PDA

View Full Version : Helmets

gottaducati
05-13-2006, 08:17 PM
what kind of helmet do you wear and whats your fav brand?

for some reason i really like this new helmet..maybe its just the girl.
:)

njf4i
05-13-2006, 08:23 PM
I love my shoei rf-1000 http://www.newenough.com/photogallery/photo00013706/nerve_tc1.jpg

gottaducati
05-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I love my shoei rf-1000 http://www.newenough.com/photogallery/photo00013706/nerve_tc1.jpg

did you put that decal on the side?? and what do you think of those people who paste sticers all over their helmet?

RonJ83
05-13-2006, 08:47 PM
i finally broke in my suomy and i love it, its so dam light.

gottaducati
05-13-2006, 08:54 PM
i finally broke in my suomy and i love it, its so dam light.

suomy's are badass
i never felt anything lighter than the arai. those feel like you dont have anything on. pretty sick..

Hassmaschine
05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
http://www.customlids.co.uk/helmets/roof/daytona/daytona_black.jpg
I love my roof...

gottaducati
05-13-2006, 10:20 PM
[IMG]
I love my roof...

is that DOT approved?

CBRBob
05-13-2006, 10:22 PM
is that DOT approved?

No, he is going skiing :roflmao:

gottaducati
05-13-2006, 10:25 PM
No, he is going skiing :roflmao:

serious.. i went to their site and the helmets are cool. they're french. but they look more like fighter pilot helmets.
hey, it cant be much worse than a skid lid. my friend wears this thing that mind as well be an eggshell its so thin.

Hassmaschine
05-13-2006, 10:30 PM
No it's not DOT approved, but more because they rate HIGHER, they go to the European Testing since they are not sold in the states anymore, DOT wanted something like 1000 helmets for free to get approved and roof told them no. But when you look at the ratings, they go through all the same test, and roof actually ranked as one of the highest, DOT means shit to me, what DOES mean something to me, is safety....

gottaducati
05-13-2006, 10:36 PM
No it's not DOT approved, they are not sold in the states anymore, ...

they look pretty cool, man. so how do you get one? & how much are they?

RonJ83
05-13-2006, 10:48 PM
suomy's are badass
i never felt anything lighter than the arai. those feel like you dont have anything on. pretty sick..

my extreme is ALOT lighter than my RX7 Corsair.

High_Revs_17
05-14-2006, 03:57 AM
So then the ROOF's SNELL rated?

If I was wearing the lid that chick has on, my lower jaw would've been gone...it's worthless.

HJC CL-11: Crash tested, HighRevs approved.

Hassmaschine
05-14-2006, 07:35 AM
http://www.motorcycle-training.f2s.com/safety.html

Thats a small article on what goes on, there was a big one I read that detailed everything but I can't seem to find it...when I do I'll post it up. Roof is Gold and or BSU-A.

PSYCHO1000R
05-14-2006, 10:32 AM
suomy which i love
http://www.stefanfil.com/lid3.jpg

and the icon mainiac mainframe.... looks good , but i dont like the fit of it. i cant find a pic of it

JimRBlue
05-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Arai Corsair RX-7

Rock712
05-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Vemar

gottaducati
05-15-2006, 12:53 AM
So then the ROOF's SNELL rated?

If I was wearing the lid that chick has on, my lower jaw would've been gone...it's worthless.

thats a cromwell. its supposed to be very comfortable and safe. just not by US standards

gottaducati
05-15-2006, 12:53 AM
does anyone wear a skid lid on their sportbike?

High_Revs_17
05-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Are you for real?

gottaducati
05-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Are you for real?

no. its 1 in the morning. im bored as hell.
:P

High_Revs_17
05-15-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm sure there's been a dumbass somewhere that's tried it...

gottaducati
05-15-2006, 01:21 AM
oh, ive seen kids and know some kids that wear them on their sportbikes. i just wondered if anyone on here does..

