PDA

View Full Version : i know this has been asked many of times already

John712
04-30-2006, 11:53 PM
i also seen all the commercials but they all say the same shit!

BUT WERE LOOKING TO GET A NEW CELL PHONE PROVIDER

and i wanna know who has the best service, meaning less dropped calls and hardly never looses signal. something 10 times better then what Nextel offers, i have terrible service, with so many dropped calls it aint even funny.

whats weird about it, me and brenda narrowed it down that when were on peak calls never get dropped and always got a good signal then off peak where as calls constantly get dropped and the signal is poor.

i called Nextel and they gave a song and a dance, they said thats because more people use the phone during off peak with a stupid explanation!

High_Revs_17
04-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Nextel is gabaggggge...I've had Verizon for years, had zero issues all up and down the east coast including the middle of nowhere in Arizona.

But...enter Cakes...:lol:

Cakes206
05-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Real simple, as far as the best, its really down to two providers. Verison, and T-Mobile. Right now, as far as "total coverage area" goes...Verizon has that on lock. As far as best call quality, lesser amount of drop calls, and better plans, T-Mobile.

High_Revs_17
05-01-2006, 12:10 AM
As far as best call quality, lesser amount of drop calls, and better plans, T-Mobile.

I don't know about any of that, but I do know she's still got it goin oooooon.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2000/Zeta.jpg

PitsVtec
05-01-2006, 12:14 AM
I've got Cingular and never have any issues. Nokia phones work well with them and I've got a manager friend who works at one and will take care of you if you guys go...PM me if you need more information or tell the wifey to give me a call.

Cakes206
05-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Lil tip on Cingular, when they were using T-Mobile's network, we noticed there were huge amounts of calls being dropped...after we investigated it was Cingular's issue...we tried to called their NOCC and it was like no one gave a crap. They did nothing about it and all we can do was just sit there and watch them shed calls, momos. This was about a year or so ago.

Hassmaschine
05-01-2006, 06:56 AM
That was also ONE issue local to you pinky. :P I've got cingular and I know in your area south as well as down here in south jersey I've had 0 issues with cingular, I've had 0 dropped calls and I do a lot of travel back and forth to chicago, atlanta and the west coast for my job... but that's IMHO... Verizon is ok, but I had problems with dropped calls with them too, and other oddball shit here and there, you're going to get it with them all...

Cakes206
05-01-2006, 07:56 AM
That was also ONE issue local to you pinky. :P I've got cingular and I know in your area south as well as down here in south jersey I've had 0 issues with cingular, I've had 0 dropped calls and I do a lot of travel back and forth to chicago, atlanta and the west coast for my job... but that's IMHO... Verizon is ok, but I had problems with dropped calls with them too, and other oddball shit here and there, you're going to get it with them all...

Point I was making isn't about the actual issue...but rather no urgency whatsoever to try and remedy the problem. They either A- just didn't seem to care or B- not know what do in that situation. Either way, poorly ran operations dept. Hope for their sake they do things a little differently. Generally speaking, the normal cell using public really doesn't know what it takes to make one call go through, the infastructure of a network is truly amazing. The ONLY thing wireless on a wireless network is from ones phone to the cell tower. EVERYTHING else is miles upon miles upon miles of cabling. So much shit can go wrong. And it does. No matter who ya have.

John712
05-01-2006, 08:00 AM
i would like to keep Nextel for the plan i got that they dont offer no more, i got it when they were having a promotion. i get 2500 minutes, free incoming, free voicemail, unlimited text messages, unlimited sending and recieving pictures. unlimited direct connect, free nights and weekends, unlimited use of the Web. $59.99 for both phones. but like i mentioned the serivce is so fukkin horrible

Hassmaschine
05-01-2006, 08:08 AM
You get whatcha pay for homes...