PDA

View Full Version : Had My First Set Of Races

Lakota
04-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Well everyone I had my first race weekend and what a blast. I successfully enjoyed 2 twenty minute practices and ran in my prov nov race as well as the Classic class I was in. Have to say the first practice I was completely lost,nobody told me the cones for apexes and brake points wouldn't be there on race day:roflmao: So after the experts I race with calmed me down and gave me a few pointers I manged to pull it back in and relax. I ended up 23 out of 36 in my prov nov race and 9th in my CU class race and was only 1:04 behind the leader including the experts. My times were 2:21-2:22 and of course Ty Howard set a new record at 1:43 but he runs AMA as well.All 7 of our riders raced and came home in one piece and all the bikes ran great. I'll try to attach a pic this was last week at trackday w/o my new numbers but it was at Texas World were we raced. Still waiting on race pics.Take care

PitsVtec
04-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ffejtable
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
very nice! must feel good to go out there and not come in last... that would be my "fear"...

btw, what kinda bike is that? reminds me of my 95 zx6r

CBRBob
04-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Great Job!

It's an F3

njf4i
04-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Dude Congrats on surviving your first race. Thats awesome to hear someone getting out there and taking it on.

Good Luck with any other ones you run this year.

Cakes206
04-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Awesome job Gil...keep at it :thumbup:

NYCSTRIPES
04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Congrats, sounds like you had a great time.
Ken

SPRHK
04-25-2006, 10:37 PM
:cheers: :partyblow :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :highfive:

Qetesh
04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Congrats Gil!!! Keep up the good work!

Lakota
04-26-2006, 02:24 AM
Thanks everyone figured I'd keep you posted since it is all your FAULT and I owe you a beer when I come home to NY this Christmas. It was an absolute blast and I am racing in the remaining 7 events in the Lightweight Twin Nov/Exp and Classic Nov/Exp all run together and after next month at Hallet I will no longer be a provisional novice I will be joining up with the guys I race with on an endurance team as well.Just finished putting on the carbon fibre/black CBR sticker kit on it tonight. Can't believe I have to wait another month to race again. Take care

gsxryager024
04-26-2006, 03:58 AM
After you buy the bike and get all set up what would you say the average cost of mantaining the bike and everything else to keep you going is? I was really thinking about it but i have no idea if its in my budget.

Lakota
04-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Well I lucked out and the gentleman I am so called racing for and with got this bike in a trade off for an 80 Derby because it wouldn't run right. It was complete with Ohlins rear shock and racetech front and race plastic. I paid $2500 for it and the guy had the feul lines to the fuel pump reversed and it runs great now. I had 4 trackdays and the $315 race certification day. With my speeds at this time one $300 set of tires will last me at least 3 race weekends in the sprints(only 2 each time) so not counting that you figure about $175 each weekend for fees and transponder rental (until I buy one) and about $150 for gas and food as we all camp out together. I also had already bought my leathers,boots and have a good Shoei. So for me the $325 once a month is well worth it and for the endurance races it is one fee of $175 plus tires for the bike but is split with the 5 team members. Hth