PitsVtec
05-15-2006, 01:24 AM
The "History" Helmet - HJC CL - 14
Current Helmet- Scorpion EXO 700 Fury (fits a little funny on one side)

gottaducati
05-15-2006, 01:30 AM
The "History" Helmet - HJC CL - 14
Current Helmet- Scorpion EXO 700 Fury (fits a little funny on one side)

its not pink is it??

Marker54
05-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Scorpion
EXO-700 Geronimo (little loud, but fits great)

njracer
05-15-2006, 07:48 PM

HJC AC-11 creature....crash tested on Saturday.......a nice shot to the head and I'm still smarter and better looking than Hassamegadeathwhatever.:lol:

Other than that...I really love my RX7RR and Corsair as much as I love my X11...and the few AGV's I have.

However, out of the 10 lids I have...AGV...HJC...SHOIE...ARAI...KBC...the Shoie and Arai stand well above the rest in fit, finish and comfort. The others are "ok" but are not in the same class as the Shoie or Arai's.

njracer

AfricanBootyScratcher
05-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Arai Quantum II Twister
light wieght, very plush and comfy liner, excellent fit and finish, even hanging off at the high speed kink in VIR there was minimal buffeting, excellent vents, some visor fogging, little bit of noise
Shoei Orbit
light wieght, nice and very comfy liner, excellent fit and finish, very little buffeting and only at very high speeds, excellent ventallation, quick and easy visor swap, but visor fogs up, some noise
Scorpion
fog free visor, good vents, even at low speed lots of buffeting in the wind (bobble head), very heavy, visor attachment sucks, plastic parts (vent covers, visor holders) break easily, even with a fairly plush liner still not very confy, noisy
AFX
never realy wore it, maybe twice. feels cheaply made, thin and uncomfortable liner, heavy, some buffeting, decent visor
HJC
don't really wear it either. poor fit, heavy (though not as bad as the scorion or afx), decent liner

don't remember what else, but there are more not worth mentioning.

will always buy an arai or shoei, because I'm worth it :D

SPRHK
05-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Aria corsair RX7 Tommy Gunn model

gottaducati
05-15-2006, 10:22 PM
shoei..thats how i roll.

High_Revs_17
05-15-2006, 10:40 PM
(fits a little funny on one side)

I've never heard anyone say that before...fits funny how?

Cakes206
05-16-2006, 07:33 AM
the Shoie and Arai stand well above the rest in fit
You mean the Shoie and the Arai are designed to fit you type of head better than the others. Not that the others are bad...just not the right helmet for you.

funny how?
You mean like a clown?

Hassmaschine
05-16-2006, 07:40 AM
More 'funny like when a clown dies...' that uncomfortable kinda funny.

I HAD a shoei before the roof, but after using the roof, would never use anything but, although I hear the arai is a similar fit but just recockulous $$.

njracer
05-16-2006, 08:02 AM
You mean the Shoie and the Arai are designed to fit you type of head better than the others. Not that the others are bad...just not the right helmet for you.

No I mean the fit and finish (as in the quality of the build) is way better than the rest. All of my helmets fit quite well but you can tell which helmet mfg use cheaper materials on the inside and out.

Cakes206
05-16-2006, 08:18 AM
No I mean the fit and finish (as in the quality of the build) is way better than the rest. All of my helmets fit quite well but you can tell which helmet mfg use cheaper materials on the inside and out.

Its also the slight variations of design. Not like you have a universal shaped noggin, stop bein so stubborn, guess it comes with age though :roflmao:

Gear Dog
05-16-2006, 08:55 AM
I have an ICON and a HJC. I love the fit of the ICON but sometimes I feel it's a bit noisy. The HJC is quieter but but nowhere near as comfortable.

Cakes206
05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I love the fit of the ICON but sometimes I feel it's a bit noisy.
Hows the venting? Sometimes with better vented helmets, comes more noise.

Gear Dog
05-16-2006, 09:41 AM
The venting is great. But I've riden with the vents close and I still hear the noise. It sounds like the fit from the visor to the helmet could be a little more stream lined if that makes sence.

