and I was keping pace with him so I figured why not, but aftera long delay and with lunch ( only 2 sessions before lunch) the sun came out and it got sticky/hot out and didint run as well later in the day so I just worked on my lines.

Tom

Kennedy
07-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Well looks like im in for FUSA as well coming up!!! YIPPIE

opinion914
07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Keep your eyes on Kennedy. im predicting now this kids super fast.

Onedwn5up
07-12-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm racing again at NHIS on 7/23-24 then might be coaching on 8-10 at NHIS since I have been spending lots of time there. Not sure yet though. I still have to find out of I can get off of work that day.

NHIS is a tricky track and easy to get yourself in trouble on if youre not careful. I would be more than happy to work with you and would be able to tell pretty easily if you're ready to step it up. Basically, we'd go out and run a session so that I could evaluate your performance and consistency then if I thought it was time for you to move up I go and get a second coach and he does the same thing with you for a second session. It takes two coaches to sign off on moving someone to the Blue group.

Even if I don't coach that day, I can still ride in the red group if you specifically ask for me to work with you. You would just need to ask Linda. I will be on a grey primered 600RR #973 though there is a minute chance it'll be painted by then. 5 minutes of conversation, a pen , a piece of paper and two sessions and I bet you'll be able to shave several seconds off your time easy.

I thought about asking to be followed last week since I ran some fast and consistent laps early in the day and guy I was riding with wanted to be bumped up and I was keping pace with him so I figured why not, but aftera long delay and with lunch ( only 2 sessions before lunch) the sun came out and it got sticky/hot out and didint run as well later in the day so I just worked on my lines.

Tom

tommymac
07-12-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm racing again at NHIS on 7/23-24 then might be coaching on 8-10 at NHIS since I have been spending lots of time there. Not sure yet though. I still have to find out of I can get off of work that day.

NHIS is a tricky track and easy to get yourself in trouble on if youre not careful. I would be more than happy to work with you and would be able to tell pretty easily if you're ready to step it up. Basically, we'd go out and run a session so that I could evaluate your performance and consistency then if I thought it was time for you to move up I go and get a second coach and he does the same thing with you for a second session. It takes two coaches to sign off on moving someone to the Blue group.

Even if I don't coach that day, I can still ride in the red group if you specifically ask for me to work with you. You would just need to ask Linda. I will be on a grey primered 600RR #973 though there is a minute chance it'll be painted by then. 5 minutes of conversation, a pen , a piece of paper and two sessions and I bet you'll be able to shave several seconds off your time easy.

I have heard all different things about that track so if I get the hang of it and get into a groove and am passing a lot of people I will prolly ask to be evaluated. Like I was saying at pocono I was running prety good but got into a funk later in the day. I can be my own worst enemy and play headgames with myself LOL but if I am not too fatigued and stay focused then I can ride prety good

Tom

duc748pilot
07-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Keep your eyes on Kennedy. im predicting now this kids super fast.

who you kidding.....this kid is sllllooooowwwwww..... :jerkit: :wave2:

Kennedy
07-12-2005, 10:08 AM
I am slow...what can I say...but you ride slow to become fast :nod2:
Thanks Kevin, I won't let your predictions down lol :)

duc748pilot
07-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I am slow...what can I say...but you ride slow to become fast :nod2:
Thanks Kevin, I won't let your predictions down lol :)

keep riding slow....tell me how fast you get :omg: lol

j/p dick. whats the deal with fusa?!

Kennedy
07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Fuck dude IDK i cant call yet boss is all over my ass
Call for me :)

duc748pilot
07-12-2005, 10:38 AM
no thanks :yawn:

Kennedy
07-12-2005, 10:46 AM
assholy-o.........if I cant get in ill be pissed...shitty

duc748pilot
07-12-2005, 10:57 AM
:cries: :busa:

tommymac
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
keep riding slow....tell me how fast you get :omg: lol

j/p dick. whats the deal with fusa?!

Well kevin and I will be there :)

Guess I iwll have to get bumped up to show kevin what time it is LOL

Tom

duc748pilot
07-12-2005, 11:26 AM
sweet im going to register tonight hopefully blue isnt full yet.

Kennedy
07-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I hope I can get in white.......shit!!!!

Cakes206
07-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I hope I can get in white.......shit!!!!

Not sure if it was said already...but you ever do a track day before?

Kennedy
07-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Nope I need to take ART Basic and Im number 9 in the waiting list so Im basically screwed all around.

Cakes206
07-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Nope I need to take ART Basic and Im number 9 in the waiting list so Im basically screwed all around.

I was gonna say, then sign up for ART Basic and you should have no problems...but damn...even ART basic is full, wow.

Kennedy
07-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I know!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol

Onedwn5up
07-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Take the Basic course with The Penguin School at Loudon on Friday, July 22nd ( www.pengiunracing.com ). It's a walk up and register course and they never turn anyone away. It's 180 bucks and the best part is that you are qualified for your race license after the course. AND you get to do the rookie race which is 3 laps on Saturday for free. In addition to that, since you will have passed tech inspection, you can practice Saturday and Sunday morning. There are 2, 15 minute practice sessions each morning before the races and you won't be obiglated to do any more races if you don't want to.