High_Revs_17
05-16-2006, 02:15 PM
You mean like a clown?

Heh...it was a serious question too...guess she thought I was jokin'.

http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/MMPH/218717.jpg

southjersey636
05-20-2006, 08:50 AM
KBC Urban Assault.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/southjersey636/forces_6_urban.jpg

67GTONUT
05-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I currently wear an HJC.

I want this

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/products/x11/x11_bostrom_tc5.jpg

Does anyone know how the X11 feels compared to the RF1000. No one seems to stock X11's to try on. Ron @ WCW says he would order one in for me, no obligation to buy, I might take him up on it.

simmons5
05-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I have an Arai Rx-7 and an Icon. My Girl has a Shoie X-11 that used to be mine. The Arai is by far the most comfortable but all three of them are good and worth the money.

tweake
05-21-2006, 12:09 AM
suomy ducati corse
i love it light cool looking but dam price :nuts:

sonny
05-22-2006, 09:33 AM
scorpion exo-700 for me

raider / silver

jesse370
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM
suomy spec 1 extreme......the damn white flower helmet....Looked really cool in the picture, but the picture doesn't show the red fade turning PINK!!!

Not a day goes by I don't get my balls busted....But its the best helmet I've ever had.

High_Revs_17
05-23-2006, 04:33 PM
suomy spec 1 extreme......the damn white flower helmet....Looked really cool in the picture, but the picture doesn't show the red fade turning PINK!!!

Not a day goes by I don't get my balls busted....But its the best helmet I've ever had.

A nice custom paint scheme can fix that.

SAXON117
05-23-2006, 07:26 PM
I like my SHOEI RF 900, but I have to say and I am sure I will get busted on for this, but I love my cheap ass KBC VR2 it is comfortable and lite. It fits my melon nicely and got a good crash rating.

CBRfanatic
05-23-2006, 08:31 PM
i currently wear the HJC AC-12 Carbon helmet. its ok, but im in the market for the 2006 Suomy White flower helmet. The carbon HJC looks good but is a little shaky at high speeds.

Mach1
05-25-2006, 07:01 PM
KBC Urban Assault.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/southjersey636/forces_6_urban.jpg
Look at where the intake is on that helmet? How is that an intake if they are on the side practicly and facing back???????? I had an HJC! One of the most unconfortable helmets. Suomi are off the hook but expensive as hell. i going for an Icon! Pretty comfortable and nice looking too.

bikerguyzx12
05-26-2006, 11:20 AM
The RF1000 is the lightest on the market, even lighter then the X11, it weighs in at only 3.14 LBS, Even the all carbon fiber HJC is heavier then that, Shoei has a patent on thier only materials, it is made from a natrual fiber weave, Niether Fiberglass nor Kevlar Nor Carbon Fiber, 10 times stronger then Fiberglass and 50 times more abrasion resistant than kevlar.

HookRone
05-26-2006, 11:35 AM
THE RF1000 IS THE LIGHTEST ON THE MARKET, EVEN LIGHTER THAN THE X11, IT WEIGHS IN AT ONLY 3.14 LBS, EVEN THE ALL CARBON FIBER HJC IS HEAVIER THAN THAT, SHOEI HAS A PATENT ON THEIR ONLY MATERIALS, IT IS MADE FROM A NATURAL FIBER WEAVE, NIETHER FIBERGLASS NOR KEVLAR NOR CARBON FIBER, 10 TIMES STRONGER THAN FIBERGLASS AND 50 TIMES MORE ABRASION RESISTANT THAN KEVLAR

Ogk FF-4 $200
1409 g= 3.0734375000000003 lbs

Think about getting one. But will probably buy another RF1000.

CBRfanatic
05-29-2006, 01:58 AM
The RF1000 is the lightest on the market, even lighter then the X11, it weighs in at only 3.14 LBS, Even the all carbon fiber HJC is heavier then that, Shoei has a patent on thier only materials, it is made from a natrual fiber weave, Niether Fiberglass nor Kevlar Nor Carbon Fiber, 10 times stronger then Fiberglass and 50 times more abrasion resistant than kevlar.
my carbon weighed in at 2.7lbs on a digi scale.

nhfirefighter13
01-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but I felt the need to participate.

I am one of the unfortunate few who feel uncomfortable in anthing but an Arai. The others, with the exception of HJC (did you know they've been banned at NHIS?), just don't fit my melon very well. I've tried Shoei and they were close. Suomy was too round which really stinks as I could've gotten one for cost. Sharks seemed to be even rounder than Suomy. :nopity:

My old helmet was an Okada Replica but I upgraded in 06 to a Hayden Replica.

Ugly mug not included: 3380

Marker54
01-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Sweet Lid...Don't let Wee-Man see this! Good thing you in NH, he'd be freakin!!

jcblitz
01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3928/helmetssc1.jpg

njracer
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
The others, with the exception of HJC (did you know they've been banned at NHIS?), just don't fit my melon very well.

I love it when people open their mouth and have no clue on what they are saying.

LRRS did NOT ban HJC....period. They only banned the very low end poly carbonite (sp?) shells. All of the fiberglass and CF lids are fine to use at any LRRS, CCS, WERA and AMA race.

njracer

High_Revs_17
01-03-2007, 12:11 AM
I love it when people open their mouth and have no clue on what they are saying.

LRRS did NOT ban HJC....period. They only banned the very low end poly carbonite (sp?) shells. All of the fiberglass and CF lids are fine to use at any LRRS, CCS, WERA and AMA race.

njracer

Thank you......an HJC CL-11 had no problem saving my head one time.

Rock712
01-03-2007, 12:12 AM
I'll vouch for the Vemar VSR and Scorpion EXO700.....

jcblitz
01-03-2007, 12:17 AM

njracer

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=25781

It does happen to mention HJC specifically, you have to give him credit for at leaset getting the facts right and being more correct than most things posted on forums. But it's only certain HJC's, not all.

njracer
01-03-2007, 12:42 AM

It does happen to mention HJC specifically, you have to give him credit for at leaset getting the facts right and being more correct than most things posted on forums. But it's only certain HJC's, not all.

Yes it does mention HJC but not the ENTIRE line. Only 2 of the low end helmets were banned and LRRS was looking into them. Saying HJC has been banned is just wrong and thats it.

If you are going to post a statement regarding the banning of a helmet....post it...just dont assume its the every helmet they make.

nj

IrocRob
01-03-2007, 01:19 AM
...They only banned the very low end poly carbonite (sp?) shells...

just a little fyi: polycarbonate

mullerjd
01-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Arai Quantum F Haga
Arai Corsair Wraith
Arai Corsair McCoy
Shoei RF1000 flat black

My girlfriend has a Suomy Spec 1R Extreme pink flowers

nhfirefighter13
01-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Thank you.

Yes it does mention HJC but not the ENTIRE line. Only 2 of the low end helmets were banned and LRRS was looking into them. Saying HJC has been banned is just wrong and thats it.

If you are going to post a statement regarding the banning of a helmet....post it...just dont assume its the every helmet they make.

nj

Wow...Have you never been incorrect or at least partially wrong before? I stand corrected before your God-like omnipotence. :hail:
I'm amazed how some people like to fly off the handle when someone on a forum makes a mistake and pretend that it never happens to them.

nhfirefighter13
01-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh, one more thing (not that it is a valid excuse), I am far from the only person who is under the impression that the entire line of HJC has been banned from the LRRS. Seeing as I do not race, you didn't really think that I just decided to pull that out of my ass, did you?

Cakes206
01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
You'll have to forgive njracer...hes runnin low on Metamucil. Damn dude, ease up on the guy, like JC said, least he tried, and was partial right. Got info? Helps us out, no need to bash ;)

OTOH - Maybe Louden should take a closer look at the actual layout of their track. Forgive me as I go into HighRevs mode(sorry Ron, lol)...Although I never been there, I heard its one of more unsafer tracks for bikes and that being one of the main reasons the AMA doesn't race there anymore.