After you do this school you can do track days with anyone, just like with ART Basic.

You could also register into the white group now if the trackday with TPM is after the Penguin School date you are going to be attending. Just call TPM about that and I'm sur they would be glad to work with you.

Sort of an indirect way to solve your problem while still having fun.

DougZ
07-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Take the Basic course with The Penguin School at Loudon on Friday, July 22nd ( www.pengiunracing.com ). It's a walk up and register course and they never turn anyone away. It's 180 bucks and the best part is that you are qualified for your race license after the course. AND you get to do the rookie race which is 3 laps on Saturday for free. In addition to that, since you will have passed tech inspection, you can practice Saturday and Sunday morning. There are 2, 15 minute practice sessions each morning before the races and you won't be obiglated to do any more races if you don't want to.

After you do this school you can do track days with anyone, just like with ART Basic.

You could also register into the white group now if the trackday with TPM is after the Penguin School date you are going to be attending. Just call TPM about that and I'm sur they would be glad to work with you.

Sort of an indirect way to solve your problem while still having fun.

Are you saying that, with this organization, someone can get a race license after only one day on the track??????

Vin
07-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Note that the URL should be http://www.penguinracing.com/

duc748pilot
07-13-2005, 09:26 AM
that is correct doug.....IF they pass the class. they wont pass someone that is unsafe. IMO this is not the best way to go either. last races there were a few new guys right off the street in my middleweight races. and it made it VEEERY unsafe. :yawn:

I Ride
07-13-2005, 11:52 AM
that is correct doug.....IF they pass the class. they wont pass someone that is unsafe. IMO this is not the best way to go either. last races there were a few new guys right off the street in my middleweight races. and it made it VEEERY unsafe. :yawn:

yea.........there was one guy (or 2) racing that day at a slow art basic pace. its rediculous

DougZ
07-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Exactly, very unsafe. The way I look at it is, the guys doing racing, should have more experience than anyone else out there. One day and their a racer....that is crazy.

This is stuff that makes me like TPM more and more.

Vin
07-13-2005, 01:25 PM
When you guys say "racing", do you mean competitive racing or just blasting around the track?

Did that make sense? :confused:

DougZ
07-13-2005, 01:28 PM
When you guys say "racing", do you mean competitive racing or just blasting around the track?

Did that make sense? :confused:

Actual racing, not just track days.

duc748pilot
07-13-2005, 03:47 PM
tpm isnt any safer. its probably worse if anything. youve got guys going all over the place in the white and red groups...and even in blue. tpm is dangerous.....racing is dangerous....which is "more" dangerous is a petty discussion IMO.

DougZ
07-13-2005, 03:48 PM
tpm isnt any safer. its probably worse if anything. youve got guys going all over the place in the white and red groups...and even in blue. tpm is dangerous.....racing is dangerous....which is "more" dangerous is a petty discussion IMO.

Sure, but will TPM let you race after just one day on the track????

duc748pilot
07-13-2005, 03:52 PM
no. very true. but....its a mute point. there are too many variables person to person. i would race next to a few people that i know have never been on the track....and theres a few people ive raced with....that dont belong on a bike period. its an individual basis

I Ride
07-13-2005, 04:44 PM

no way dude. Putting some dude whose first time on the track is today...in a race with both experts, and ametures running sub 17's at summit is nuts. Those front runners in the expert races run 16's......and they are going for the win, running up on some guy barley knows how to track ride running 1:45's ?? whens the last time you saw art basic out there with the black group. You cant stop people from not riding on line.....but you can eliminate insane closing speeds by not allowing people from the slowest spectrum, on the track at the same time as people from the fastest spectrum. Must we re-hash the airbag discussion to contemplate which organization is "safer" and more concerned about safety??

duc748pilot
07-13-2005, 04:52 PM
no. very true. but....its a mute point. there are too many variables person to person. i would race next to a few people that i know have never been on the track....and theres a few people ive raced with....that dont belong on a bike period. its an individual basis

rob re read this post. biatch......i totally agree with what you said...but i still beleive it is up to the individual. :crazy:

I Ride
07-13-2005, 05:15 PM
:jerkit: :wave2: :rant: :slap:

Onedwn5up
07-15-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm not saying to go out and race after doing the penguin school. All I said is that is qualifies you to race. And you get to do the rookie race for free, which is with a bunch of newbies as well.

As an introduction to track riding everything is going to be simliar to ART basic. But by doing the penguin program you end up saving yourself like 2-300 bucks in the long run if your intention is to possibly compete. An d if you crash, you fail, just like many of the other org's as well.

Loudon (LRRS -northeast CCS) is at least smart enough to separate the Experts/Amateurs from the Novices.