HondaGalToo
01-03-2007, 10:26 AM
You'll have to forgive njracer...hes runnin low on Metamucil. Damn dude, ease up on the guy, like JC said, least he tried, and was partial right. Got info? Helps us out, no need to bash ;)

OTOH - Maybe Louden should take a closer look at the actual layout of their track. Forgive me as I go into HighRevs mode(sorry Ron, lol)...Although I never been there, I heard its one of more unsafer tracks for bikes and that being one of the main reasons the AMA doesn't race there anymore.

Yeah, that and it's just too damned small for modern superbikes to stretch their legs. Screw up turn 3 and you're into a jersey barrier. Ouch.

the955iman
01-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I loved the AGV I had until I crashed a couple years ago. Now I have a KBC VR-1 Euro and I love it. Comfortable, fairly light and quiet, good ventilation. Next one will either be a AGV or Suomy as I wanna go back with either the British or Euro rating.:thumbup:

nhfirefighter13
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM

No need for apologies or forgiveness. I read his comments as sounding like he has never been wrong before... At least I was only partially wrong which means that I was partly correct. Now I know "what the hell I'm talking about."

You're quite right. NHIS is, amongst an already dangerous sport, decidedly more risky than other tracks. This will probably never change (at least anytime soon) as the Bahre Family really has no reason to spend money on anything but the NASCAR oval. I've heard rumors that AMA is looking to come back assuming some changes are made but those are only rumors as far as I know.

Yeah, that and it's just too damned small for modern superbikes to stretch their legs. Screw up turn 3 and you're into a jersey barrier. Ouch.

I've personally introduced myself to said barrier on one occassion. :(

njracer
01-03-2007, 11:09 PM
No need for apologies or forgiveness. I read his comments as sounding like he has never been wrong before... At least I was only partially wrong which means that I was partly correct. Now I know "what the hell I'm talking about."

You were not correct....period, you clearly posted that HJC was banned. Here is your quote regarding HJC "(did you know they've been banned at NHIS?)"

How is that partly correct?

BTW - I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, however, I'll just come out and say I was wrong.

(cakes.....U R more than welcome to delete any and all of my posts in this thread.....don't want to hurt anybodys feelings)

nhfirefighter13
01-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Uhhh, did you by any chance read the article's title?

Some HJC helmets have been banned. Not all as I incorrectly stated, but some. So I have to ask...WTF is your problem? Do you own stock in HJC? Do you work for them? Have you designed stuff for them? Or do you just like being an ass?

Just trying to understand the superiority complex you have going on there.

From the article In regards to the LRRS ban on HJC CS and CL models, Blakeney said that the models in question have passed all of the required U.S. safety standards.

HJC makes three series of helmets according to their website: CS, CL and AC. So going off a seven month old article that was talked about back in May and then pretty much dropped...the one comment that stood out (and got misconstrued by me) was the one that said 2/3 of the HJC line was banned.

So again, I ask you, what is your problem?

Cakes206
01-04-2007, 08:15 AM
(cakes.....U R more than welcome to delete any and all of my posts in this thread.....don't want to hurt anybodys feelings)
And have everyone miss out on all the fun? No way ;)

Your debate isn't holding much water man...HJC helmets were banned...just not 100% of the product line...plain n simple, thats all there is to it.

Ant
01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
I just went back to Arai after wearing Suomy for the last few years and I have to say I like it a lot more. More specifically, it's a quantum 2 I think.

soda7o
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
arai
icon
bell

oh yeah and my chrom ntazi helmet :) but only wear t on sepcial occasions with my flip flops and wife beater

D1RT
01-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I ride the icon, but I really want to get a Suomyhttp://mxdirtrider.com/i-products/helmets-icon-mainframe-2006-skull.jpg

shadoxkila
01-08-2007, 08:56 PM
i wanted to get that ICON...i've tried on suomy's and they feel friggin awesome i simply don't have 800 bucks to spend on one, if i did, thats what i'd definitely get

Retom7
01-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Looks like some people need to relax. It doesn't sound like something to get everyone's panties in a bunch. Anyway, I don't remember if I chimed in on this post, but I really like my Scorpion EXO-400. I was a weird size and fit in both the small at the medium. I ended up going with the small figuring it was probably better to have the tighter fit. I don't regret it, but one problem I have is that the liner pushes against the side of my face and leaves a nice red line on both sides of my head... everyone always asks, "how did you get that scratch." But, all in all, I love the helmet. Certainly hit my price range. I know some people swear by one company over another saying they're safer than others, but so long as something is DOT and/or SNELL approved, I figure if it's a bad enough wreck to smash my helmet wide open, I'm probably not going to survive anyway.

Anyway, the one helmet I REAAAALLY like the look of, though I don't know much about it since it's european and can't find any US distributors (and refuse to buy something I can't try on first) is the Airoh TR-1... The chin is detachable, and I like the sunvisor behind the clear so you can use it both light and dark without having to change.

If anyone knows anything about this helmet, please inform me!

http://www.miramoto.cz/images/eshop/airoh/0632006_B.jpg

High_Revs_17
01-13-2007, 12:47 PM
The chin is detachable

It is wild looking for sure, like something from a Science Fiction flick, but I've seen accident pics of helmets with movable chin pieces and they seem to easily break off during impact, and as we know that's not very good for the lower half of your head.

the955iman
01-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Looks like some people need to relax. It doesn't sound like something to get everyone's panties in a bunch. Anyway, I don't remember if I chimed in on this post, but I really like my Scorpion EXO-400. I was a weird size and fit in both the small at the medium. I ended up going with the small figuring it was probably better to have the tighter fit. I don't regret it, but one problem I have is that the liner pushes against the side of my face and leaves a nice red line on both sides of my head... everyone always asks, "how did you get that scratch." But, all in all, I love the helmet. Certainly hit my price range. I know some people swear by one company over another saying they're safer than others, but so long as something is DOT and/or SNELL approved, I figure if it's a bad enough wreck to smash my helmet wide open, I'm probably not going to survive anyway.

Anyway, the one helmet I REAAAALLY like the look of, though I don't know much about it since it's european and can't find any US distributors (and refuse to buy something I can't try on first) is the Airoh TR-1... The chin is detachable, and I like the sunvisor behind the clear so you can use it both light and dark without having to change.

If anyone knows anything about this helmet, please inform me!

http://www.miramoto.cz/images/eshop/airoh/0632006_B.jpg

Agreed. However, in a more moderate to severe impact the Euro and British standards deliver less Gs to your melon than a snell. Not trying to sway anyones preference, just stating mine.:thumbup:

Retom7
01-13-2007, 03:04 PM
It is wild looking for sure, like something from a Science Fiction flick, but I've seen accident pics of helmets with movable chin pieces and they seem to easily break off during impact, and as we know that's not very good for the lower half of your head.

You should see some of the other colors, that was just the only larger photo I could find. They have one version that's all white except for a colored stripe down the middle and maybe a little gray here and there... it reminds me of a Storm Trooper helmet, lol. I was reminded of this helmet by those custom painted helmets earlier in the thread.

NYCSTRIPES
01-13-2007, 03:22 PM
I was a sworn Arai man, that was until they pulled that elitist crap with having to go through a dealer for a sizing last year. I switched to Suomy and I am quite happy with them. I have a Spec-1r Andrew Pitt model.
Ken

nhfirefighter13
01-14-2007, 09:53 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3928/helmetssc1.jpg

Did you do the artwork on these? That's pretty impressive!

nhfirefighter13
01-14-2007, 09:55 AM
but I really like my Scorpion EXO-400.

I have a few friends that have switched from Arai to the EXO700 (I think) and they're quite happy with them. Somewhere around the $150 range, they said.

ZeRo_C0oL
01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
those lids on page 4 are SICK!

southjersey636
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Shark S650 Link with Dot and Euro tested.

xPS VerapKillx
05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
KBC all the way

Marker54
06-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Scorpion
EXO-700 Geronimo (little loud, but fits great)

Ok Peeps, I want to update my comment.

The Follow Up: I've now had the lid for ~~ 7,300 miles, and this lid has about bit the dust!

The Reason: Too loud.

The Why: I change the from a clear to smoked visor pretty often. Now the mechanism is so loose it feels like I'm in a wind tunnel. To the degree I can barley concentrate, ...and I'm now shopping for another lid.

The Question: Which manufacturer offers a lid that is quiet but offers easy transfer from clear to smoke? As much as I want to upgrade to the Arai or Suomy, they may be out b/c it takes so long to change visors. And no guys, I dont really want the tear aways or gimmicky inserts. Now..I know the most important thing here is safety, not tint of visor...so which lid offers the most compromise.

Thanks for any input!

Cakes206
06-23-2007, 10:01 AM
As much as I want to upgrade to the Arai or Suomy, they may be out b/c it takes so long to change visors.
Takes all of about 10 seconds to swap out a visor on an Arai(once you get used to it.)

Jimmy
06-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Takes all of about 10 seconds to swap out a visor on an Arai(once you get used to it.)

+1 Arai visors swap in seconds

Sue
06-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Arai Profile.....fits my lil head perfect :nod2:

Kennedy
06-23-2007, 10:46 AM
The Arai covers for the mechanism to swap visor frequently fly off on the track. I think that just might be the older ones though?

njf4i
06-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Pete the Shoei has the easiest visor to change IMO. No tools and takes seconds....

carl_g
06-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I have a large shoei for sale.

FigNewTon
06-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Current collection...

Arai Astral

Suomy Spec 1-R

OGK FF4

Vemar VSR

thirdgenlxi
08-19-2007, 08:19 AM
I've got a Shoei RF-1000

I've had a Scorpion EXO-700 and an HJC AC-11. The Shoei is by far my favorite... fits me like a glove, sooooo comfortable. The Scorpion was nice too though. The HJC, well you get what you pay for. But I'm not gonna knock it, I crash tested it back in 2005 on the highway and it did it's job just fine, otherwise I would not be here typing this now :) LOL the visor popped off the one side though at 150... not fun! ahhaha

southjersey636
08-19-2007, 04:29 PM
I've got a Shoei RF-1000

I've had a Scorpion EXO-700 and an HJC AC-11. The Shoei is by far my favorite... fits me like a glove, sooooo comfortable. The Scorpion was nice too though. The HJC, well you get what you pay for. But I'm not gonna knock it, I crash tested it back in 2005 on the highway and it did it's job just fine, otherwise I would not be here typing this now :) LOL the visor popped off the one side though at 150... not fun! ahhaha

LOL my friends HJC did the same thing a few weeks back and scared me so bad I had to duck down to avoid getting hit by it. At 60mph the thing looked like a glass bottle being thrown at me by a truck passing by.

Brian78
08-27-2007, 11:05 PM
helmets are cool

ZeRo_C0oL
08-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I've got a Shoei RF-1000

150 on the highway? :moocow:

SAXON117
08-30-2007, 04:47 PM
My KBC VR1 saved my skull just the other week. Helmets Rock the Kasbah!:lol:

SPL170db
08-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Arai RX7 Corsair, the greatest :D

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/php/page/RX7_show/RX7/RX7%20Nicky%20Replica.jpg

carl_g
08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Arai RX7 Corsair, the greatest :D

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/php/page/RX7_show/RX7/RX7%20Nicky%20Replica.jpg

Yeah I wrecked one of those helmets.:doh:
It did it's job. It was almost as big as that picture too.

CBRBob
08-31-2007, 07:11 AM
The greatest, for you maybe. I know so many people that think they are not the greatest. People have Arai heads, people have Shoei heads. Buy the best you can afford and wear it!

SPL170db
09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
The greatest, for you maybe.

It is

Buy the best you can afford and wear it!

I do

CBRBob
09-01-2007, 05:22 PM
It is

ok

I do

ok

:moocow: